New Member Follow User Gallery

This thread is getting cold.
    We miss you Etcher! drop some inspirational stuff!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

eldany: thanks for poking me man ! These last few weeks I,ve been studying a lot: how to sculpt hair, cloth, etc, developing/finetuning character sculpt/painting/posing MO - but I don't have enough spare time, so progress is slow. I do spend time on ZBC during my studies to find tips, MO solutions and tons of inspiration . I'm looking forward to being able to post some new stuff though... see ya!

Thanks Geert!

I actually found out about it when I was checking out Sintel .

Hope to see some of your new works soon too!

Happy ZBrushing,
    Dominiek.
    Happy ZBrushing! Greetings, Dominiek D.R.

asecbrush: more than welcome! Pffff, wish I could sculpt more, but as it is now, I'm limited to less than an hour a day . Gotta' stay motivated though

Geert_Melis_001o.jpg
    Geert_Melis_001bo.jpg

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Awesome,Awesome and Awesome!

Hi my name is Birbal,another CG guy..
    first of all...your work is Awesome(I said it again!)but it seriously is.
    it just shows your study of anatomy and also your patience.its superb.I envy you.right now i'm just trying to learn from people like you.may i ask how many years have you spent over anatomy(just curious..hehe)
    I simply loved the first axl(nude model of the young boy,not the later one with acc)that nude grayscale model and his pose,they just show your command over anatomy.I kept staring at the figure for 5 min and just said WOW!the other works are fabulous too obviously..
    also you mentioned that you DIDN'T use wacom for the facial anatomy!! I mean that is serious patience thing!just shows your dedication.
    you mentioned that how you admire other artists like Ryan Kingslien,Scott Spencer and their work,study of anatomy in their work.believe me with the work you are doing currently you will be working with all these artists one day.(sorry,I don't know what you are doing currently)
    great work keep it up!will be in touch. people like you inspire us.

Smile

Julian_K: I’m still limited on Z-time; life’s getting in the way – nothing major really; helping our oldest son move his stuff to his new house (me having a blast assembling Ikea furniture etc…), losing my wallet and spending hours running around doing paperwork to get a new id, driver’s licence, credit cards, you name it… spending 3hours a day stuck in traffic whilst bringing my youngest kids to school and commuting back and forth to work… but hey, everyday – even if it’s only 5 minutes- I work on stuff that’s Z-related. Also, I continue working on the new characters, finetuning/developing proper workflow as I go along (not having had any prior sculpting experience is weird, sometimes I feel like I need to learn/absorb too much on-the-fly) -> I would love to put a little scene together with two or three characters (incl you know who), depicting a key story moment. It’s taking me some time, but I will get there, I’m on a mission. Your support and ZBC’s are a tremendous help to keep me focused

Birbal1987: wow Birbal! Thanks so much for the … awesome… comment! Huge motivator when Z-time is limited! Regarding your questions: I did study anatomy when I attended Art School, but, at the time I didn’t sculpt nor did I have have acces to the proper tools (ZBrush, Anatomytools models, to name a few). I think my serious anatomy studies started in august 2007: I ordered a copy of the Sobotta anatomy and some of Gottfried Bammes’s anatomy books and polymodeled (I would recommend staying away from polymodeling and work in ZBrush) an entire skeleton and the muscular system in C4D, a few months later I discovered ZBrush and there you go…. Initially, I didn’t use the Wacom because I was certain I would not be able to work with it… at that time, my laptop had the shiniest touchpad in Belgium… . My best advice to you: sculpt a skeleton, sculpt the muscles and take it from there. It's hard work, it'll take some time and dedication, but it'll pay of big time (it does for me)

Check out:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ghlight=santis

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...ht=arran+lewis

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showpos...3&postcount=65

http://www.youtube.com/user/rkingslien

Looking forward to seeing your works on ZBC!

I just wanted to reply to your pm, but your box is full.
    clean up damn mail box

Helloooo there, good morning!
    It`s icecold here.. I guess it`s also icecold in Belgium?
    Just had "awesome" thirty minutes with the snow pusher outside.. without gloves. That`s fun. You should try that, hehe.
    It`s hard to write if you can`t feel your fingers.
    Just wanted to say hello. Hope everything is well!

Hey Moni , yeah -6° here... 2-3cm of snow, guess a lot more where you live (where in Germany is that?). All's well still too little Z-time, but that's old news, hopefully all's well for you too; I have been looking forward to seeing your new sculpts , I read you where figuring out how you would present the whole thing; I'm looking forward to see how you will proceed. ttyl and wear gloves .

Thanks for the links, the first one is awesome!
    Haha, Ikea furnitures, makes me proud coming from sweden, I have ben assembling a couple my self helping a friend to move (in -15 to -20°c and lots of ice and snow).
    Waiting impatiently for your next update!

Santis: Hey man, wow -15/-20, that's too cold! This morning we had -6° and a few cm of snow, result; I'm an hour late at work... . Yeah, the links are a cross section; they show how a lot of people (specializing in different fields), at some point start the daunting task of studying human anatomy in order to improve their sculpting. I'm too slow on the updates: tuesday and wednesday evening I sculpted one simple measly ring holding a simple stone . .

man, I just realized - you have the ducking biggest signature on the planet