Default 3d Jam #4: Miranda Lawson Mass Effect 2 - Edrice Waliyar

Beginning of the thread here .

Little update, did the eyelashes, first pass at skin detail. Still working on the body. Next up finishing the body, and merge it with the face.

06.jpg

Made a lot of tweaks to the face. Finished the body, now to merge the two.
    07.jpg

Finished the base mesh for the body, ready to go into zbrush for detailing. I need to to bit of the chest and the hair. I did some tweaks to the face again as well.
    13.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	basemesh.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	371.8 KB 
ID:	178804  

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Edrice!
    entirely good work and I really digg forms in hand/forearm area - its really cool.
    But I guess that facial still need some improvements. I recommend you to check this tutorials - http://www.stanprokopenko.com/blog/2009/07/draw-lips/
    lips.jpg

Thanks for the link! I'll be sure to look at it when I go back to working to the face.

Did a first cloth pass.
    ZBrush Document.jpg
    Last edited by edrice; 02-02-10 at 06:05 AM.

nice work edrice and eof 3d i cant thank u enough 4 the link

Finished the base mesh for the hair. Tried to mimic the hair flow from the game captures. Big hair strands are made of boxes that I kept separate to be easier to work with in zbrush. Small hair strands are made with spline converted to editable polys. Did the polygroups on the face should make my life easier, mostly for working on the lips.

14.jpg

Little Wip, did a lot of tweaks everywhere. A lot of work on the face. Started a bit of polypainting.

17.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

The face looks a little...I'm not sure. It's either too small, too high up in the face's planar region, or a combination of the two. Not by much, mind you, but she has a definite Rosie O'Donnell facial structure happening. You might want to soften the jawline down a bit in the fascia parotideo masseterica; that might be causing it.

Lol I see what you mean. I'll see what I can do.

Try something like this. I only spent 5 minutes in Photoshop, but you get the idea. Also the texture or shadows are giving her like a 5 o'clock shadow on her face and upper lip. (Not Rosie....Kurt Russel in drag) LOL. Looks good otherwise!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TWEAKED.jpg 
Views:	710 
Size:	170.9 KB 
ID:	179280  

Bigger lips and eyes/eyebrows, narrowed jawline, thinner nose. Raised the face and enlarged it a little. Hope it helps...

Hey Hyde thanks for the input. I'm not going to follow you to much on this one. You're giving me pointers on how to achieve a more feminine model, when I'm trying to get some likeness.

Member Follow User Gallery

Actually, if you go here:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/ma...iranda_ME2.png

You'll see that she does have much larger lips, eyes, and eyebrows. Her nose, from what I can see, is okay in the original Rosie-esque picture, but the rest of her features needed to be enlarged or toned down to accommodate it. Sorry for the link instead of a picture, but I'm at work and can't convert .png to .jpg with MS Paint. When I get home I'll try to do this up a little better.

Hey, thanks for the backup Losgunn. I agree with you, in retrospect the nose should be a little bigger than the one I did, but I think edrice's version is a little too bulbous still, which makes it look bigger from the front view. I like the work, but someones likeness can get thrown-off so much by just one single element being off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast