Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Yeap I will, I need that encouragement, Thanks DustinBrown and Guringo
    Trying the impossible make you accomplish the possible

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Just a Quick update, I took your advice and im focused now in the torso and the arms, im giving muscle to the arms and "creature ribs" to the torso, but its just a small update still need a lot of work on it. Cheers have a nice valentine Zbrushers

Untitled-1.jpg

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Pls crit or give your opinions I need them

Small updateupdatee.jpg

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Hey karmajf,

I agree with DustinBrown that rigorous study and practice are essential. However, don't neglect the flip side...

And sorry for this long-winded response -- not sure it's all that helpful for this phase of this piece, but hopefully it is helpful in the big picture.

Try simply playing with the medium -- pushing surfaces around with absolutely no specific goals in mind. Learn how the surface reacts to different brushes and settings. Create crisp, lumpy, gnarly, fluid, subtle, smooth, etc. effects -- that represent nothing in particular. It's important to understand, and get comfortable with, the medium and tools.

Working from references and trying to exactly replicate forms can inhibit this aspect of learning and refining your chops. To paint well with traditional oils for example, you need to understand the way various brushes react, what balances of oil, turpentine and pigment to use, how different substrates effect the process. Same is true of digital media -- especially poly-sculpting -- a very rich and complex medium.

Again, these two notions -- rigorous study and practice, and playful exploration of the medium -- are complementary. Both are needed if you wish to achieve not only competence and craft, but artistry and style as well.

Best Wishes,
    Darrel

Thanks a lot Darrel, Ill try to open my mind And of course hard study it's the best option, the short path its not always the best option, atm im reading a book to learn more about Zbrush and I will keep the hard studies so that great pieces can come to life someday. Hard work Hard work Hard work

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

I didnt like how the base was done, so I'm playing a bit with it, trying to find a good one, and I'm also playing with the rocks in order to give them a less smooth look. Tanks for watching

C&C are welcome (finally I understand what C&C means lol)
    floor.jpg floor.jpg

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Quote Originally Posted by guringo
    Karmajf,

I appreciate how you're 17, I'm 46, and you are asking for feedback, so here's my 2-bit...

It's looking better, and yet, that's actually a bad thing - cuz you're on the wrong track, so to speak..

Why are you spending time recreating some other artist's 2D version of a monster? Let alone one by a drooling doodler who opted to wing it on his purported 'talent'.

And just so I'm clear, this "Fists of Ironwood" is one uninspired, convoluted assortment of bones, horns and thorns, humongous fists on toothpick arms, gratuitous troll bling-bling,
    one missing set of chomps, and the compulsory foul scowl of every demented mutant since ever...

Listen to DustinBrown. Focus on human anatomy. Diligently so- replicate a human to the nth degree, (a head, for starters), use reference, hone in on the nuances and stick to it... persistence is fertile.

However discouraging and/or overwhelming it may be at first (and at times) - don't compromise! All of (your) Art boils down to (your) INTEGRITY; integrity > fidelity > quality.

To this end, think of talent as gonorrhea -you don't have it, you don't want it, it will only breed complacency and make it next to impossible for your mind to accept the training and work before you -and that's how you can achieve results that others will ascribe to said talent.

Read "Outliers" by Malcolm Gladwell; mastery amounts to 10,000 hrs invested in *proper* training.

Once again, it all boils down to integrity; personal and artistic, as it were. Maturity will come on its own,

all the best to you, -G

o come on.. don't be too tough on him

as right as you are, I think every artist would have a stage where they would want to create something they think is cool, regardless of not having enough experience to finish it... At his age, I think it's actually good for him to try out all kind of stuffs and get a feeling of how to make a 3d model first.. If he's serious about this business, sooner or later he will realise that it's important to focus on the anatomy...

to the OP, gur was right .. it's easy to put all kind of alpha/deformation on your model to make it look cool, but at the end it is the understanding of anatomy that is important... so keep that in mind... However, I think it's actually good for you to experience all kind of different stuffs as long as you are having fun.

Don't get discourage by the feedbacks.. your model isn't bad, just that you could do so much more if you can focus on some basic human anatomy before you move on to modeling a monster.. I have seen people stuck at this stage because they are blind with all kind of cool alpha they can put on their models in zbrush, so just remember what gur said today and try to improve your anatomy knowledge after you have enough fun.
    Last edited by Piggy; 02-16-10 at 08:53 PM.

thanks piggy and guringo no discouragment, not at all. About what piggy said, I want to do this for the rest of my life ;D I fell in love with zbrush.
    The problem atm its that I can't hard study as much as I want, because its my last year of school, so Im full of projects, but after that hard study, hard study, and I'll turn anatomy master hehe

But while I dont Ill try to give this creature a bit of human likeness to be more realistic. Thanks for all. Always having fun
    Last edited by karmajf; 02-19-10 at 01:18 PM.

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Good evening

The body is finished, hope you like it.
    I think that maybe tonight I'll be able to finish the base and post the finish sculpt. Thanks for wathching

C&C are welcome

Untitled-1.jpg
    Last edited by karmajf; 02-19-10 at 02:11 PM.

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Member Follow User Gallery

Wow dude... I love that base idea. Looking good!
    My Meager Works - 2010

<witty comment></witty comment>

Default Finish

Hi all I Finish the sculpt of Fists of Ironwood hope you enjoy it
    Here its some pics of it

Untitled-1.jpg

A close up with a litlle of photoshop just for fun

ZBrush Document.jpg

And here its the link with the turntable

3D jam #4 FIsts of Ironwood

C&C are welcome and Good Luck to all
    Last edited by karmajf; 02-21-10 at 02:00 PM.

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

i think u r already improving. good work man. also i was wondering r u using a tablet or just a mouse?

Mouse :S its a bit harder to give clean lines and that, but im thinking in buying an Intuos4, but at the moment only mouse. why?

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

Member Follow User Gallery

That's my next purchase too... should have it in a couple days. Man your bust there is really looking great. Are you planning on detailing everything to give it a grungy look or keep the smooth look that you've got going now?
    My Meager Works - 2010

<witty comment></witty comment>

becoz a tablet is essential with zbrush

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast