New Member Follow User Gallery

loving the game!! and love your work! you guys are awsome, pulling out a game like OMD

I just bought the game, and bought the game for my girlfriend because of that thread, and it's totally awesome, I fell in love with the graphics, and the game is actually a lot of fun! Your work is stunning, super clean, it's really my favourite style so far .

I'd love to see the website of the guy who worked on the environment also (wall bricks, floors etc) cuz it's also super inspiring in game, everything feel part of the same world. Thanks for sharing this!!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Phenomenal work Chris!

Would love to see a tutorial on how you take your models from ZBrush to your 3d app and back. I perused this entire thread, and it appears you're using 3DS? The most recent batch of renders, are these all being done back in ZBrush? Also, are these the actual game model resolution, or for cinematics?

-Steve
    --

Steve Talkowski | Sketchbot Studios
    design. create. animate.
    sketchbot.tv
    @stevetalkowski

Awesome work man!!
    Could you answer me a question? What is the avarage polycount of the characters? For Example the orcs or the main character?

Default Thanks everyone!

Top Row? Wow, thanks everyone for all the love and thanks to those who went and bought the game after seeing this thread!! So glad you guys dig it and if you haven't played the game, it's really a lot of fun!

O/MI - Thanks so much!

KC-Productions - Thanks Kenny! Glad you liked it man!

Funky Bunnies - Thanks Chris!

Jason jbot Basse - Thanks Jason!

Storm - Thanks Frederik!

Crazy Horse - thanks a lot!

prophet74 - Thanks so much!

cascardi - Thank you!

kaisasose - Thanks Francis!

nitrox721 - thanks a lot!

SolidSnakexxx - thanks Yong!

Santis - Thanks Santis!

Jacal - thanks Jacal!

stefanobernardi - Thanks Stefano! Yes it was a lot of work. It depended on the complexity but some characters took a week from start to finish. The orcs took 3 weeks because of all the parts needed to make the variations and the main character took a month to get right.

monstermaker - Thanks Rick! I've been loving the stuff you're doing with fibermesh. INSANE!!! I GOT to start using that

nicko mcnicko - thanks!!

davidness - Thanks glad you like the game!

tomfogo - thank you!!

Panastation - Thanks so much!

digital_3d - Cool thank you and I hope you enjoy the game!

Shotgun Scream - Thanks! I hope it was the zipper on your jacket?

danko75 - Thank you!

Chimz - Thanks so much! I spent less than a year on the project so I guess I spent age?

mutte696 - Thanks Maarten!!!

tyrellcorp - Thanks! Yeah I made all of this in less than a year

popgun - Thanks!

bokaja - thanks so much!

jrgauthier - Thank you Jean! I believe you can see some here: http://chazamation.com/

gonso - Thank you Alfonso!

FabioPaiva - Thanks Fabio! and thanks for buying the game, glad you're enjoying it!

industripop - Thanks!

glen d - thanks so much for the kind words!

acornboy - Thank you Sam! Glad you like

jDSketch - Thank you!

loki_22 - Thanks!

Derek Frenzo - Thanks Derek!

Wetterschneider - Thanks Scott! haha that's great, I haven't heard that one before but I'm glad they have that quality. I'm going to have to visit your sites, as I am very interested in making toys.

nickz - thanks Nick! Glad you dig it!

tsabszy - thanks so much!!

_Orb - haha thanks man I'm so glad you and your girlfriend are playing and enjoying it. It's so funny that you commented on the environment stuff because we were just admiring your thread the other day with all the amazing env stuff. Paul Slusser did most of the work on the OMD environments and you can view his thread here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...Ace-Sketchbook

sketchguy - Thanks Steve! Yes I'm using 3DSmax to render the textured game res models and the ones that are gray are renders in zbrush of the high poly.

Grimngor - Thanks so much! The average polycount size is around 6000 tris. The orcs ranged from 2800 to 5000 tris, depending on how much gear they have on. The main character was a little over 8000 tris I believe

I enjoyed the game more than most anything I've played in the last few years, and I think a lot of that had to do with the feel & artistic style throughout. I know that a lot of factors - from color choices to the animation style - contributed to that visual satisfaction. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how you did it!

I'm addicted to wireframes, so I'd be such a happy camper if you had any to post. But thanks for these, they're reminding me I have some DLC to dive back into. =)

Wonderful work! I love seeing expressiveness in game characters, and these guys have it in spades. Looks like it was a lot of fun to work on!

So awesome

Member Follow User Gallery

Great work: crisp & clean cartoonish style. One pin, if I can: the chignon of the witch, I see, it is a two-halves specularized, so one half enters back into its specular, and with an angulation which further underlines the problem. Perhaps you may solv the "issue" with setting the brush in order that one end enters below the other, like a slant chevron or a tire pattern. Keep the good work.

Great work!!! I loved the characters and the colors! Amazing, and the old guy seems like gandalf in the Zbrush version hahaa.

Member Follow User Gallery

Super awesome work, Chris, thanks for sharing! I always love your stuff. Keep it up!

Talking

Amazing work!

Default Amezing work....

Aamezing work ....keep it up...

Default Wonders All!

So much fun! Gee! You love doing these! It's obvious! Your designs show great simplicity and solid styling! Thanks for sharing!

Great stuff.
    My Personal Website Likesyrup.com

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223 LastLast