Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Hello, fellow ZeeBees

My first post and my first forays into ZBrush...

I could wax lyrical about it, about how it's the closest thing to pure artistic freedom I've experienced in a long, long time; about how I feel like a kid in my first comic book store again... but (my) words don't really cut it, which is why I became an artist after all

I only bought it for the 3D sculpting, but what has come as a complete surprise - and utter joy - is the 2.5d sculpting! It's a kind of organised coalescence of chaos that I've only ever experienced playing music

I've only been messing so far... more than a little frightened to see what happens if I actually plan a piece!

So much to learn... CAN'T WAIT!!!

Really would help if I read the instructions, wouldn't it

ZBrush Document 2.jpg

And the first thing I did, working a demo head to find out what does what.
    God bless you Pixologic, you should have your own country; Pixologia, and we could all be Pixologians, fine upstanding, intelligent and very sexy individuals...

... he rambles, he shuts up!

Codger.jpg

Stupid newbie; first I insert instead of uplink, now I read the bit about posting images in firefox... starting to feel a little lonely here with the zbrushed tumbleweeds, zbrushed gekko sat on a zbrushed rock blinking at my irregular smoothing group'd self

Oh well, tried posting these yesterday (or so I thought) because the 2.5d side of zbrush has been such a revelation to me... may post my first 3d bits again too if i figure this out
    so here goes, with curly brackets this time, and without cutting and pasting java script... more complicated than learning zbrush

'nGenes' (my engineered little playmates!)
    nGene2.jpg

'Lightward' (releasing nGenes into the wild...)
    Lightward.jpg

Loving ZBrush, just starting my first zsphere'd build!
    Can't wait to try paintstop (yes, like pitstop, i get it)
    Not enough hours in the day... if I can just zbrush that disapproving look off my wife's face

[Don't have enough ram to go up to a higher poly count, unfortunately, but loved building this little fellow up out of zpheres.
    A fantastically intuitive process once you learn tom keep your mesh clean - god bless that 'a' button!

Found I have far more stretching around the large zpheres of the chest and thighs than the smaller extremities (obviously). Wondering if retop'ing will sort out the distribution, so that I can sculpt on those large areas without having to waste even more polies on the smaller already detailed areas... guess I'll find out when I finish learning the basics...

All I can say is
    Zspheres = Genius
    loved the process, will learn and will hopefully get better

Hammerhead.jpg

Couldn't resist another 2.5d sculpt after I accidentally made a weird shape when deforming my zspheres sculpt ... i think i might be addicted.

'There is no I in Gene'
    There's No I in Gene.jpg

Smile

Hi Herman, looks like you got bitten by the Z-Bug too... . The 2.5d tests are looking great! You should definitely take those images into PaintStop and experiment with an overpaint! ! Looking forward to your next !