Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Nice pic .......I just acquired a pug which is half frenchie (frenchbulldog).Believe me they are very lovable and well suited for apt. life.

in my eremit cave somewhere in the deep woods of krautland

well, i guess i still fear for my shoes nevertheless
    btw afaik pugs (or their ancestors?) were first bred to live in the chinese emperors sleeve and trained to lunge forward to bite the living hell out of anyone foolish enough to dare getting too close... freaky beasts

-------------

since wash happens to become ill from time to time as we have seen before, washyla went to nursing school and brought a mighty and probably very healthy syringe back with her.

krankenschwesterWashyla.jpg

bahahahahaha these are so odd! It seems like they're ceramic things you would stick in a plant just for fun.
    ITS is a possessive pronoun its color, its shape, its size
    IT'S is a contraction of the words IT and IS It's nice = it is nice, It's fun = it is fun

YOUR is a possessive pronoun Your face, your car, your thoughts
    YOU'RE is a contraction of the words YOU and ARE you're wrong = you are wrong, you're nice = you are nice

Usually when you type IT'S, you really mean ITS
    and when you type YOUR, you really mean YOU'RE.

been trying to create a female head now, what is your critical opinion on it?
    been struggeling with good proportions for a sweet lad abit.
    the ears are still in developement and i didnt bother adding pores, wrinkles and stuff so far.
    any ideas, tipps and critique welcome

face5.jpg

since my anatomical knowledge of the human form seemed rather lacking i decided to stare at reference pics for hours on end and juggeling through the occasional titty pics which somehow end up in searches all the time (one just has to love google for that )

i decided to try some speedsculpts today, each took about 1h and all derive from the basic babe bust i made
    these are not supposed to be perfect or final, i merely try to find and understand the human head atm, and have some fun of course while doing so

any tips regarding them is of course more than welcome, i still have some trouble understanding all the proportions which would be important to make a bust believable

Base Babe:
    basehead.jpg

Afro Dude:
    headoldafro.jpg

Samurai:
    headoldsamurai.jpg

i went on and made a new samurai dude, also tried myself at a few wrinkles, pores and so on:

headSamurai2.jpg

headSamurai.jpg
    Last edited by jaysus; 10-28-09 at 10:22 PM.

looks like ur on the right track. just keep staring at those reference images. i would also suggest studying muscle and bone structure to really understand how the contours of the face really flow. you are improving though...keep going!

made a minime a few days ago
    its still not perfect though,
    im trying myself on wrinkles with Damian standard brush and a slight smooth over them afterwards atm, if anyone knows a better way please tell me

headME2.jpg

since im working on some underwater stuff for a game engine atm i thought i post a quick wip render from 3dmax:

test3.jpg

yellow finger tree one:
    750polies and 1.5h worktime

red finger one:
    550 polies and 2h worktime

brain one:
    250 polies and 1h worktime

all were modelled and sculpted in zbrush, the finger ones from zspheres and the brain one from a standard sphere

i pelt-mapped them in 3dmax and created the normal, cavity, AO and displacement maps in zbrush, afterwards i composited the diffuse map in photoshop

for the surface structure i used 3 different alien skins from the download section here

by now i created a few more corals and was also able to reduce their poly-count by roughly 50% using 3dmaxes "multi-res" modifier without loosing too much detail, this modifier keeps the uvs intakt and thus doesnt destroy textures like the "optimize" modifier would, thankfully its also a much quicker way than welding vertices by hand and an "edit-poly" modifier

polycounts:
    red one: 310 polies
    yellow one: 404 polies
    brain one: 122 polies
    purple one: 406 polies
    plate one: 164 polies
    sucker stone one: 198 polies

texture size is equally 512x512 px

btw, in zbrush 3.5 you can set the brush to only draw on faces which you can see and thus avoid negativ sculpting on backfaces by activating Brush->AutoMasking->BackfaceMask
    i find this is a really great lil tool for thin objects like blades or corals for example in this case

test4b.jpg

very aquatic feel nice image
    " crits n comments always welcome ! "

" im not half as dumb as i think you look !! "

i made something completely different this time, a lighter!

time:4-5h +1.5h material shuffeling

7.jpg

rendered in mental ray with max 2010's ProMaterials, 1 skylight, 1 front omni (white) with mental ray shadow map (raytraced produces errors on my gfx card... well i assume its my gfx card) and 2 side omnis without shadow in blue and orange (cold/warm contrast)

i changed the lightning setup to photometric lights with one skylight, activated "round corners" on all ProMaterials and made minor adjustments to the materials, i think it gets better
    i also added an environment map (simple bitmap) of stanstead airport, still have to learn about HDRI map creation

photometric lights + promat render + 1patina wheel 1 + perspective + blue fixed LOWQUALI.jpg

this time i made a bunch of swords for the game Oblivion by bethesda softworks,
    modelled and mapped in 3dmax, sculpted and polypainted in zbrush, rendered in 3dmax:

1sm.jpg

I missed this thread. I really like all these. These creatures are lovely. I also like this bronze texture, swards are great too.
    Try to study 'ears' its critical. Some 'topo' difficulty there.
    Its badly rated though, it seems that anatomy knowledge is the key in this forum. Soon we'll understand that this magic key, out of the magic castle, its just a piece of metal.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234511 ... LastLast