Great work bro.you deserve this.congrats on top row man.you are in the league of great artists man.
    Romel chopra

Just wanted to say I really like your presentation, your work is pretty good too

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

congrats to the top row well deserved!

keep zrockkin!
    Maximilian - Gordon Vogt

my PORTFOLIO

my ZBcentral SKETCHBOOK
    Available for freelance

Member Follow User Gallery

I always look at top row threads because the work in them is obviously above average. The difference is, the average time I spend looking at a thread is probably 5 mins, enough to look at the images and read some of what is said. As of right now I have been looking through your thread for over an hour on my lunch break. You sir owe me a sandwich!

Not only do you have amazing work but your process is thorough and inspirational. Thank you for sharing your sculpting life with ZBC.

Tim
    www.timsalvage.com

My Sketchbook

"The only Constant is Change"

Smile

… looks like Christmas came early for me … humbled and honoured... .

Grfx: thank you man! Studying anatomy Bammes’s way, using ZBrush is awesome! Glad u like.

Calum5ZB(Part 1): thanks for your kind, motivating and encouraging words friend! My mind’s already hard at work on the updates.

Disco Stu: thank you second friend ! I was already asleep when the TR refreshed, saw it this morning – thought the old brain malfunction was back…

RafaZChies: thank you very much!

Darukin: thank you man! Encouraging words that keep me going; ZBrush is the digital playground for the creative thinker… needless to say I’m looking forward to seeing your progress on ZAnimator!

Calum5ZB(Part 2): woops Cal! Didn’t see this one coming! Thanks bud… hope you didn’t scare the dog too much… .

Al.Tintop: thank you!!!!! More to come next year (=in 3 weeks)!

Lemonnado: thank you very much Rainer! Now, I caught the most persistant bug ever; Z-bug… some say you carry it with you till the day you die…

Jamespthornton: thanks a bunch James! More to come on EtcherTube –gotta’ find the time- and the cash for a new version of Premiere… this fiddling with QuicktimePro is workin’ on my nerves!

Cherea: Thank you and thanks again for the kind words… to be continued!

Undoz: thank you very much man (you know how I feel about your works)!! Quote:”I saw that you have some interesting reference lines in 3d, on the skeleton model. Is it a box with transparency” actually, I drew lines on a box, did a polygroup from color and deleted the non-line polygons: I think it is an awesome aid/reference when learning how perspective works when drawing from life. Those floating lines are so easy to produce. ZBrush rocks!

Energise: hey Jonas, thanks a lot!

Ncollings: thank you very much Nicholas! Gotta’ shift into higher gears now to get my works detailed and textured! Learned a lot from your latest stuff on AC2 though. Thanks for taking the time to drop me a line!

Womball: thank you man! Glad you think so! Quote:”” Black lines are there to facilitate visual feedback when using the model for dawing/sculpting reference purposes – I’ll do more version without the lines and with different materials later on. Hope all is well & talk to you later!

Mutte696: thanks Maarten!!! Yeah, sculpt on! You got it bud!

Yona: Thanks friend: what’s next? Working hard – studying learning, trying to get some more sculpts detailed and polypainted!!! Fun!!

3mm: thank you very much mohammad! Being a big fan of your works – this means a lot to me! Working hard to get better!

Santis: Thanks a lot bud, and thanks a lot for the ongoing support! Me wants all this printed too!!! Still gotta’ figure some things out though!

Scottleroc: thank you buddy!!!! Looking forward to seeing your new stuff too!!! Talk to you later Scott.

Alexmarik: thanks man!!! Lots of empty space in the ref folder eh? Ok, I see what I can do… .

Iatriki: thanks a lot, glad you like the anatomy stuff –more to come, eventually!

Moni-Poroni: hey first friend ! Thanks a bunch!!! Yeah, the next 37 pages are already filling up in my mind. Thanks for the stars! But now gotta’ take the wife and kids skiing (Winterurlaub in Osterreich, zwei wochen Schifahren!)

Romilkchoprazb: thank you very much for your kind words Romil! Looking forward to your new stuff too!

Thatdon: Sir, thank you very much for taking the time to drop me a line. Glad u like the presentation! On my works, I’ll have to quote myself (from a few posts back):"But hey, maybe I should try to actually finish a sculpt/scene first… almost a year on ZBC and I managed to fill up 80+ sheets with nothing but sketches, sketchy sculpts and way too much blah… blahblahblah..."

Gordon-v: thanks a lot Maximilian! I’ll keep on Z-rocking forever!!! Gotta' get my detailing and texturing skills up to your level!

Salvage: wow! That’s an awesome compliment Tim! Really motivates me and keeps me going! More to come man! Oh, on the sandwich thing… wich one do you want? And also, should I send it to you via airmail or UPS or,… .

Yeah, Zanta was here... I think I saw a gray-orange Zleigh here for a second.
    Enjoy your vacation with your family. We stay here this year (mein Mann muss arbeiten ) but my sister-in-law from Italy visits us for 10days..so everything`s cool. I just need to get the Humpatiki illustration for her done. Pronto!

Be careful and don`t break your leg. Ummm... would be a great excuse, though. Zbrushing 24hours... what do you think -- Zeductive idea, hm?

Last edited by Moni-Poroni; 12-09-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: erm....zleigh not zlay :D

Hey, hey, the Etcher Sketcher gets TOP ROW!!! Fantastic my friend and very well deserved

Great work, Geert, so pleased for you

Excellent, great to see you on top! You make a great contribution to these forums.
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

Well done!
    A much deserved Top Row!

finally! congrats on the well deserved and overdue top row!! Also, last update is killer! Although I'm very curious to see what you'll whip out next, I'm kinda sad you're letting this one rest for a while

cheers man!
    Daniel

Smile

Moni-Poroni: !!!! Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!Looking forward to seeing the finished Humpatiki image .

RawSunlight: hey Herman, thanks a bunch -it took me by suprise- but I'm honored!

Marsyas: thanks Geoff! I took (learned) so much from ZBC, I only tried to give some of it back... (very much like you, I guess ).

royalwin: thank you !!!! Hey man, long time no speak, hope all is well and I hope you'll have some new stuff to post soon (ish) .

ville: thank you Daniel!!!! Quote:"Although I'm very curious to see what you'll whip out next, I'm kinda sad you're letting this one rest for a while" honestly, me too, but I'm really torn between research/study and looser stuff, but hey, I'll get it done... you'll see! !

TTVOR_BT_07_12_09.jpg
    TTVOR_BTB_010_12_09o.jpg

Congratulations on the Top Row Well deserved IMO. Looking forward to many more inspiring posts.
    Mark

Congrats for the toprow. You really,really deserved it. Great and very useful work for everybody here.

Thanks for your efforts an Thumbs up!

Default Beautiful stuff

This is a great thread Etcher.
    I love the development steps you take. It is a great reminder to all artists that the fundamentals are critical.

Your Tenebrea creature reminds me of the Tenenbris in the Wikker story. Since the spellings are so similar.
    If you haven't read the book yet, you should. I think you might find it interesting. Wikker and a young boy fight as a team in the land of Tenenbris.

Just Google WIKKER and you'll find it online. Book 2 in now in the works. I am working on character sketches now and will begin modeling soon.

Love the drawings and your method of working with the new PaintStop. Looks like I have to start experimenting again with that tool.
    Action Hero - WAR EAGLE
    Author- WIKKER (young adult novel)

yeah top row - totally deserved!