ZBrushCentral

Wagon cadwallon

Hello there fellow zbrushers! :slight_smile:
This is my first post here at ZBC. Im working on this fun personal project and Im learning alot, I thought it would be fun to share it with you.

So I decided to model something more than just a character, witch I usually do, this time im going for a full scene. And since im no good designer I wanted to start with something existing, so I went with a cool image By PAUL BONNER, great artist! Im not sure what the rules are for posting another mans work right now, so I wont put the image up. But it can be seen at his homepage gallery. The image is called "Wagon cadwallon" if anyone wanna check it out. [www.paulbonner.net](http://www.paulbonner.net/) ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <b>Latest update!</b> <!--[attach=176194]full_comp_v031_color.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=171286]closeUp.jpg[/attach]--> ----------------------------------------------------------------------- <!--[attach=169732]dwarf.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=169733]bull.jpg[/attach]--> <!--[attach=169734]wagon.jpg[/attach]-->

the images don’t work.

Oh, thanks for telling me. I uploaded again, think it works now.

Very good start. I like the matcap you used, too.

now they work. looking good :slight_smile:

g_arrow really nice start. The cow looks really sweet!

Thanks guys.

I have been working some more on the first dwarf today (there will be four of them),
adding some clothes and armor. Im gonna add some more straps and details before moving on to the next model.

Trying not to work to long on one model, im just trying to move on and not get slowed down by problem solving or design issues. Instead im going back for finer detailwork later on when im posing everything up.

Hope you like :slight_smile:

Wow, this is going to be great!!! Not sure what the rules about posting are as well and I almost posted the image in this reply.

I’m seeing more and more Paul Bonner art popping up in Z-Brush Central and love it. Makes me want to have a shot at it as well.

I recently bought the Paul Bonner book and it sits amongst Brian Froud, John Howe, Alan Lee, Ian McCaig… to name a few of my favorites.

I hope to see your scene unfold here in this thread.

Awesome work!!!

Nice work so far… the beast look awesome…very realistic… Looking forward to your next update!

Blocking out the Ogre.

Thanks the replies :slight_smile:

remvc8 I agree, that are some truly inspiring artists. And im sure you would enjoy a Bonner-project, its really fun!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Well, it’s not every day you see someone on ZBC from the same city as yourself :smiley:
Looks like a great start!
I like how you block in the basic proportions using the clay tubes :+1:

Santis Thanks man! Yeah I been using clay tubes very much lately, I think im in love with it.:slight_smile: I use it like 90% of the time when sculpting organic, even when adding the finer details.
From stockholm as well ey? cool! Im freelancing here at the moment so I guess I might see you around, if you are working with this stuff too that is. :stuck_out_tongue:

Heres todays work on this project. Been adding armor to the ogre/giant.
I have a bit more work to do before the next model, like finish the hands, add more stuff to his belt and a few other details.

I was a bit worried about how to set up the scene with all these highpoly models in the end, I didnt want to set up displacement for everything, and take it over to maya and get everything to work. Its just time consuming and no fun.

But then I realized that zbrush have this very cool thing called Decimaion Master ! :smiley:
I tried it and the results looks very good. I will be able to have my 5-million models down to 300-500 k and it will look good enough for the big scene.
Im so glad I realized this, now I have no obstacles and the endresult will be awesome. :smiley: :+1:

Im done with the Giant for now. Moving on to the next model, the guard!

Just blocking the proportions for the guard here, will start with the clothes for him tomorrow.

Loving this!!! Your detail on the giant is amazing!!! His expression is just like the original image.

Awesome!!!

Looks very promising…

stunning sculpting and style, really like it. The only thing I would say is the giants hand looks a bit over wrinkly compared to the rest of him. It’s only a small thing. Other than that great work :smiley:

That giant looks great man! Nice finish.

Hey, thanks a lot for the kind replies! Im so happy you like it! :smiley:

About the hands you are absolutly right scottleroc , was just looking back at the original image and I see I overdid the wrinkles a bit.
Thanks, this is exactly the kind of feedback I need. :slight_smile:

Ill post some updates later tonight probably.

Cheers!