Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Happy and creative new year SpiritDreamer. Keep this inspired work.

HEY...THANKS Michalis. ..HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALSO,..and KEEP INSPIRED AND INSPIRING.. What goes around comes around..

Had someone ask me what the dragon was looking at this morning...
    The first thing that popped into my line of vision and thought was..whatever it was,it had to be something more magical than himself...and the only thing more magical than a dragon, is...an EARTHRISE..
    Enjoy the NEW day,...and HAPPY NEW YEAR ...EVERYONE...

SKULL ABTRACT 10.jpg

SKULL ABTRACT 9.jpg

Started blocking in the neck muscles and the face of this self portrait PEACE or PERISH piece that i'm working on...Still a lot to work on yet, but it's getting there, slowly but surely..Using the clay tubes brush in Z Brush for the block in sculpting.
    Z Brush
    Crits,suggestions,opinions welcomed, and would be great.

PEACE OR PERISH 13.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 12.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 11.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 10.jpg

Those feet look very large,keep going..!HNY!cal

Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome work,Glenn keep going

THANKS Cal...Yep.. that perspective setting in Z Brush gives the fish bowl/eye lens effect to figures..not sure if I like the distortion it creates in the figures ...so for now, i'll just KEEP ON TRUCKIN with it..

HEY Amruth...THANKS MAN..Great to hear from you. .how's that INDIA myth action scene of yours coming along...it looked great the last time I saw it..INSPIRING.

MY self portrait as a dragon spirit that I did a couple of months ago..I want to play with it a little further, so I thought I better put it in here so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.
    The other two are just some fun experimenting with the new ZSPHERE Sketching technique in Z Brush...I love the XRAY effect it creates..good for doing action/motion sequences in the figures..lots of possabilities..
    Z Brush/Painter #10 Combo.
    Crits,sugesstions,opinions welcomed and would be great

SELF PORTRAIT DRAGON 50.jpg

SELF PORTRAIT DRAGON 49.jpg

ZSKETCH 3 FIGURES.ZBR 2.jpg

Z RUNNING SEQUENCE 3.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z RUNNING SEQUENCE 3.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	173656  
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 01-02-10 at 08:00 AM.

Z Brush sketch study..Self Portrait

MAN_WITH_WHISKERS_2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MAN_WITH_WHISKERS_2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	421.3 KB 
ID:	173796  

Wish you a lot of dreams in 2010!

HEY...Bas Mazur..THANK YOU.for the kind thought and words.. and right back at you..

Started blocking in the face of my Self Portrait for the PEACE OR PERISH piece that i'm working on...still just using the clay tubes brush in Z Brush for the blockin phase of this piece...and relying on a mirror to get my likeness.

PEACE OR PERISH 15.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 14.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 13.jpg

A couple of pieces that I sculpted in Z Brush awhile back and now want to push further in the new Z Brush program....just something to practice with and on.
    Crits,suggestions,opinions always welcomed

DRAGON_RIDER_WITH_WOLVES_14.jpg

DRAGON_RIDER_WITH_WOLVES_13.jpg

BEAR_WOLF_CONFRONTATION_20.jpg

Hello SpiritDreamer,

These 'Wolves' pieces are wonderfully powerful & evocative.

Always enjoy coming to your thread for a refreshing change. Love your relentless exploration. The 'Running' sequences are marvelous too.

Best Wishes,
    Darrel

THANK YOU ..GroBoto... ..I just like and really enjoy the opportunity for adventure and discovery of the new, that all of this new technology offers.
    Glad to hear that my thread gives you a restpit from the norm..I think we all need that in or lives at one point or the other...

I remember when I was a young kid, I listened on the radio with my father to the second Sony Liston..Casus Clay World Heavyweight Champonship Fight..It was a really major event and fight at that time in history..I think that the whole world had their ears glued to the radio, anticapating the outcome, thinking that Sony Liston was a sure thing to win..But to everyones surprise...Casus Clay...SHOOK UP THE WORLD...and won the Heavy Weight Title of The World...
    This Z Brush sculpture painting is a little tribute I did in memory to that event, and to my Father who passed away while I was working on it.
    I am putting it in here, so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle of time.
    That is my father and myself seated at ringside just below the two fighters...in a scene that is from my own imagination, wishful thinking, and memory...

CASSIUS_CLAY_SONNY_LISTON 1.jpg

CASSIUS_CLAY_SONNY_LISTON_n.jpg

Boxers_six.jpg
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 01-05-10 at 04:30 AM.

A little further along with my self portrait for the PEACE OR PERISH concept that i'm working on...Still just using the clay tubes brush in Z Brush to rough it up and refine some areas to make it feel like shin..old skin...
    Still a long ways to go with it yet..
    Crits,suggestions,opinions welcomed.

PEACE OR PERISH 19.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 18.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 17.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 16.jpg

PEACE OR PERISH 15.jpg

Hey there! I always thought you were putting a lot of stuff out and at a rapid speed, and it felt kind of strange, because I was the same when I started using Zbrush. The reason was to learn rapidly to finish off something in a decent amount of time. Now I've seen your self portrait, I can't help but wonder how old are you and are you trying the exact same thing, to do as much before the time runs out so to speak? If that's the case I back you up 100%

Hi Cherub-Rock.. .Yep...You got it right...I'm 57... on permanent disability from the Veterans Administration...have alot of old injuries coming back to haunt me...have worked hard labor jobs all my life, so I could keep my art and the artistic side of my personality free..Just too much of a free spirit in me to allow that part of myself to be captured in the money game,..and yes time is getting short, and seems to be going by at the speed of light as of lately...So I am trying to squeese in as much as possible as I fly down the home stretch..at the speed of light...
    But if you really want to know what i'm about, and have about three or four days to browse , you can always check out my CG TALK SKETCHBOOK..All 250 plus pages of it..thousands of images...then you will know where i'm coming from. ...The link to it is below.
    I really admire your works by the way...GREAT STUFF..
    TAKE CARE, and thanks for asking who I am...
    Glenn
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 01-06-10 at 01:56 AM.