ZBrushCentral

Texture process in Zbrush 3.5.xx (Beginner)

Hello everyone.

Here is a short video showing the basics of Zbrush 3.5 texture process, which explains the difference between Polypainting, texture maps, texture map locations, and the process to produce a texture map for exporting.

This video is aimed at new users to Zbrush, or anyone that wishes to watch anyway. There are two versions. One is slightly downgraded quality for Youtube streaming, while the other is at full HD quality.

I dont normaly try to produce video training on weekends, as kids are home from school, however it gives you a small taster of the quality of my future videos.

Download link(100mb): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ktyyenngzzl
Youtube link part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ambVg1WxFWU
Youtube Link part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWbZWzruO7w

texture process.jpg

Hi ,thanks for the vid but when I try to download load it drops too low on the transfer rate…like 10kbs …2 hours.Do you have another link?If not I’ll try again later.Would like to see this,cheers cal

Hello Calum.

Its the weekend so I guess its going to be slower, my connection is generaly poor anyway. Link 1 for Youtube is up, and link two is being prepaired by Youtube. Press HD on Youtube for a better view.

Stick with the download link, it should speed up, if not try later on.

Thank you so much! for this vid, very very helpful! and very good explained :+1:

tez,
Thanks, bud, for taking the time. Basic stuff, but even this will save me moments of frustration :smiley: . This is just the sort of things I hinted at to Pixologic upon releasing 3.5. I’m looking forward to your 2nd half.
Cheers,
Gary

Thanks for the video.

Hi tez…Just wanted to thank you for the great demo tutorial…really helped me to understand what’s going on in the texturing process.:slight_smile:
Great the way you zoom large into the menu’s that your selecting things from, and the speed at which you do it, is slow enough to give me a chance to absorb what your saying and demonstrating…
Anyway, I want to say that you have a nice way of teaching:+1: , and i’m really looking forward to learning more from you…:slight_smile:
Glenn

Hi Tez, thanks for taking the time to do this, will come in very handy!
Only problem is the RAR file on mediafire is broken, there is a CRC error and it won’t unzip or unrar :cry:

Frank

Frank: the file un-rar’ed just fine on my Mac, used UnRarX.

Maybe re-downloading it would help.

Tez: great tute! Now when zb 3.5 comes out on the Orphaned System, I’ll know what to expect.

I think I’ve found the problem - Mediafire keeps cutting the download short. I’ll keep trying and see what I get :slight_smile:

Got it, the mediafire link worked well. Must be beginners luck.
(averaged 425kbps download speed)

Thank You!

AgentSmith

Fantastic, just what I’m looking for beginner Zbrush tuts. As I just got Zbrush 3.5. I really appreciate and hope to see more!

-Josh

just amazing!!!

Thanks a lot for the tutorial Tez. Much appreciated. Cheers.

Thank You! :+1:

Thanks. Downloading now.

First and foremost, many thanks for this, very informative.
Pleasure listening to you on the video (unlike some others).
Your voice, thankfully did not put me to sleep.
Also, pleasure listening to children in background.

One of Alex Alvarez’s training dvds (Gnomon) had a phone
ringing in background. Rang, and rang, and rang.
Had sent him an email and asked who was calling never came back.

Had visions of you speaking and looking with daggers at kids.

Regard to them, made the videos better.

Best of luck with these, unlike some others you know what you
are talking about and it shows

Hey mate,thanks !I finally got my copy downloaded and have just watched .You cleared up the texture pallete(s) confusion for me perfectly .I found your video very easy to understand and the recap was a great point also.I now know I can deal with multi textures on subtools and how the new texture pallette works along with the old one.Really appreciate the time you donated to us .

cal

great vids! thanks!

Thanks sooo much! This is exactly what I needed!!

wenna