Member Follow User Gallery

@Santis - Thanks very much for your comment... I know things fall through the cracks a lot around here lol... It means a lot to hear someone actually say they like something I have done. Never really had any real feedback - so thanks for that!

@SpiritDreamer - First let me say thanks for your comment... I love the idea of turning this into a cuttlefish type creature - at least I love the image that sparked up in my head when I read that. Whether I can actually recreate the image in my head - well we will see... you know how that works. And no thanks is needed for my comments man - credit where credit is due - and you sir deserve some credit!
    My Meager Works - 2010

<witty comment></witty comment>

Default New little guy here...

Can I get some opinions on the most effective way to create wings within ZBrush? I am trying to keep this one 100% Z-produced...

ZBrush Document.jpg
    My Meager Works - 2010

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Awesome... this character's cool!

Thanks Obbi! It means a lot that you say that! Your work has been a HUGE inspiration to me - the Sea Dragon is one of my all time favorite pieces of work that I have seen on this website! Thanks for stopping in! I will try not to disappoint!
    My Meager Works - 2010

Senior Member Follow User Gallery
    The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Well this looks good so far. Not sure what version you are using of ZB, but in my signature you will see a link to the Zsphere thread. Its been dormant a bit as I have been busy and ZB is going through major prolonged changes, but the fundamentals still stand.

Specifically wing instructions are in another thread that has helped many.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...dragon+origins

Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Thanks for the comments and the links Jason! I am using r3 and I know about and have used magnet spheres in the past - but when I created my magnets for the wings on this one I am not quite achieving what I am looking for. So I got to thinking about different methods of creating them... I might go ahead and use the magnets and then retopo. Thinking about playing around with a few other ideas - might just through a plane on there and extract some polys with a bit of thickness...

Another thing that comes to mind is that when I was using magnet on this model - I was actually building the wings into the body - all as one tool. Classic skinning was screwing up a lot of the parts of the body - so I turned it off and deleted my magnets. Now that I have split the wings into their own tools I might give it another go.

Thanks again though man - any info is better than none!
    My Meager Works - 2010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12