Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's a great looking hand study! The tutorial was great as well, clear, concise and methodical.

Thanks, more on the way soon : )

Member Follow User Gallery

A pretty good walkthrough of building stuff up from reference. Was part 3 meant to be silent?

Thanks! Yeah by third video the workflow stuff is broken down, and it would just get repetitive. Check the reference, move brush, build an area up with clay tubes, settle it back down with flatten, dam_Standard if needed, check reference, etc.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Good Tutorial!!

Thank you very much!

Having some fun with keyshot.

i love the materials.
    are they made in keyshot?

grtz p

Thumbs up So...

...cool!
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Hey, love the color play! Very cool shapes!

Really liking your 4R7 course, on Digital Tutors.

Cool morph target trick, to make the front vent -- and FINALLY I got the hang of ZB Retopology!

Looking forward to the Keyshot parts -- thanks for adding to the 4R7 DT curriculum.

Default Art for Anki OverDrive

These models were created for Anki OverDrive. I used Zbrush for the modeling and rendered them with Keyshot and Photoshop. I relied heavily on Zmodeler and Dynamic Subdivision to keep my geometry clean and easy to work with.

Learn more about OverDrive at Anki.com.

realy nice, clean models. and good balance in details vs clean soft surfaces
    particularly the middle one

Wow that's really cool!

I was interested in building a vehicle and wanted to explore blending ZBrush and Fusion on a challenging high poly model. I found a couple concepts I really liked, put them together, and this is the result. I've included some information on the modeling process, but if you have any additional questions please feel free to post them here. If you'd like to learn more, I have plenty of tutorials available over at www.IsaacOster.com.

Special thanks to Ignacio Bazán Lazcano and Sergey Kondratovich for the concepts.

http://neisbeis.deviantart.com/
    https://www.artstation.com/artist/kondratovich

Thanks for checking it out!

Here's a little bit of information about how I built the tank. Happy to answer any questions you might have.

I really loved the base of the original concept, but I wanted something a little more traditional for the turret. I grabbed a few turrets from similar concepts until I found something closer to what I had in mind.

Zbrush is a really flexible platform for exploring ideas and is the hub of my modeling process. I started by blocking out the main forms in Zbrush. I used both dynamesh and zmodeler to build these basic shapes.

This is pretty good example of the process. I usually begin with dynamesh, clip, and transpose, then retop, and finish with zmodeler to add any additional detail.

Here are a few examples of a few of the pieces before and after the Fusion pass. Check out the video for a more in-depth look.

If you'd like to learn more about working with Fusion 360, check out my free intro series here:
    http://www.isaacoster.com/?page_id=2405

Here's a few more progress shots. I continued tweaking proportions right up to the end of the modeling process.

Did the retop in zbrush. Some might argue that Zbrush's retop tools aren't all that great, but I prefer working with one application whenever possible.

I did the main UV unwrap with 3DS Max, packed them with UV Layout, and set up the edge smoothing in Maya. Textures were baked out at 4k x 8k. I reduced the the texel density for areas of the model with less visibility.

This is the final albedo map, without decals. Most of this was created with Quixel. I added the orange stripes with a vertical gradient as a separate operation in photoshop.

I made a decal sheet and turned it into a bunch of decals in max. I think I ended up with three super simple materials in Marmoset. Each material was a different color. You can see a few ideas here that didn't make the cut.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314 LastLast