ZBrushCentral

Tezzy's Stuff

Hey guys,

Finally decided start a thread. Haven't had much time to do personal works. Hopefully I can update it regularly.

I started to play with 3.5 new features and loving the noise feature. Been playing with the ZspheresII yesterday, just started to get into it. Here’s a model about 2 to 3 hours…the Zsketch is quite tricky :lol:

Rough as guts and anatomy isn't too great. It's a model of Guyver I from the anime/manga Guyver: Bioboosted armour(ironic though since he doesn't have armour yet)....did it from memory and wanted the proportions to be more real so it might actually look quite different lol. Any C&C welcome!

[Zsketch_guyver.jpg]

Thanks for looking

looks good tezzy, the zsketch at the base of the neck should be smoothed out maybe? also, this guy reminds me of boo from dragon ball z.
Really good sketch!

Wow…that’s one cool base for Guyver! Can’t wit to see the fleshed out version!

first time comment on a thread, you gonna give him those spikes on his elbows??? anywho looks good

@Hexidecimator - thanks man, the lump on his clavicle is was meant to be part of the guyver design. But yea it looks odd if you haven’t seen it before haha. yea I was thinking would people think he is Buu from DBZ :lol:

here’s wiki link…limited images though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bio_Booster_Armor_Guyver

@Solidsnakexxx - Hey, thanks man…Hope I can do it justice. It’s one of those things where a translation from 2d to 3d can go very wrong, especially anime.

@artwork77 - Welcome, thanks for commenting in my thread first haha. I put place holder zsphere’s for the vibration blades right after I posted actually haha.

Here’s an update, quite minor really…still needs alot of refining I suppose. Mainly proportion and changed the face up a bit. So he actually resembles Guyver 0 instead of Guyver I. I might have a go at tweaking the design a bit just because I get a feeling that the 2d design won’t translate very well into 3d.

[zsketch_guyver_02.jpg]

Thanks!

the best part of the movie is the armor! I love how when it activates, the plates stretch out on veiny like string, then snap into place on the body!

Nice job on the Z sphere reproduction. Takes getting used to, to use it properly.

Thanks Gridlost, yea the transformation is pretty cool. I like it when they use their megasmasher haha…vaporising the enemies :D.

Update with some of the armour blocked out to give the proper Guyver silhouette. I think the sketch matcaps in 3.5 are pretty cool, really like the outline one for showing the main forms.

[Zsketch_guyver_02.jpg]Zsketch_Guyver_Diff_Views.jpg

I really don’t know if I should keep Zsketching or should I move onto sculpting. lol Zspheres II is so much fun

Thanks for looking!

Very very nice update…the last post really show great proportion for Guyver! Rock on!

that looks pretty sweet…from the thumbnail, i thought it was a full blown sculpt! excellent start to the sb :+1:

@SolidSnakexxx - Thanks man, having the armour on does show the unique proportions of the guyver better

@jjoseph05 - Cheers mate, yea zsketching is really great for getting the form down quickly.

Will be updating some stuff on the guyver after the weekend. Here’s a doodle from a few weeks ago of a dino like creature, it was actually the first thing I made with 3.5. It started off with a sphere(the start up one haha) for the head…I later added the body with zspheres just to see what it would look like(also to test the zsphere skinning)…it has a split tail which I don’t think is working. I have been looking at croc skin as a reference to use on this guy, but I guess i should retopo it first. But if you guys have any suggestion for this fellow then feel free to go right ahead :smiley:

[Dino_Creature_Full_Body.jpg]Dino_Creature_Head.jpg

Cheers!

Tezzy: Ahh gotta luv anime/manga, your guyver is turning out super. I like the updates your showing of the zsketch, the refining and smoothing your doing is really helping him look more polished along with the new armor pieces. Yeah the matcaps are pretty sweet. I think your first 3.5 critter there looks dang cool, would enjoy seeing him finished up when you get the chance. Especially since right at the moment he appears he might visicously gum me to death :laughing:. Keep em coming, will be watching for more. :+1:

Hey guys,

Long time no post! Been busy at work with no projects that needed zbrush (Which is sad!!)

But I figured I need to get back on to using zbrush. So I just did this sculpt of a fist…took about an hour. Starting life as a zsphere. Main focus was form and shape. I kept it loose and quite rough…which is fun…like using clay I guess haha.

[

](javascript:zb_insimg(‘202665’,‘HandSculpt.jpg’,1,0))

And I should get back to the dino creature and the guyver, hopefully when I am a bit free

Thanks for looking!

Nice hand. Tried to increase my handsculpting skill today me too, I ended up getting angry because I couldnt get it to “work”, and i’m still working on a “solution” :cry:

The Guyver character with the armor - Just wow… 4 stars well earned!

The hand made me want to give ya 5 though - I love the roughness of it, the clay-ish shape feels natural :slight_smile:

@VictorCS - Thanks…I get that sometimes haha. The can be hand a very complicated. The shapes, forms and details it creates is quite amazing. That’s why I focused more on the shapes on this sculpt.

@AngelHoof - Thanks for the compliment. Will update the guyver soon…I hope. See where I can take it :smiley:

I reworked the skin detail on the dino creature to see if I liked it and decided to go for a more croc-like skin instead of the scaly look. Proportions and shapes will probably change. Nothing is really set in stone I guess haha

[Creature_Update.jpg]

Thanks for looking!

the guyver turned out awesome, great choice. :+1:

@AA-ron - Thanks man, will get back onto him when I get more free time

Nice job :slight_smile: To the first creature - me seems his down parts of his leg too wide.
Nice hand study :slight_smile:

Wow, it’s been such a long time since I had any time to really post some work, can’t believe it has been this long. It’s a bit embarrassing actually.

Anyway, here is an update to the guyver sculpt, I am hoping to finish it up soon…needs a whole lot of refining and rebuilding of each piece once finished. And here is an commercial I worked on for Tip Top’s new product launch, the ‘Tongue Twista’. I modeled/sculpted, textured, set up shaders, lit and rendered the lizard. Rigging and animation was done by a fellow work mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28eGjY-OOzE - uploaded by Tip Top themselves

Will post up some screen grabs if anyone is interested.

Any crits welcomed!

Attachments

guyverPost.jpg

Awesome man!, that looks sick! big fan of the Guyver Series… can’t wait to see it finished. :slight_smile: