Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Santis THANKS MAN Who wins in a dream, when all of the characters in the dream are reflections of your own inner self..

Worked more on this piece...Color and lighting

HORSELION BATTLE 23.jpg

HORSELION BATTLE 22.jpg

HORSELION BATTLE 21.jpg

HORSELION BATTLE 20.jpg

HORSELION BATTLE 19.jpg
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 04-16-10 at 08:58 AM.

More work done on this piece..lighting and color.
    Caravaggio style..

SKULL WOMAN LION 28.jpg

SKULL WOMAN LION 27.jpg
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 04-17-10 at 02:29 AM.

Going to take this quick sketch piece further using Z Brush.

126036_1105894660 1.jpg

126036_1105894660_submedium.jpg

Default Nice...

Spirit Dreamer.

Your composition and color choices compel me to click on your thumbnails.
    I really enjoy your artwork. Particularly the last image. Perhaps my timing will counter some of what may sound heavy handed in the world of type.

But I must tell you, that I resent your constant postings to the bottom row.

Often times, one or two a day, Zcanvases with the same ztool placed on
    the stage with a different material or lighting and a photoshop filter or
    two.

When you do this...

You push aside newcomers that could be welcomed into the fold.

You shove aside pieces where a person may have worked
    weeks or more, pieces that carry along with them, discoveries and
    knowledge that can be shared with the community.

I support you and your muse, your creativity and passion for digital art.
    I applaud your prolific pursual of pixols. ZBcentral and art in general would definitely be worse off withouth you.

But be courteous.

I know you would tell me that this is "your sketchbook".
    But updating your own sketchbook for those that subscribe to you is one
    thing, Locking down the bottom row at zbrush central is another.

Get a blog.

Regarding Digital Art.

"So let me get this straight. I no longer need to watch paint dry, no more toxic chemicals or ruined clothing by a rogue globule of Alizarin Crimson? No longer will be punished for experimentation by ruining my work? I can take forms and colors and patterns and rearrange them at will upon my canvas. Easily upload and have my work seen by a vast global audience? BASICALLY, I can take what ever I can imagine and make it manifest?"

"Yes, but you'll be shunned by the "Artistic World"

"Cool, Where do I sign?"

MY LAZY EYE

User Gallery
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/zb_...mbs.php?u=3053

Prosthesis...THANKS for looking and for your opinions.
    I do get impatient at times, guilty as charged,.. just my nature..and i'm far from the only one guilty of that crime in this forum.
    Now I do hope that you go about setting all of the other people in this forum straight as to how many times, and as to what they may post regarding the progression in and of their works in this forum, as you have done to me ...Should keep you busy for quite some time I would think.. Being an everyday poster and posting the progression of my works, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, which doesn't mean that what is trivial to you may be trivial to someone else, is what I do, I don't think it is breaking any rules, and in fact, I have gotten alot of private e mails from people in this forum telling me that they really look forward to seeing what i'm posting on a daily basis...I hope you don't find what I say offensive, not my intent at all..It's just a fact.
    CHEERS

New Works

Hello everyone... This is my first time posting anything in Z Brush Central.

I've been wanting to for some time now, but have not been able to muster up the courage to do it...Not sure if my work would fit into what is happening in here I guess.
    I am mainly a 2d person, but can clearly see the benifits of Z Brush and it's capabilities to enhance my work and thoughts in the creation of paintings,posters, 2d prints ect...So what I have been striving for in my works,..is a combination of Z Brush and Painter techniques where one program blends into the other to create a unified piece of work.
    Below are some of my latest attemps at this endeavor.
    Hope you enjoy
    Any contructive suggestions and crits will always be much appreceated and welcomed...I'm here to learn.
    Glenn

I just thought that I should state once again what my intent is with regards as to what this sketchbook that i've created in this forum is, and is about.
    I have about ten to fifteen pieces that i've created and posted in this sketchbook which i'm working on to achieve this goal that is stated above.
    It may seem that my post are repititious to some in this forum, with only minor changes, but if looked at more closely, those changes are not very minor at all, and lend themselves to the final outcome and goal of my sketchbook...which is stated above, and at the very beginning of this sketchbook.
    I do not have or use photoshop in my works..I use the lighting system in Corel Painter #10 in conjuntion with the lighting and render system in Z Brush...Some may call the lighting system in the painter program a mere filter, but that is not the case, anymore than it is the case with the lighting systems in the other programs such as V RAY ect. that people use in this forum to further enhance their works..Calling any lighting system, just a filter, is a real putdown to it's creators, and also to it's users., and shows a total lack of respect to both.
    Anyway, I just hope that this clears up any misunderstandings as to my intent in this forum and in my sketchbook.
    CHEERS

Quick emotion study sketch

CONJOINED OPPOSITES 5.jpg

CONJOINED OPPOSITES 4.jpg
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 04-18-10 at 10:25 AM.

More work done on this piece.

VAMPIRERENDER 15.jpg

VAMPIRERENDER 13.jpg

VAMPIRERENDER 14.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDreamer
    Being an everyday poster and posting the progression of my works, no matter how trivial they may seem to you, which doesn't mean that what is trivial to you may be trivial to someone else, is what I do, I don't think it is breaking any rules,
    CHEERS
    not helping an old lady across the street is also not breaking any rules.
    but is it good behavior?
    simply not breaking rules is only the lowest common denominator.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDreamer
    and in fact, I have gotten alot of private e mails from people in this forum telling me that they really look forward to seeing what i'm posting on a daily basis...I hope you don't find what I say offensive, not my intent at all..It's just a fact.
    that's wonderful, an does actually support what Prosthesis said. Those loving to follow your updates who even make the effort of sending private mails to you have most likely subscribed your thread and will anyway always be notified about updates.

Very funny..Perhaps you should read the rules, or become a moderator, or better yet, stick to your own sketchbook and ideas about how to use it, instead of filling up mine with your ideas about what is right and what is wrong, or maybe you just don't have anything better to do...like create something maybe..and maybe even post it when your done..
    CHEERS
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 04-19-10 at 09:57 AM.

SpiritDreamer, I hope you can forgive my brutally honest critique. At first, I wasn't going to say anything. But, after looking at some of your other images, I can see you've actually put some work into them. However, this last one looks like you only spent about 5 minutes on it.
    It looks so rushed. There is so much distortion and stretching going on in the face, and ears. I think you tried to add details before you actually had a good overall shape to start with. No real anatomy in the body at all. Honestly, It looks like you tried to make a bat out of melted ice cream. This is hands down your worst piece of work. I know you can do better than that. I would totally rework the whole thing. I hope that is more helpful than hurtful. Anyway, that's my two cents.
    Last edited by Derek Frenzo; 04-19-10 at 01:09 PM.

Derek...No problem..I like honesty, and appreceate it.
    I am using this little character just to experiment with, using those great skin textures that I never tried out before.It was unplanned to start with, but I liked the idea of trying to make a little disease ridden and carrier of disease type of symbolic character, so I just went with it...I looked at a bunch of bat references, and tried to combine their type of anatomy with a little human anatomy..A deformed by it's own disease type of character..
    In any case, it is deffinitly not rushed,..i've spent probably about 20 hours on it, and have learned alot of new things concerning Z Brush, those skin textures, lighting, ect., and am experimenting with combining materials in different ways than I have done before...It's still wip and a fun experiment done for the pure pleasure of trying out new things for me, making mistakes so I can lean new things from them, and basically just capturing a thought and exploring it..If it comes out ok in the end, that's ok, and if it doesn't, well that's ok too, because I have learned from it along the way, and that is what sketchbooks are for after all, and like i've been saying all along, this is a sketchbook, to further develope my technique, experiment in, and explore Z Brush further..It's deffenitly not a portfolio full of finished works, it's just a work in progress.
    I'm not here to score points with anyone, or to win a popularity contest..I'm just here to learn what I can about Z Brush along the way from studying some of the great works I see in here, and contributing what I can in the way of painting and anatomy knowlage, composition, and whatever other knowlage i've gained along the way with others that are light in those areas..
    THANKS AGAIN Derek..Like I said, honesty is much appreceated and is always welcomed by me.
    TAKE CARE
    Glenn
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 04-19-10 at 04:30 PM.

HEY CHEW..Welcome back...ALWAYS A PLEASURE hearing from you. ..I see you still haven't posted any examples of what must be spectacular works of yours yet, what are you waiting for...Don't be scared, there are only a few people in this forum like you, and luckily they are just a small minority of an otherwise very talented,and mature, group of artist that enjoy what they do, and want to learn.
    By the way, I love crayons, Conte Crayons in particular...I learned how to use them properly at the OTIS PARSONS ART INSTITUTE in L.A. from a great master of them ....BURNE HOGARTH...
    CHEERS

New Member Follow User Gallery

I envy you SpiritDreamer. Having the opportunity to learn from Burne hogarth, it must be once in a lifetime opportunity. I have almost all of his books and his talent is something out of this world.

Burne Hogarth was a pretty influential artist and teacher, and the art center college of design was one of the best art school in the world..

what Spiritdreamer wasn't clear about was that he learned his 2d stuffs from that instructor and college, and fail to know that has almost nothing to do with his 3d skills.

Spiritdreamer is actually a pretty decent 2d artist... he just failed to translate those skills from 2d to 3d espeically when it comes to zbrush...but please don't mix these with Burne Hogarth.. He was pretty famous in the art world when he was still alive..

try to think of people such as Michael Bay or Ralph McQuarrie when you think of the Art center, instead of this guy
    Last edited by Piggy; 04-19-10 at 10:41 PM.