Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Damn!!, That print is gonna be the best! Dr. Root looks fantastic in his new base! great greaat job!

I don't like this figure. The colours didn't work in the competition version. In fact I don't like that not one contest entry did feature a more realistic, more natural execution of a superhero. I'm really vexed that all of you followe established canons of superhero art (comic books). But hey, stay one of the many I say, I don't mind

However I like the skill.

cr
    Last edited by cherub_rock; 08-22-09 at 10:56 PM.

Awesome sculpt, look forward to seeing the print!

Very Cool Medusa and love the new pose for Root - wicked stuff

freakin amazing work, all around! I can't wait to see that hulk and wolverine!

Not personally a fan of the text "Dr Root" but the rest is awesome. I am sure it will come out great as a sculpture.

Tobbe
    --
    http://www.tobbeo.net/

Nice man!!!

Really envy you for both your modelling skills and your getting the 3D print.... again!!

It's nice though, as getting a print that's not based on the contest guidelines means you can get it how you want it.

Happy days! Looking forward to seeing it!

EDIT:
    Forgot to add! That Medusa looks amazing!!!
    Last edited by dustbin1_uk; 08-25-09 at 05:40 AM.

Man that Medusa rocks, bad ass
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

Thanks everyone! I sent the files off to Ownage for the Root sculpt. It's going to be about 13" tall including the base. I can't wait.

I've made a bit more progress on Hulk. I added some detail to his face, added some hair and teeth and sculpted his ears. I've also been reworking some of the muscles in his torso but I want to get it to where I'm happy before I show the changes. I'm not sure if I like the wrinkles in his face or not. They seem a bit wonky and not really purposeful. Lots more to do.

I may take a break from this guy and start a new sculpt.

cmofhulkWip03.jpg

The Hulk is looking really NICE!

Your Hulk ROCKS!!!

Hi Chris,

I think your work is incredible! Right now I'm doing an action hero for my degree project. I think I've made a real mess of it... ...When ever I get screwed like this I look at your Dr Root and its gets me inspired to continue trying to make my model. I wanna know how long it took you come up with your concept and did you at any time feel that your model sucked and wanted to give up on it? After looking through your WIP thread it seems as though doubt never came into your mind. What is it that keeps you focused?

_/\_|]_/\_/\/\_

Nice!!! Loving the Hulk!

Thanks, guys! The more I look at the details on hulk's face, the more I want to get rid of them. I think instead of just cutting into the face to add wrinkles, I need to go back and build up some large and medium size folds and then pinch in between them.

SadamHu - Hey man, glad you like Dr. Root! I had the idea for him bouncing around in my head for a week before I started sketching him out. I try to design a character using contrast, separating large main areas with black and light grey and I try to create an interesting silhouette. I will usually spend around 8 to 10 hours on a concept.

During the competition I definitely got frustrated and almost gave up a few times. If I was struggling with a leg muscle for instance, I would move to a part of the character that was easier, like one of the roots on his back or the plates on his body that way I was still moving forward. Then the next day I would come back to the leg and then it was easier to see what I was doing wrong. I try not to commit to anything on a sculpt and keep an open mind to reworking things if necessary. It's best to look at your own work as if it were someone else's that you're critiquing. Even after I finished Dr. Root there were things I hated about him from certain angles and I tried to fix those things recently with the latest pose that I sent to ownage.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Thanks for telling me that, I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast