Arrow Soliloquy (Pain)

Hi there, this is my newest work "Soliloquy". Made in ZBrush and brought into C4D via the great Decimation Master-Plug In.
    Rendered in fryrender. No postwork except some subtle grain, chrom. ab. and color degeneration (like always). Hope you like!

js-pain.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very nice.
    I love fryrenderc4d how long did you let it render?

Very cool. My only crit is that the ear detail seems too sharp and rigid. The transition from high point to low point should be more subtle. Other than that, you've nailed the expression and the image looks great!

very nice..i love it very much.keep it up...what is his reason for such a pain?i too suffers

Member Follow User Gallery

Default !

Great job! Very impressive.

What kind of shader did you use for the teeth?

C h e e r s !
    P a u l o W.

Just... wow! Really good. My only crit would be the eyebrows. You'd actually get more realism by texture painting them I think. But what a fantastic sculpt!

Hi there!

@Disco Stu: Hey thanks! Well, for screen resolution it's around one hour to get it clean. But like I do often, I let the final cook one or two days and do something else in the meantime (music-related)

@Teyon: Thanks, there's always room for improvement

@mohamed raoof: Thank you, it's for free interpretation

@PawWS: Thanks - I combined a Dielectrics-Layer with an SSS-Layer. Could be a little more rough, though.

@Etcher: Thanks

@EricShawn: Thanks - okay, those are not the best eyebrows I ever did, but I would never ever paint them on the texture

Some Screenshots

soliloquy-zbrushscreens01.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soliloquy-zbrushscreens02.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	182097  
    Last edited by str13d3r; 02-21-10 at 07:14 AM.

hEY VERY COOL EXPRESSION! Sorry for the caps I must have pressed it by accident when toggling menus in zbrush trying to press tab If you're gonna work on it some more, I'd suggest to work on the ears, there are a little more features to them...usually

Bye

Hi John, I agree with that in principle about the eyebrows too, until I saw Rick Baker's (monstermaker) Bela Lugosi Dracula here: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...3&page=2&pp=15

Rick says he painted those eyebrows onto the texture in that pic on that page.

Now obviously you wouldn't want such bushy eyebrows as that on your excellent guy, but it does show that sometimes the "less is more" adage can work.

How did you do the eyebrows on your red-headed girl in Willpower? http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=061464

Her eyebrows look awesome! Just a soft thing like that (but less feminine) would make this guy perfect!

But it's already Top Row IMHO.
    Last edited by EricShawn; 02-21-10 at 11:21 AM.

@EricShawn: Thank you very much! The Eyebrows on the "Willpower"-Girl are made in the same way as the Eyebrows of the "Soliloquy"-Guy: It's polygon hairs! I did just a better job there :blush: Next time I will do better again

@cherub_rock: Thanks, I've used references from an ear of a very old guy. Seems like if we get older, we loose features