Senior Member Follow User Gallery

It appears Z-Sketching is going to become an artform in itself.
    -Scott

My first zsketch attempt.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zsketchhead.jpg 
Views:	386 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	157734  

@ Thomascl: i like this one!

Got my email this morning, installed and activated without issue. Actually this was the easiest install for ZBrush yet.

So my first experiment with 3.5. Loaded a 3.1 tool, and you'll see by the screenshot I immediately ran it up to 15 megapolys. Sculpting at this level was as smooth as the lowest level. By comparison 3.1 would do about 3MP on this machine smoothly and get bogged down around 6. I then ramped it up to 240 megapolys using HD and sculpted the eyebrows. It was much much slower but I could work with it. 60MP was fine.

The ghosted bit is the new transparancy being applied to a subtool as seen in the ZSphere2 video. Thats cool, I didn't realize subtools would act that way as well.

BTW, I'm typing this message with ZB minimized and it dropped the memory usage to 11MB. Memory usage with this tool was 1.2GB. Man oh man. Aces so far Pixologic!

20090912.1.jpg

Default first go with zsketch..and Im in love

Ive been having soo much fun, this was a extremely good update.
    1st-sketch.jpg

Oh man....Zbrush 3.5 is a game breaker super combo. Imagine what is gonna be possible when we actually figure out how to use the planar brushes and zspheres correctly.

I zoned out using the new tools and when I woke up I had this baby 100% zbrush...

ship.jpg
    Last edited by nicholasmarks; 09-12-09 at 05:10 PM.
    Game Gen - CEO
    www.gamegen.com

ZBrush Team Follow User Gallery

Default Zsketching as art

Quote Originally Posted by Bingo_Jackson
    It appears Z-Sketching is going to become an artform in itself.
    So true! Even though the new ZSpheres are a fantastic tool for creating charters that can go quickly from concept to final render they are also an art form in them selves.

ZBrush Team Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Thomaskl
    Hey - This repetitive Zspeher-Sketching Style is so amazing. Can`t enough looking at those ripple-shapes.,can`t get the word..

Well, here is another quick one:

Char_02.jpg
    Thomas, great job! Looking very nice, keep up the great work.

Got my email this morning! Just playing around with the Sketch materials, they can work just as well on skinned models as they do on Zsphere2 models.

Instant Black & White Graphic novel character!

zbrushsketch1.jpg

First things first, new zspheres are very cool and are a pleasure to work with i can see myself creating a lot of my base meshes using this method, Also loving the new planar brushes.

A few gripes already though, finding when I was colorizing it crashed about 6 times may have been down to the number of zsketches (are we really supposed to call them that?) I had 13500 but there wasn’t any slow down so maybe a bug will have to see if anyone else gets it. After colorizing and then converting the unified skin (at 600 resolution system didn’t like going much higher) I found a few of the finer details had smeared and the base of the fingers had fused, there may be a way around this but if so I have not found it yet. The colouring isn’t an issue it’s the mesh fusing which i can see being a pain.

I don’t want to moan about choice especially from a free upgrade but perhaps there are a few too many ztools now, this should be an easy fix though. What would be nice to see is if there is a separate option for pattern tools such as the stitch and tracks ect as they are never going to get anywhere near the use of the other tools.

It crashed a few times when doing other standard things after converting to polymesh so I think there may be some stability issues that at least for me were not there in the previous version.

Last thing and its pretty minor after converting to an editable mesh I find that you cannot always smooth well between the zsketches you get a slight bobble (after enabling polyframe you can see why), recommend if you do intend to switch out a polymesh to use larger and fewer sketches.

All said and done though Pixologic have really out done themselves and should be congratulated.

polymeshhigh.jpg

zsketchandcolour.jpg
    Last edited by kendo; 09-12-09 at 04:34 PM.

Very nice Thomas

I tried something different with zspheresII and the outline material .. the glow was added in photoshop.

zdesign.jpg

OMG!!!!!!!!!! Grugi that looks FANTASTIC! like a psychedelic poster or something like that

Nice works here guys!

Thomas, I especially love your one, I think you should really push that one, love the pose, and it's very artistic! Like you guys said, ZSketch is indeed awesome and will spawn a new art-style of its own.
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

OK, I'm a bit of a noob, and by no means an artist, but thought I would show my first dabbles in Zpheres2. 1st one is just me trying to follow the video in classroom, second one I just wanted to try the different sketch briushes.

Loving 3.5 so far. Tried a little retopology on an old mesh I had, and it seems quicker and more stable. Well done Pixologic - thanks. Fannying.jpg
    Fannying2.jpg

zsphereAlienInsectCreature.jpg

had to do it

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast