ZBrushCentral

Post 3.5 images here to celebrate release day...YouTube welcome!

And to let those of us who have no cleverbridge email yet in on the fun!

Good idea !

It’s ok to post youtube videos in this thread!

I guess ill be the first to post an image here. Nothing special just learning how these newfangled zpheres work.

also played with the noise curve on the ground.

when i make a plane and then apply noise to that plane i cant deform the outer edges of that plane without creating a seam line. not that its a big deal just something i noted

[zspheretest2.jpg]

Sweet, could you post some tips or mini tut somewhere?

Really awesome idea))) I would really like to see some real human sketches))) :smiley:

Nice work Evan Gaugh!

I too agree with ahtiandr, wud like to see human sketches using ZSpheres 2 annd how those turn out! ZSpheres 2 look really amazing for concept and modeling and creatures / volumes / forms etc, but for human heads and faces… well let’s say I’m curious

@jaystein777

check out the ZSpheres ZClassroom videos, they’re like tuts on their own and will explain all the main things u need to know.

http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/homeroom/

Thanks, I guess I’m too excited and haven’t had enough caffeine to think clearly. :+1:

I already love ZSpheresII!

[Faunhead.jpg]

Seriously, for some purposes (like building maquettes for illustration) it might not even be necessary to convert the ZSpheres into a poly surface at all. :slight_smile:

I too am “curious” to know not only how these will look with human figures but more on how well the forms hold from zspheres to an actual mesh. I have not seen any adaptive skins yet from the new z spheres and I am hoping that they translate well.

The forms hold up as well as you want with the slider options.

The mesh it self isn’t really what I would want for a final, a lot of poles show up. I’d do what I can with the Zsketch. Convert it to skin, sculpt on that a bit and retopologize for a nice topology.

The sketch spheres are very helpful though, a great improvement no doubt.

[edit]
Adaptive skin topology comes out much cleaner.

A copule of doodle (pretty addicted…)

[001.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘157570’,‘002.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

002.jpg

omg, the models look soo cool, like the fact there are faces made.

I can’t wait to get 3.5

These are cool and all but how do you convert them to workable/usable meshes?
or do they always look like balloon animals? :smiley:

unified skin … will make a mesh out of it …

and then you can start sculpting on that mesh … you keep it as a baloon or whatever you like :wink: .

Yes, that’s my question as well. How can you make them look less like insects, or “balloon animals” once you have the basic shape you want to start with. Can you get rid of all the ridges between the zspheres that make up the muscle groups?

the best way to do it is just smoothing those sphere . you have different brush for smoothing … you can smooth the surfaces or the cavity … try both and if you dont get what you like … you can unified skin with a lower level of detail … so that will help you on the smooth but you will loose detail as well .

so smooth and sculpt is the way .

Maybe there is a quick way to average the forms, so it keeps what you are going for, but smooths the individual spheres.

Like if you convert to skin and go over it with smooth, only it would do this automatically with some kind of logic like optimize.

(…How can you make them look less like insects, or “balloon animals”…)
Clay tool works pretty well too , they react better than before in most situation and they didn’t care too much abou 5-3 poly points.

An hour test, final mesh around 180k

[003.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘157579’,‘004.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

004.jpg

lucky you !!! I can’t wait to have my 3.5 to play :wink: I was just wondering how does the wire frame looks for that mesh. can you post a snapshot? thanks, keep it up