Senior Member Follow User Gallery

If I talk to you, will you give me a legitimate answer for a change, instead of just passing it off as a dream you don't even understand yourself?

hey Salvador.. this is the artworld calling... you really need to learn to create a solid clock.. all this melty stuff is just taking the easy way out.. how do you ever expect to grow as an artist when you can't do things the right way?
    Damien Trippeda .... Novice Zbrusher
    Sketchbook/Experiments: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=154187

Dapharmer, this isn't at all about being different, or about trying to do something different than everyone else. Because someone does something that's different from other people, that makes them a Salvador Dali, or puts them above criticism? Really?

Derek Frenzo..LOL...
    Do you think the oil companies are a dream, or the nuclear submarines that carry nuclear missiles, or the offshore oil rigges that are continuously polluting and killing the oceans or the coal mines and the miners that are exploted by the companies that own those mines..Take a closer look at my works, and you might actually see a reality in those dreams of mine..Troll..

Dapharmer...That was Great. .Made my day..Better..Thank You

the thing though derek.. yeah nobody is above criticsm.. but again.. who is anyone here or anywhere else to decide what constitutes art.

and to take what you said and put it in reverse.. just because someone chooses to do something differently, should that make them the target of extra criticsm for making those choices

if you think i have this attitude only towards spirit or that for some reason i hold him exempt from any possible wrong.. then that's silly.. i have the same beliefs towards any unwaaranted and unfair attacks on anyone's efforts that i see on the forums. everyone has different tastes and different ways of going about their own personal art.. what really bothers you isnt that spirits works are bad or anything../ its that he doesnt acknowledge what you or anyone else for that matter thinks they should be. and i can respect that. does that mean i dont think he has room to grow? hell no. we all do.. otherwise we'd all be getting top row posts daily..

but just because you take the time to tell someone what you think they can do to improve doesnt mean your ideas or anyone elses are 1) right.. or 2) apply to the person you're saying it to.

the point of my little dali thing wasnt to compare spirits work to him. it was to point out how silly that kind of statement is. an expressionist can't go and tell a surealist that their works arent art. they can't go and say you have to do it like this or you'll never grow.. never be an artist.. because well.. it's f'in retarted to do :P .. that doesnt stop people from thinking they know better and trying, but if every artist now considered a master succumbed to some critic who told them their art wasn't art at all.. then we would have no diversity among the history of art.. we'd have noone trying something different to see where it takes them

if thats something you can't understand then maybe you should stop looking at people's art works that don't fit into whatever narrow view you consider as correct... maybe you dont notice the improvement in spirits technique and maybe he does. you can't decide whats right for him and if he decides he doesnt want to listen to anyones critiques does that hurt you in any way? or does it just hurt your pride?

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritDreamer
    Derek Frenzo..Thank You I love clutter..The more you look, The more you See...Darknes..I like Rembrandt. ..The last one represents a Dream...my own....You'll have to ask someone like Sigmund Freud if you want to get an explanation of it's meaning.
    Oh, there you are, SpiritDreamer. I thought you left.
    Those are your own words when I asked you about a piece of work you did, SpiritDreamer, not mine. All just a dream you can't explain. Another one of your vague answers to a legitimate question, or critique. You're the one in your own world, not me.

Again, Dapharmer, you're not getting my point at all. It isn't about trying to be different. That's not the point anyone here has been trying to make. As if just being different in itself makes something, or someone, special or better.
    "I think I will drive the wrong way on the highway just to be different. Only fools follow the flow of traffic. Not me, I'm special!"
    People have given SpiritDreamer legitimate critiques about how he might improve his work. Many of them are about the same exact issues. For instance, he doesn't pose his models to be interacting with each other in his scenes. He keeps them in the same static poses every time he recycles them for another piece. That is a legitimate critique that has nothing to do with the subject matter. That is picking on the guy? You're right that art is subjective. That means people don't have to like his work either, and without being told they just don't get him, or they only like artwork featuring woman with big breasts. That's juvenille. If he doesn't want ANY CRITIQUES than why does he post so much work in this forum? If he accepts no critiques at all, then he needs to post a disclaimer saying, NO CRITIQUES ACCEPTED!!
    Last edited by Derek Frenzo; 09-12-11 at 10:20 AM.

Drick Frenzo..What have you said, if anything with your own art... lately..
    Why don't you open up your own sketchbook in this forum, so we can all see what you are trying to say with your own art..Afraid that you might get your pride damaged.
    What are you doing in this forum and in my thread anyway...Just slumming would be my guess oh Great One...You like to dish it out,..Open your own sketchbook thread in this forum, and we'll all see if you can take it as well as you dish it out...TROLL.
    Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 09-12-11 at 10:13 AM.

and derek.. you are not getting my point at all.

who are you to decide ?

do you make the forum rules. is there somethign that explicitly says your posting of your own work here constitutes acceptance that it will be torn to shreds and you will be required to do as everyone says?

seriously man.. why does his work bother you so much.. you seem to be in here just spouting off for some personal reason that isnt at all coming accross in "what you're trying to say".

are you mad because you gave advice and he didnt take it? so f'ing what.. get over yourself.. or if you think he's doing something wrong.. bring your grievance to the forum mods and see what they tell you to do with it.

all you're doing by repeatedly telling someone that they arent art-worth is making yourself look like an elitist jackoff.

and for the record.. it's always about being different.. art is personal .. what i call art does not have to be the same as what you call art and if you think it does then you sir need to go to some forum like fark or worth1000's and post there where all the rest of the elitist attention demanding people live. being different and trying to express things in your own way is what any art form is about.

Quote Originally Posted by dapharmer
    and derek.. you are not getting my point at all.

who are you to decide ?
    Who am I to decide? You're the one who referred to some other people's work as "the ideas of some juveniles..." Isn't that a judgement of someone elses work by you? Would you care to point out a specific person's work that you feel is juvenille? Go ahead.
    Again, if art is subjective, if it's about being different, than people can make up their own minds if they like it, or they don't. And, they don't need your permission, or SpiritDreamer's permission to post their opinion in a public forum. That's the entire issue here. People expressed their honest opinion and it was more than SpiritDreamer could handle. So get over yourselves already.

hehe i see you read as well as you critique.. i never reffered to their works.. i reffered to the way they hurled insults and called them critiques.

seriously man.. ask yourself.. what are you getting out of all this complaining about one persons art other then a smattering sense of self satisfaction? if you already know he's not gonna listen why are you still trying. are you here to magically save spirit dreamer from all his wrongful ways?

Dapharmer, you seem like a fair guy. I honestly don't want to sit here and argue with you about this issue anymore. If you look at my comments in other threads, you will also see that I'm not an overly critical guy, or mean-spirited. Just the opposite. I will even make helpful suggestions to people when I see no one else is leaving comments.
    I do know for a fact that SpiritDreamer has left many people frustrated and shaking their heads by his apparent lack of willingness to accept any small suggestions, or well-meaning comments regarding his work. It's like watching someone drowning who refuses to be rescued. It seems like he either wants to piss people off, or he is incapable of learning new things. Why care? Good question. I shouldn't. I guess seeing that same old flying leopard dragon in my face every time I check the front page to see what's happening gets to me sometimes. If SpiritDreamer is happy spinning his wheels in his own little world, what difference should it make to me, right? Okay, you convinced me. I'm through arguing.

I'm not teaming up with anyone. The bulk of your long winded post here I suppose is for the other guy. I never said "It's not art dont do it" I guess you didn't bother to read my posts or simply cant comprehend what Im saying in them? Why bother having an opinion on anything then?....is the point of this forum not to hear from critics and fans alike?

Do your Art all you want I never said you shouldnt. I give a lot of positive opinions on here too so Im not simply being negative....now this is clearly falling on deaf ears so I'll be done with it.

Carry on.

Also I have not "Hurled" a single insult....others on here have. try to not lump all semi negative reviews into the same "they're all little mean kids" lump thanks

Maddnesss...It must be a full moon..LOL