Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default 3d Jam #4:Samuel L. Jackson/Jules(Pulp Fiction) - Sinzalot

Hey all, well I started playing around with another character and ended up liking him more than my first idea. Update coming very soon!

Ok here's my start reference...

comp.jpg

R.I.P Wile E Coyote
    Still sad because you`re not going to model him, but of course I wish you good luck with this one.

Here's where I started, early base and my original direction...

comp1_web_500k.jpg

Hey Mon, cheers, yeah i'm sad Wile.E ain't gona make it...but hey, I'll do my best with Samuel!

After modelling the first 'Samuel' I was pretty please, but thanks to Firebert over at CGhub...a likeness was missing so I set about that problem.

Here's where I'm at now...

New_samuel_395k.jpg

I like the style of this. It's nice and clean. The head on the right looks more like him than the left one does.
    "Whoever controls the media, the images, controls the culture." - Allen Ginsberg

Just looking at the hair at the mo...(cheers smallone3D!) here's my work from today (I think it's looking much better and close to the original reference)

Hope you like

@ webhead: Thanks mate!

Samuel_latest_hair.jpg

Hey Matt.. me again. The last one is looking great! How did you make the hair?? It`s looking very cool! And which matcap are you using?

PS: I just saw that there are a lot of images from your model in the bottom row.

It`s the best if you only have one thumbnail at the same time in the bottom row. Of course you can upload more images. All you need to do is change ATT into ATN..
    Hmm.. I just caaaaan`t explain it well, so please see here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...t=68060&page=1
    I know you`re pretty new here, or to be exact -- you didn`t post here often. That`s why I pointed that out.

Awesome work! The hair is really nice. Would you mind sharing more on how you did it? Looks tedious. Its really lookin like Samuel!
    Life Is The Temporary Break Away From Nothingness.

Cant even believe the first model evolved to this.
    Great work!

New Member Follow User Gallery

these look really cool especially the afro hair.

could you post more details on how you made the hair in the last two pictures?

hey all,

Moni-Poroni: Hiya, thanks! cheers for the support and the helpful info

Aberrant: Thanks mate! I will indeed share my hair technique with ya a bit later if that's ok...still lots to do

Disco Stu: Cheers buddy, yeah he's coming on...slowly

hymire: Thankyou, i'm chuffed with the latest afro, miles better. I'll post more details about the afro soon!

Here's my latest addition, i'm adding the briefcase from the film as a bust stand...not quite sure it works, let me know what you think!

Samuel_Brief_web.jpg

Nice caricature! I really like the technique you used for the hairs; it looks very good. Although there is a slight color/shader variation that separates the strands from the rest, but once you get this tweaked, it will blend together perfectly.

Keep us posted!

dude i love this and I see the lettering of pulp fiction will be the mysterious glowing object in the case... that is a killer touch best one I have seen yet of all the busts nice 1!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast