ZBrushCentral

Please, write your post in English language

Hi all,
i have seen a lot of posts in native language…i don’t like it.

Please, write your post in English language…if you can…
:smiley:

cameyo

p.s. maybe this post is not in exact place

Hi Cameyo
Sometimes that’s not indispensable (too nutsy signification or too futile :rolleyes:
But you right an esperanto should be great !
Pilou

I agree with you, cameyo… as guilty as anyone, I have written a lot of words in french, as said frenchy pilou too futile or personnal, or mostly too much linked at french life to be translaten… but in fact I don’t like at all private jokes, as they put others out of the way… so, apologize!..

I don’t want to be a “censor” or a “breakballs” (rompipalle in italian)…this post is only a request (favour ?) :slight_smile:
I have problem to read english too… :wink:

cameyo

p.s. thank you

And me, some problem to write in english :slight_smile:
Pilou

love the word rompipalle, cameyo… think I ‘m coming to adopt it! do you know that our slang’ author san antonio said that the only langage where it has been possible to translate his book was italian… and of course, I understand well what you mean; my answer was mostly for our english spoken friends, than for you…

Hello Cameyo. Remarkable on behalf of Italian to make this request.
though it of either if you have difficulties in the foreign languages you make like me with Google translator, or other systems similar. it is not easy (for me in any case) all the time to follow the conversations because some speaks English which left the school for a very long time, therefore the translations are very often hazardeuse, with me to thereafter draw something from it from light. For my part when I speak French there are two reasons: a word or expression intraduisable in English generally of no importance for the community or then really an explanation which I need and which I do not understand in English. Otherwise, as far as possible you will notice that very often if I do not have an other choice that of speaking in French you will find below a translation in English (and I make this effort!!)

How can I learn French or Italian,if everyone only writes in English?
Must all the French members learn English so they can speak to each other?
A little Internationl flavor has appeal.
On a more serious note.
The people from France so far have been among the most instructive and helpful.
To encourage English is good and productive.
To insist on perfect grammar might intimidate those that are capable of making large contributions.
Does the rain in Spain fall mostly on the plain?

All posts in english would be nice.
But french,german or dutch suits me too :stuck_out_tongue:

A friend of mine who is a linguist told me recently that there’s about 500 languages in danger of becoming extinct. This has something to do with English becoming more & more the de facto standard. I only understand English, a little Spanish, less French and even less Greek (and have a lot of respect for anyone who can communicate in a non native language) but I would rather not understand some posts than ask people to use English.

Simesf

Cameyeo, thank you, I agree for the most part. I understand that there are a lot of things that can only be accurately said in a person’s native language.

I also have a lot of respect and admiration for people who can read and write in two different languages. And believe it or not, I do read the posts that are in a different language, and I am amazed at howmany words I can understand since they are so English like.

But the only time I have said something on a post was when the entire thread started turning into French, and then I could not understand hardly any of the thread. This I do not think should happen.

Also, if someone is making jokes about another person, as was indicated above, that just cannot occur because it will estrange us from each other, and this is so much like a family to me, I do not want to see that.

Thank you for the post Cameyeo (I think I am mispelling you name, will check when I get out of the message, so please accept my apology ahead of time).

Many Blessings All

My pitiful contributions to this site since I have been a member have been small and insignificant.
What I have taken away from this site is enormous.
The contributions of an International group of very talented and very unselfish artists is something I treasure and makes this site and the zbrush product unique.
Anything that threatens to stifle that creative flow, I believe to be harmful.
One of the newer members who wrote in halting English, wishing to contribute, referred us to a site in Saudi Arabia where the text was in graphic.
The Photographs and graphics however were quite educational and helpful.( Thank you)
Because I am a very raw amateur,I have been content to sit on the sidelines absorbing without giving.
Some of the best work and helpful advise has been from members who start off with apologies for their bad English.
The members who do not speak English well should be doubly thanked for their contributions in a language that is not native to them.
One final note, if you look at the composition of the contributing members and asked for a vote on a common language,English may not win.
Does the rain in Spain,fall mostly on the plain?

That, in my opinion is completely wrong to suggest english only.

To remedy a simple problem.
Google Language Tools can translate any text or even a site.

So…unleash yourself o the world.

That, as they say, shall settle that.

Merci MTB, je trouvera ceci utile, Sans votre aide, je n’aurais jamais trouve cet emplacement, bien que je n’aie pas regarde parce que je ne ppuis pas encore dessiner un bananna :frowning:

C’est egalement un grand outil d’etude, et j’apprendrai reellement de lui! J’aime defier mon esprit et l’augmenter. C’est meilleur alors ayant sec vers le haut du pruneau pour un cerveau !! Voyez, je communique en francais !!

Beaucoup de benedictions a tous.

I understand that english is important to you to understand posts. Please try to bear and understand some people who have problem with english or post with foreign/disability language.

English or any other foreign language never was a permanently language, it alway change everyday.

I was born in US and raised with 100% american family. I became disabled at 10 month old from spinal menghitis, it burnt my cochlear and it deafened my ears. I could not hear anything and can’t hear what english sounded like to hearing people. I can read english but not good as hearing people. My native language is “American Sign Language”. It is 100% USA language for deaf people. It is not a bad language. Deaf community continue to develop ASL language with new hand signs and dramatic to make messages. ASL as visual language is definately different than acoustic language.

For your information, some vocabularies in english are from spanish, latin, and foreigns. For example “Adolescent” is originally from spanish but we introduced it into english from culture influence. Deaf introduced some english vocabularies and structures into ASL language. But, we removed many unnecessary english words and changed message structure that hearing people used for acoustic because we could create smooth message in visual signing language. It is nothing wrong with it. It is just how physical and culture influence the language.

The above said:

Thank you MTB, I will find this useful. Without your help, I never would have found this site, although I was not looking because I still cannot draw a bananna.

This is also a great learning tool, and I will actually learn from it. I love to challenge my mind and expand it. That is better then having a dried up prune for a brain !! See, I am communicating in french.

Many Blessing to all.

whow kitty, your french is wonderful! now, I expect from you the two langages! washington, the sign langage isn’t international? i was thinking it was symbol pf words, of fraction of words…

American Sign Language is not 100% international because it was introduced English and France language in.

Only 100% international language is gesture but it is not as advanced as ASL or any modern languages.

History: Thomas Gallaudet was a saleman but he was a brilliant student graduated at Yale University. He met a neighbor with a deaf Daughter Alice Clogswell. He had no idea how to communicate with her. Alice’s father Dr Mason Cogswell, prominent Hartford Physician, contributed Gallaudet the fund to travel Europe to study methods how to teach a deaf student. Awhile later he discovered gesture language and he realized that deafness is mean’t to be stupid or mental retardation. Abbe Sicard, head of the Institut Royal des Sourds-Muets in Paris, invited Gallaudet to Paris to study the school’s method of teaching deaf students using signing language communication. Laurent Clerc and Jean Massieu instructors, supplied Gallaudet some signing language books and gave him some theories how signing language was developed. Gallaudet established American School for the Deaf in Hartford in Pennsylvania. After his resignation for his ministry career, Amos Kendall established new college in Washington DC with very offensive name “Columbia Institution for the Instruction of the Deaf and Dumb and the Blind” and then changed it to “National College for the Deaf and Dumb”. College division chaged the name to “National Deaf-Mute College” and then changed to “Gallaudet University” Here is the Historic photos and links

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200311/user_image-1069453308kyj.jpg[/img]

Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet and Alice Cogswell, sculpted by Daniel Chester French

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200311/user_image-1069453347waq.jpg[/img]

Edward Miner Gallaudet, sculpted by Pietro Lazzari

1. http://pr.gallaudet.edu/GallaudetHistory/

2. http://depts.gallaudet.edu/deafeyes/index.html

3. http://www.gallaudet.edu
    [IMG][IMG]

thank you washington… I know a little, as i have the son of close friends who is deaf, and we often talk about… but never on the “translation” question…

Is chanting permitted?