Member Follow User Gallery

Default Michael Janzen's Modelbook!

Here is a model I have been working on. Playing around with color and shape. Tried out polypainting, very fun stuff. Feel free to critique and comment! Thanks!

thumbnail01.jpg

shark01.jpg

shark01.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

really fun looking guy

Here is another model I put together. I find it a little challenging to model with flat planes, and so I wanted to play around with that style, maintaining proper proportions in some areas and exaggerating other areas.

thumbnail02.jpg

centaur01.jpg

centaur02.jpg

centaur03.jpg

centaur04.jpg

My renders seem a little grainy, I'm still a little new to doing quick renders in Zbrush, so if anyone has some sound advice on how to bump up the quality for Zbrush renders or can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Default Turntables

Here are the turntables for these models, I find it much better to analyze and critique when see the entire model.

Sharkasaurus

Centaur

I really like your style very original character designs. Look forward to more! All i know about rendering in zbrush is playing around with the setting in the render tab up top put it on best quality and play around. If you find anything better please let me know.
    Last edited by sebastianf; 08-16-09 at 09:58 AM.

Default Female WIP (nudity)

Here is a female model I am working on! I'm looking for any solid critiques on the anatomy. Having a bit of difficulty with the scapula, and how they would be angled in this position. Please check out the turntable for a look around to see what works and what does not.

I plan on modeling some clothes, costumes, or armor for this sculpture - but I wanted to check my anatomy first. Any help would be great, thanks!

Female_WIP03.jpg

Female_WIP01.jpg

Female_WIP02.jpg

Before you decide to pose your and break the symmetry, your anatomy should be fully ironed out. At least proportionally to the point where you can sculpt the muscles according to the pose the figure is in. Its going to be to difficult and too much work to fix at this point I think. Go back to the T pose and work from reference there. Use real life reference for as long as you need it in areas and with time and experience you won't have to revert to it as often. I really like your centaur type creature, thats got some great potential. Keep on brushin' man!

Good call Benj! Here's a symmetrical view of the model, any anatomical critiques would be amazing! Thanks!

thumbnail03.jpg
    CharacterStrip01.jpg

Hey Michael looking much better i think all the proportions and basic shape are all there. Are you working off any specific reference?
    A few things i would suggest.

Shoulders could maybe be a tad smaller
    The hands are quite big for a woman chunky and in size (look almost the length of her forearm at the moment).
    More attention to details with the feet and knees. Maybe make the back of the thigh a little more curved.
    I think the ribs look a bit odd especially from front view and could maybe stretch down a bit further with a bigger curve.

Il try and draw you up what i mean when i get a chance its just late here

I wouldnt mind seeing a back view it look like her upper back could do with more weight and get more of that "S" shape. I really like your Sharkasaurus character. Good Luck!!
    A little shameless self promotion!!
    ZBRUSH CENTRAL SKETCHBOOK
    SHOWREEL

Thanks sebastian, for the comments All of your tips I agree with - some changes here and there to come.

Here's a creature I created. Just playing around with texture and facial
    features.

thumbnail05.jpg