ZBrushCentral

Stephen Babb's Sketchbook - Alien Cyborg

Thought I’d start a thread to show my works. The amount of inspiration I have gotten from the artist here is amazing. Thank you very much :smiley:

This image is of an alien cyborg. The idea behind the cybernetic pieces is that it amplifies his telekinetic powers.Mostly this was an experiment that started out as a sphere to try out the new polish and plane brushes, but I ended up making a bust. I am currently learning ZBrush and putting together a portfolio.

Glad to hear opinions and critiques!

Alien_Head_small_comp.jpg

Here is a dragon statue I did for a scene I was working on.

[attach=174996]dragon_zspheres.jpg[/attach]

[attach=174997]2.jpg[/attach]

[attach=174998]3.jpg[/attach]

[attach=174999]4.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

dragon_zspheres.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here is the scene containing the dragon and other elements. Low poly was done in 3dsMax while all the details were sculpted in Zbrush.

scene_small.jpg

Yo Babbs whats happening bro. This is Mike Nelson from Westwood. Nice pieces here you are gonna be great someday.

Hey Mike, nice to hear from you! Thanks for the kind words. I have a long way to go! Unfortunately I have been very busy at work this last year so I could not do as much ZBrush as I would have liked. I have a bit of time off in between projects now though so I hope to put some stuff together for my portfolio :slight_smile:

Really like that metal flesh effect on the top head study…That silver inlaid into the flesh the way you’ve done it, is a real eye catcher…Great effect…:+1:

Thanks SpiritDreamer! I appreciate the feedback :slight_smile:

I have been following your work for quite sometime. I really admire that you make so many pieces and are uniquely creative. Alot of your work has a painterly feel to it. Keep 'em coming!

This is my current project. It is based on a drawing I did a few years back. Still have to add in details. I hope to get 'em painted and positioned soon :slight_smile:tentacles_small.jpg

Hey Stephen!

These are fantastic! I especially enjoyed the fully detailed scene! :slight_smile:

Great creature…I don’t remember ever seeing one like that before…unique style…and creature…:+1:

Hey Stephen! I’d no idea you started your artwork thread here! Well done!
I really like your dark style :slight_smile: Hope to see more of your concept art depicted in 3d! Keep it up my friend :wink:

Very cool, look forward to see where tentacles goes.:+1:

FoxHound1984 - Thank you! I enjoyed creating the scene. It was a part time project that took me a while to complete because I could only work on it after work, and usually very late at night.

SpiritDreamer - Hey thanks SpiritDreamer. I can’t wait to get in there and polypaint him.

Aumakua - My friend, good to see you in the forums! You have been a HUGE inspiration to me personally :slight_smile: Yup, I figured I would finally start a thread of my own - about time! I seem to enjoy creating the darker stuff!

Thanks again for the feedback, I really appreciate it :smiley:

Had some time to add a bit of detail and rough in the base colors. Hope to get the majority of painting done tonight - we’ll see :slight_smile:
tentacles_color_wip_small.jpg

This is as far as I’m going tonight. I’ll finish up the paint tomorrow. Changed the eyes and muted the bright pink, along with a bunch of minor details - still a ways to go!

Any advice or comments are much appreciated :slight_smile:

tentacles_3.jpg

Attachments

tentacles_3_comp.jpg

I think I’m done with this for now. Although, I may change the tips of some of the facial tentacles to be like the large facial tentacles with the darker tips, that purplish fade. Should I pose him or just leave it how it is?

Comments/Advice?

tentacles_4_smallb.jpg

I don’t think you need advices at this stage, creature concept is looking very good. Do you want to show the rest of the body?

JuanVal - “I don’t think you need advices at this stage, creature concept is looking very good. Do you want to show the rest of the body?”

Thank you for the kind words. Sure! Here is the rest of the body from various angles. Thanks again for stopping by and checking out my work :slight_smile:

Liking the render:+1: , but missing the smooth silvery luminious translucent and semi transparent fluid jellyfish type appeal of the first one posted…That first one reminded me of deep sea or deep space creatures as they sparkle when appearing in the light from totall darkness…has that other world floaty mystery about it with smooth uninterupted flow and rhythm in it’s form…Sometimes less is better than more…Less leaves more for the imagination of the viewer to work it’s own magic to fill in the gaps so to speak…:slight_smile: Just my personal opinion though.
Keep up the Great work…:+1:

Looks really unique, you really need to start posting more pieces of your work. :D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: