Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Yeti

zbt.jpg
    Hello,

This was going to be a yeti but it looks more like a caveman /chewy from starwars.So far about 3 hours work including making the base.
    Im trying to make the hair look better and am currently using the clay/standard and layer brush .If anyone has any pointers /links to how to make hair better than this I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks for passing thru,
    cal.
    ABOMIN.jpg
    Last edited by calum5ZB; 11-30-09 at 07:01 PM. Reason: title

Nice start.
    The best way i find to sculpt hairs is to lay down larger strands in lower resolutions first going over under other strands and then laying down hairlike
    strokes on top of those on the higher subd´s

no tips on the hair coz I dont know. Very nice and soft looking hair so far. Great to see you still hard at it Cal.
    laterz my friend.
    ron

Disco Stu:Thankyou for the advice,I will do that.I also discovered the cut brush smoothed off helps at certain points in the hair flow.I might have to use subtools to pull out some loose ends as the hook method never works for me..Thanks again for the help!

Ron Harris:Ron!!!Hey buddy long long time!I hope your well,dont see you posting these days..I'll have a search out to see if you have been up to anything of late.Still owe you a huge beer for showing me and prompting me to get zbrush!Funny as today in the post I got my copy of Exotique5 by ballistic publications with my zbrush created warrior 'keja II' on page 41 .I got a full page and that would never of happened if it wasnt for you introducing me to zb.Thanks so much.Catch you soon,cal..

Heyas again. And thank you. I am just now picking back up the z bug. I havent posted anywhere in a long time. Took time out for sketching and some personal malfunctions going on in the real world. Currently trying to regrasp my skills in z. I delete most of what I have been creating. Tried making a Santa Claus last night and he ended up looking like Buddha with a beard and glasses. lol And this morning started working on a werewolf. I have a computer that will handle the high polycounts, but I am only scratching the surface with that. I am so happy for you to have gotten your works published. I will have to check out the bookstores here and look for a copy. I always knew you had it in you. You are a very good artist to say the least. I knew that the first time I viewed your works on RR. Take care and maybe someday I will be able to take you up on that beer. Thank you for making my day.

yer friend,
    Ron

ps. I will be posting soon I hope. I want to flesh out some of my sketches in zbrush.

Ron Harris:Hi again mate,yeah I looked a saw you requested some scripts to get into the new look of things.Wish I could offer some help but Im in your boat hence my questions .Budda with Glasses sounds funny,I hope to see some work by you again.Yeah Im well happy about the book,gives a boost which was def req due to my constant wall hitting.I hope to make things look better as a get on with this and one day feel happy.
    Anyways good to hear from you after soo long!If I can help specifically with anything your welcome to shout me at calum5@calum5.com .
    Cant guarentee I can but will def try!

Heres the next stage of my creature.I tried to work the fur more with Disco Stu's advice..(Thanks mate).Also threw in an expression..Next step subtool wisps and texture.
    Thanks cal

zbt.jpg
    SMd.jpg