Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hi Michalis

Excellent end results on these last few explorations of yours
    Don't know how you got there..doesn't matter to my way of thinking...only the end result matters...whatever works ...works, and getting there by whatever means necessary is the name of the game..

Glenn

Thank you Glenn.
    How I got there. After realizing that half of zbrushing is just displacements, I guess so.
    And recently, displacements on loops.
    I will come back soon with my usual sculpting studies.
    A different one. Organic projections.

That looks realy nice man.

spectacular image

Cat Man ?
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

Is this just Zbrush or or did you use the Blender UV editor? Would you mind to post a pic of the alphas you have used for this one?

Thank you all.
    @stone3d, I used zbrush to sculpt a panel, a relief. Then baked the depth and an AO map. The rest is a matter of the blender UV editor. No alphas. OK, depth map can be considered as an alpha, but aligning the topology to a more or less geometrical alpha is something that zbrush can not do. The lack of a good UV editor. (blender has a terrific UV editor, one of the best, BTW)
    You can easily transfer all these (being basically a UV displacement) in zbrush and have more fun. As you can subdivide to lots of millions faces (Zb) and apply displacement. Many possible ways under such a workaround)

Aside from the Cat man piece which is great, I actually found a Blender for Dummies book today in a junk Shop for 2$,
    Its great , thanks again for tuning me on to Blender.... Deke
    ...email me
    ...on facebook
    “Time's the thief of memory”

Thanks for your explanation. I will try your technic as soon as I finished my last project. I´m using Modo, I tried Blender but it would cost me to much time to learn it. I know how to get a similar effect in Zbrush but it is more random, your method has the advantage that you get what you see in the UV editor.

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    Thank you all.
    @stone3d, I used zbrush to sculpt a panel, a relief. Then baked the depth and an AO map. The rest is a matter of the blender UV editor. No alphas. OK, depth map can be considered as an alpha, but aligning the topology to a more or less geometrical alpha is something that zbrush can not do. The lack of a good UV editor. (blender has a terrific UV editor, one of the best, BTW)
    You can easily transfer all these (being basically a UV displacement) in zbrush and have more fun. As you can subdivide to lots of millions faces (Zb) and apply displacement. Many possible ways under such a workaround)

Thank you Deke
    Thanks stone3d, I didn't had much time test modo but I'm sure it has lot of the tools you need.
    Meanwhile, this 10mins doodle, completely in zbrush. Using my blender method. ZBrush grabbed document (a subdivided-sculpted panel) as alpha and UV "editor". Displacements. This came up. It's not more than 300k, no subtools. (bumps added). After LVXIFER"s wonderful posts.

And, just keeping in touch, a blender only construction, playing with UVs, and baking displacements and AO maps (about these maps, it's the first time you see cycles baked maps. Experimental but of great quality already). ~90k model, after subdivisions.
    Last edited by michalis; 02-08-13 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by michalis View Post
    w7TN.jpg
    Thanks splodge, SpiritDreamer.
    Some more details, more crisp now.

the zbrush render
    wrestlerZB2.jpg

the blender render composition.
    TheWrestler#9.jpg
    Blender really brings out the relief on your digital sculpture! Do you use displacements maps and UV mapping? I haven't really tried any apps outside of Zbrush4 yet in my workflow. It seems daunting.

Well, I feel dumb, I didn't check to see the pages after the first... your latest technological squid and complex projections on the human figure are very impressive and fun looking! The squid is a real delight. Having fun with panel loops and edge loops?

You Zbrush masters just amaze me every day...
    Last edited by ButtercupSaiyan; 02-08-13 at 10:28 AM.

Hey, thank you.
    These were some years ago. ZBrush 3 and blender 2.49.
    Exported after retopology, baking of a displacement and a normal map. Into the old, awful, Blender internal renderer.
    Many things have changed since. Zbrush has many great new tools, blender has a wonderful render engine (cycles).

But, nevermind. I will come back with new classical sculpting studies, sooner or later. It's a habit, I can't resist.
    Last edited by michalis; 02-08-13 at 11:03 AM.

Just keeping in touch
    These in ZB-BPR, two subtools +displacements +deforming + Ps

welcome back michalis!