Default 3d Jam #4: Hawkman - FrancoDeRosa

Hey Everyone, so here is my sketch for my entry... I will be doing The Hawkman. Goodluck to everyone involved!!!

Thanks
    -F

HawkmanBust_sketch.jpg
    Last edited by FrancoDeRosa; 02-07-10 at 02:07 AM.

Default WIP post 1

Im new to this site so hopefully Im doing this right.... Anyways, here is my progress from my first session with this sculpt. Attached are images of my basemesh and level 5. I will be working in symmetry for the most part until it comes to finalizing the expression, pose, and such. I think I will do another session or so with the bust before I start on the helmet and other accessories. Please feel free to C&C

Thanks
    -F

hawkman_wip_screen1.jpg hawkman_wip_screen2.jpg
    Last edited by FrancoDeRosa; 02-02-10 at 10:14 AM.

Default WIP post 2

Today I worked on refining the brow, and expression. I decided to try a more intense/ angry expression. Next I will be working on his gear. C&Cs welcome.

Thanks
    -F

hawkman_wip_screen6_close.jpg hawkman_wip_screen3.jpg hawkman_wip_screen4.jpg hawkman_wip_screen5.jpg hawkman_wip_screen6.jpg

Default WIP post 3

Here is a small update, I started the chest plate and straps. More to come tomorrow. C&Cs welcome

Thanks
    -F

hawkman_wip_screen7.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

wonderful love the sculpt and expression

Thanks man! I really appreciate it

Default WIP post 4

Well its been a couple days since I was able to post... its been one of those weeks... Anyways here is my progress from the last 2 nights. My plan from here is to finish the helmets wings, and shoulder armor. After that I will move into refining and detailing the sculpt.

Thanks
    -F
    hawkman_wip_screen8.jpg hawkman_wip_screen9.jpg hawkman_wip_screen10.jpg
    hawkman_wip_screen11.jpg

Its looking really good, keep it up
    Trying the impossible make you accomplish the possible

Blog

Facebook - Friend me up

this looks great...cant wait to see it finished!

Default WIP post 5

karmajf and sarakawa: thank you for the kind words

so here are the wings for the helmet. I deviated from my original sketch design. After a couple trys to get the wings looking right with the helmet design, I found this sketch from a google image search...
    hawkman_helmet_ref.jpg
    This inspired me to go with a more fabricated look to the wings of the helmet. Especially since I went with harder lines in the mask, I felt something like this would make more sense. C&Cs welcome... Shoulder armor coming right up. hawkman_wip_screen13.jpg hawkman_wip_screen14.jpg
    hawkman_wip_screen12.jpg

Default WIP post 6

Below are images of the shoulder armor. I tried to give the armor a bit of a feather feel, ya know being hawkman and all... But still Im going for that man made feel to them. Like they were custom made for him out of iron or some kind of metal.

From here I will move to finalizing this piece, details, pose, and the base the bust will stand on. More to come...

Thanks
    -F

hawkman_wip_screen15.jpg hawkman_wip_screen16.jpg hawkman_wip_screen17.jpg

Default WIP post 7

Hey all, here is my latest progress. I still have to pose the head a bit, and add finer details to the face, neck and chest. I will be adding subtle pores and refininge some wrinkles, oh, and of course, give this guy some nipples.. poor guy, had to wait this long for them ...more to come.... C&Cs always welcome.

Thanks
    -F
    hawkman_wip_screen18.jpg hawkman_wip_screen19.jpg hawkman_wip_screen20.jpg

It's a very nice sculpt. I know you're going for an angry facial expression, but it looks more like he smells something bad. The expression is the only thing keeping this from being A+. Gather some photo references of angry faces.

Default Hawkman Final Submission

Well here it is, as always there is things I could improve on, but Im going to have to call it a day. Thanks again to everyone for their comments, and good luck to everyone involved! This contest has been most fun

Thanks
    -F

dustinbrown: Thank you especially for your comment, I hear what your were saying, and I took your advice. Thanks for lookin out!

hawkman_front_sm.jpg hawkman_Rside_sm.jpg hawkman_Lside_sm.jpg

640x480:http://vimeo.com/9721252
    HD: http://vimeo.com/9721185
    Last edited by FrancoDeRosa; 02-24-10 at 08:40 PM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

awesome!