Default Craig Maresch Sketchbook

Hey yall this is actually my first post, I've been kinda timid about showing my work. I'm graduating from AIW this year and would like some feedback. So any and all suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!
    Octo Angled.jpg
    Octo Top Angled.jpg

This was my first model that I worked on in Zbrush. Made entirely of Zspheres, of course I had no idea what I was doing so some of the tentacle geometry is fugly.

Dino Front.jpg
    Dino Left.jpg
    Dino Right.jpg

Here is a model that I used a base mesh I made in Max. Of course the most fun with these models was the polypainting.

Here is a character that I made up when I was little, and have continued to evolve him, and finally I found the medium through which I can show people.

Therium Angled.jpg
    Therium Front.jpg
    Therium No Robe.jpg
    Therium Skull.jpg

This is essentially the same character as the first but after a transformation, although I actually made this one before the other.

Therium Armor.jpg
    Therium Armor Back.jpg
    Therium Armor Close up.jpg

Both models were pushed pretty far in Max, atleast until I got tired of working on them there. Then I worked a lot on each in Zbrush, again painting was fun!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

good models but keep using clay brushes and studyng anatomy

come se my works

This model I also started in Max, originally it was an anatomical study of the skeleton, and then I pushed it further to be a study of the muscle system. I had no idea there were so many muscles! So its not all of them yet, but most, and I hadn't the time to flesh out the details of the muscles or tendons, so this is going to be a long WIP!

Muscles Front.jpg
    Muscles Left.jpg
    Muscles Back.jpg
    Muscles Close Up.jpg

Ooo first reply! Thank you Adam, I'm tryin to branch out and use all the different brushes, sometimes I get stuck on only a few.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

buy and read human anatomy for artists sarah simblet very good book
    and watch alex oliver videos

I'll check those out, thanks.

Hey I was wondering if anyone knows a tutorial for hard surface sculpting in Zbrush.

Haven't posted in a long time here, but here is some of the stuff I've been working on lately. This is the sculpt I did for the Marvel challenge on CGhub.

Here is just a character I was exploring, he's kind of a stag beetle warrior.

Here is another model, a little older, mostly done in Max, but I've recently brought it into Zbrush to add more details later.

Here is my Godzilla, not finished, it's a WIP.

Any critiques would be appreciated!

Member Follow User Gallery

That Carnage piece looks marvelous!

Thanks, I realized though after I submitted it for the challenge though, that it was lacking a better render. Some of the other submissions were head and shoulders above my render. So I'm looking for tips on getting it to look like a real clay sculpture.

Default Carnage

Finally textured and did a better render for Carnage.

awesome work dude... u nailed it

This was a quick sketch for a hydra head, not a fan of hydras looking like a dragon so I went with a snake.

Here is a mage character I was working on for a forum competition.

Lately I have been working on a warrior character for a game I am working on. Still working on designing his armor to be unique.

Here is a Trex I did for a State Dept. Art show recently.

And here is the pose, not sure if I like this render or the first.

Doing the Trex got me goin on dinosaurs again, I should revisit my old dinosaur model too.