ZBrushCentral

squiddoodles

trying to make a serious effort to learn zbrush again, started off with a couple of heads and a couple of matcaps,

tried to get a 3 point lighting effect on the first, not sure where I was going with the pink one, quite like it though

[matcaps01.jpg]

messing around with subtools and transposing

[alien.jpg]

I like this last one. :+1:

another head, hard work making humans :confused:
time to start looking at some arty books I think, not getting the proportions right at all at the moment

[human-head02.jpg]

another head, think I’m improving a bit… long way to go

[[attach=174364]human-head03.jpg[/attach]]human-head03.jpg

Proportions and scale seem to be a noteworthy issue here if realism is the goal. Exaggeration for artistic sake is interesting, but it’s usually more appealing to have a firm understanding in recognizable anatomy first. ‘Bridgeman’s Complete Guide to Drawing from Life’ is a great reference book that covers all aspects of human anatomy.

Exaggeration for artistic sake is interesting, but it’s usually more appealing to have a firm understanding in recognizable anatomy first
that’s what I figured, I’m hoping that once I have the human form sorted… it’s all easy from there :smiley:

I’ll check that book out too, at the moment I’ve just grabbed a few photos off the internet

another head, focused more attention around the nose area this time [![human-head04.jpg|693x769](upload://srfLE0dDIcwHRtMDfASDg2oI3tm.jpeg)]

experimented a bit with hard surfacing after watching part of Michael Pavlovich’s free 45 min vid on eat3d, rendered in Cinema 4D

( used the head above as the base )

[hard-surface.jpg]

got a better quality result straight out of zbrush

[[attach=174704]hard-surface.jpg[/attach]]hard-surface.jpg

a bit more experimentation with hardsurfacing polygroups

[[attach=174763]hard-surface2.jpg[/attach]]hard-surface2.jpg

worked on this a bit longer, not sure I like the head anymore

I really like this last one. Very clean looking. Which matcap did you use?

one called grouce from the zbrush website, it’s under the metals, 2nd row down in the middle :slight_smile:

went back to a previous version and changed the head to something a bit more comical :smiley:

the rabbit that scientists pushed to far! ROBOLOP!
will probably replace one his arms with an enormous gun that fires… rocket propelled GM carrots?

[attach=175073]gunbunny.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

gunbunny.jpg

Nice, that rabbit looks pretty angry. But it does look rather symmetrical, and since the head appears to be an organic form it would most likely have some kind of feature offset (rarely are organic forms completely symmetrical). You could try and lower one of the ears so that they don’t match perfectly, or squint one eye slightly. It’s mostly for aesthetic appeal, but for the machine body its appropriate for it to be symmetrical.

I’ve left the head symmetrical for now, quite like his piercing glare
might do a series of these, some sort of mechanically enhanced animal troopers
M.E.A.T hehe :smiley:

thumper.jpg

[attach=175422]gunbunny.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Lol awesome.
I love the Design. Its really great. :slight_smile:

Awe shucks that is great! Roo and Poo would have loved it. Eayore thinks its pretty sweet. He wants one of them power suits to kick the Chow Chow’s butts around the house! :wink:

Sweet!! Great concept! Nice hard-surface modeling can’t wait for that capability to come to the Mac! :wink:

a blue version with a slightly modified face, and a bit of a pose
not sure which version I prefer :confused:

[attach=175720]sgt-thumper-blue.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

sgt-thumper-blue.jpg