ZBrushCentral

Captain Cartesian posts sketches online!!!

Today, in an unprecedented act of bravado the little known Captain Cartesian posted a sketch on the elite online forum ZBrushCentral. How exactly Captain Cartesian managed to gain entry into such a select community is unknown, though rumors of possible backroom bribery and fraud are swirling around the internet. First reports indicate a posting of a sad little elephant, though there are indications that he will continue to post further images as they become available. How these attempts at art will be received is still a matter of speculation. ZBrushCentral, a forum known for displaying the works of many genuine masters in the art of 3D sculpture, has no comment at this time.

Texturing is not complete. Please critique…

Very nice piece. Looking forward to the finished version.

I liked the texture. Just remember to increase the displacement amount in Maya or 3ds max

Quick sketch using Z4…

[[ATT=]skeleton_freak_small.jpg[/ATT]](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27%27,%27skeleton_freak_small.jpg%27,1,0%29)[](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27%27,%27skeleton_freak_small.jpg%27,1,0%29)

Attachments

skeleton_freak_small.jpg

Here’s the image…

skeleton_freak_small.jpg

More progress…

Cadaver_Small.jpg

I’m thinking of making him into a Sith Lord. Terribly disfigured from battle… I need to create some “prosthetics” to fill in his missing parts.

—Captain Cartesian

He looks weird in a interesting way. Lets see what u will make out of him . :+1:

beautiful sculpting! love to see where ya go with it.

Cool stuff man:+1:

Having fun with the Slash 3 brush…

Jabba WIP.jpg

Attachments

render_3.7.11.jpg

Tell Captain Cartesian that Jaba and the Jawless Wonder are excellent! :slight_smile:

Thought I would start on Jabba’s creepy minion, Mr. Bib Fortuna. Hard to find good reference on this guy. This is still pretty rough. Salacious Crumb will be next I guess…

bibfortuna.jpg

really nice weight to jaba

A few more sketches…
Gorilla2.jpgGorilla3.jpgMonster Feet.jpg

that is a very good start and… huh ? why 7 fingers ? :o

The last image was a happy accident. I duplicated the gorilla foot and then mirrored it. But the mirror laid directly over the original. It looked so cool with all those extra toes and the matching thumbs sticking out of both sides. I cut one of the thumbs off and played around with textures. It has inspired me to try some insert effects to find new forms.

oh ! now i see why you did showed it, it’s an interesting trick you did there, i think i will try that trick next time ^^

Just bought Gottfried Bammes book “Complete Guide to Life Drawing” - it has officially taken its place as my current “favorite” anatomy guide. I have been sketching a lot on paper and finally took a stab at some quick ZBrush sketches. These were this evening’s attempts. (3 hours of work).

Thanks to Ryan Kingslien for the great workflow using Insert Sphere and Move Brush to Dynamesh each major muscle group. Allows you to move fast while keeping good control of form and structure.

Torso.jpg