Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great interview Kevin!

I personally hated the movie. For me it was the worst movie I have ever seen.

But as far as you go, it was great. You did an amazing job with the special-effects and such.

Default wow

its amazing to read about artist that master zbrush. i love the interviw thx for sharing

Default Great interview awesome movie- a few questions though

Thanks for awesome interview. I have a ton of questions, but I'll limit myself to one really long winded one. What was your final polycount on the dr Manhattan model in zbrush and were you able to work on him as a single mesh. I'm building a character using the Dr. M model as a guide for the topology layout, I was blown away by the accordion style fold set up you have in the arm pits, it completely changed the way i build shoulders , heres my mesh
    NatasGEO_low.jpg
    your awesome mesh
    Manhatten.jpg
    I'm planning on chopping up the model into legs, arms, head and chest so as i can devote 3 million to each. I was wondering were you able by having some incredibly awesome computer to work at a round the 10 million poly mark ( my estimation as to what you would need for that level of detail in a single mesh) As well what resolution were your displacement map created at 8k or 12k or did you quadrant your UVs in order to work on multiple maps?? I have a hundred more questions but i'll stop at one, ok three, for now. Thanks a bunch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NatasGEO_low.jpg 
Views:	491 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	154016  
    Last edited by ASW316; 08-21-09 at 02:40 AM.
    Angus Wakefield
    Wakefield Animation
    www.anguswakefield.com

New Member Follow User Gallery

"I'm a bit surprised he was allowed to re-purpose and kitbash models like that. I figured the company he built the lion for would own that asset and it would be taboo to reuse the geometry, even if it was altered in ZBrush"

Companies I have worked for have done this, it all depends on the terms of the contract. Besides I think it may be the Lion may be from "I am Legend" which is a Warner Bros film like Watchmen.

Howdy Kevin.
    Hope London is treating you well.
    Huge congratulations man! Nothing harder than to create a naked muscled man. Went through that struggle on 300.
    You da man! Congrats again on being part of a wonderful film and thanks for taking the time to enlighten us on the process.
    I'm sure it is just as inspiring for others as it was for me.
    Cheers
    Cesar Dacol Jr.
    Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

We are sooo lucky!

Hhey kevin how are you. Having good time there? Its rajbir here
    Rajbir S Dhalla B L O G

Great job, I just saw the film and Dr Manhattan goes beyond standards and expectations.

Watchmen on Blu-Ray was just so over the top, I have no words to express the intensity of that film. I call it a Superhero/Sci-fi/Slasher movie with a bit of "As the World Turns" melded in for laughs and giggles. Dr. Manhattan was by far my favorite in the movie. Gorgeous work on him and the Mars stuff. That was just so stunning.

I'll bet half the men out there watching the film probably felt a little inadequate after seeing the good Dr.'s goodies!!
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12