ZBrushCentral

Robertrageson - Sketchbook

Batman The Dark Knight.jpg

while not exactly Zbrush, i made this in 3dsmax a few years ago before i even knew what Zbrush was. but i would like it to be the first image of my sketchbook thread because its the best piece i have done.

currently i am working on an interpretation of Cable from the X-Men comics. My version will be a “what if they were going to make a live action movie”. i have some changes in mind to make him more believable, but nothing that will go so far away from his comic books roots that you wont recognize him…well thats my hope at least. right now i am building all my base meshes in 3dsmax and unwrapping as i already have a good idea of where i want to go with him.

stay classy zbrushcentral…

Cool Batman! I like the lighting and ambiance! It fits the Dark Knight well. I can’t wait to see your version of Cable.

cool i like your idea , very dramatic . btw ’ stay classy ’ is that a reference to dudley in ssf4? or perhaps i just overdo the street fighter fanatacism lol

cheers man,
damien

Woon Great job i love the rain effect !
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

@mayadamien “stay classy” is actually a reference to a movie, Anchorman The Legend of Ron Burgundy starring Will Ferrel.

thanks for the comments guys!

working on my base meshes for Cable, boots are modeled and unwrapped, pants are unwrapped, jacket is unwrapped. the vest is going to get lots of details and pouches/ammo etc etc. trying to get one or two things done each time i get a chance to work on him. i imagine its going to be a little while before i start in Zbrush.

I got sidetracked while doing concept work on Cable, decided i wasnt pushing my idea far enough so i am rethinking some things. still working on anatomy though and so spiderman came about from sculpting on my base body.

Spiderman wip ZB.jpg

Nice topology and base mesh for the Cable sculpt. The Spiderman sculpt looks interesting too!

interesting sculpt on the spiderman !, really curious about the finished model will be.:smiley:

first pass on drawing the webbing, right now its done with poly paint so after i am happy with it i will redraw it in photoshop and clean it up some. still have to add the spider logo’s front and back etc etc. and this is probly the final pose i am going to go with. C&C welcome

Spidey update wip.jpg

I am working on a Female body base mesh for sculpting in zbrush and i could use some help with the proportions. I would like her to look like an Adam Hughes female comic book character when she is done. Please, any help would be appreciated.

female proportions.jpg

new head.jpg

working on sculpting a head and a quick polypaint in zb3.5

practice practice practice

3 piece clothing set for a heavy male, design to be interchangeable pieces.

hm3 HighPoly Sculpt.jpg

working on a new head in my limited free time. i did a poly paint on him but after working on it some more i get those weird non-colord pixols on the mesh and i dont know why. the hair is just temp as i wanted to get the hair line defined before i add hair either by sculpt or importing a new object and sculpting that.New head sculpt.jpg

took the head i posted earlier and tried to push it farther along, the hair is just to visualize the hair line. appreciate any feedback
sculpted head.jpg

yes, a definite improvement. better proportions, more defined shapes and overall more character to it and the eyes aren’t that far apart anymore. still a little too far apart, but it’s almost there. :slight_smile:

I liked the shape of this guys head so i may work on the textures and actually do some sort of presentation image of a completed head.
critiques welcomed.

head sculpt.jpg

I am having a hard time with females. They dont look “pretty” or something…

i can’t model nice girls. but maybe try this:

the eyes are correct height wise, but they need to be wider

the lips are correct heigh wise, but they don’t need to be so wide

not too sure, but maybe increase the depth of the chin, to make it more sharper while retaining the same width

working on another head, this time a regular guy