Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Fantastic image!
    Love the light and nice sculpt
    -JELLE VAN DE WEGHE-
    sketchbook

Wow Michalis. I'm tempted to say this is your best piece so far. In every aspect - sculpting, lighting, texture, expression etc...
    really wonderful.

funny enough I just recently also decided to split my sss passes in a yellowish front and a red back pass,- simulating traditional sss shaders.

ps.:hopefully I'll post my current project after the weekend. it will be my last private piece to post in this year and for a while to go, because I'm already occupied with work for a game which I can't show before its release.

Man, that's a lovely the piece. I would have gone with something that contrasts more for the background, but that aside, the render really shows off the sculpt wonderfully. Nice job.
    2011 wip thread
    Old wipdump
    sheaspina.com -- 20thVariant.com
    livestream
    Quintessential starving artist
    info@sheaspina.com

Thank you,
    Cherub, Floydshayvious, d_lavega, Julian, sheaspina.

A hellenistic wonder from attic school brought us to life by another greek talent.
    Many thanks for sharing lights setup
    ... but why the fish is angry? have no reason .
    Good Luck Michalis and Merry Christmas to you too !

Thank you HiPi, the fish is angry after what happened with the faun.
    There was another figure in the scene but perspective zbrush camera messed the whole thing. A well known issue. Perspective zb camera messes the behavior of tools and sss as well. I'm wondering if it also messes displacement or normal maps, cavity or AO.

Always Inspiring,..So keep Inspired..

MERRY CHRISTMAS Michalis

Question - Beloved Osho, Does knowledge of the Esoteric play any role on the path of awareness? Osho - No. No knowledge -- esoteric or otherwise -- plays any role on the path except that of hindrance. Innocence helps, knowledge hinders. Be a child -- full of wonder, without knowing anything.

One Indian saint was very much respected in India. There were only two men in India who were called mahatma. One was Mahatma Gandhi -- `mahatma' means `the great soul' -- and the second was Mahatma Bhagwandin. This second man used to stay with me whenever he passed the city I was living in.

I used to go for a morning walk, for a night walk, and he was also very much in love with going for a walk. He was an old man, but immensely knowledgeable; he knew the names of all the trees -- Latin names, Greek names -- all the flowers. He was almost a walking encyclopedia.

I told him, "You have wasted your whole life. What is the point of remembering all the names of all the trees in the garden, all the flowers? You are so much concerned with knowledgeability that you cannot enjoy the beauty. I don't know any of the names of these trees and I don't have to -- because they don't talk, I don't have to call them. What is the point of knowing their names? You are not a botanist. You are not a physician" -- because he knew what flower, what leaves can be used for what disease.

I said, "These things are for experts. You are considered to be a spiritual man, and these things I don't think belong to spirituality."

He was very angry. He said, "Everybody has appreciated my knowledge. In fact, everybody feels awe at my knowledge of things around the world. You are the first person who has insulted me."

I said, "I have not insulted you. I have simply been trying to make you aware that now you are seventy, soon death will be coming and death will not ask all these names. Death will ask, `Can you be aware or not?'"

But at that time he was very angry and he wouldn't listen. And after eight years he died. Before he died, just two days before, I passed through his city -- he used to stay in Nagpur. So I went to see him, hearing that he is very sick. He was very sick. He had become almost a skeleton. It was sad to see that man. And I said, "What happened?"

He said, "What you have said that day, it seems it is going to happen. Death is coming. I can hear the footsteps. Life is slipping out of my hands. And please forgive me for my anger. You were right. All my knowledgeability is of no use. Had I listened to you, even eight years was enough time to meditate, to become aware, and this time I would not have been sad that death is coming, I would have been excited that the greatest experience in life -- death -- is coming close and I am going to watch it. But I don't think I can. I will become unconscious. I am already losing my consciousness, I am becoming more and more sleepy."
    I said to him, "Just try to remember in the next life at least, don't get too much bothered by unnecessary knowledge -- just to impress people. The essential is very small, and if you can understand the essential your life has been that of a glory, a victory."

Last edited by SpiritDreamer; 12-20-10 at 07:08 PM.

Thanks SD
    Here another one, not inspired from museums this time.
    well, its about a sketch for a poster. Greek citizens made themselves manifests. A fast zbrush 2.5d render with 3DC help.
    A brain recycling mask?
    And special best wishes to 'manzarek123'' for this incredible matcap.

mgr.jpg
    Last edited by michalis; 12-22-10 at 03:24 PM.

4gmth.jpg
    Still doodles, having fun with groboto, 3dc and zbrush of course.
    Testing Julians_K fantastic copper material.
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...t=99509&page=4
    Thanks Julian!
    A one hour fun, topology and UVs included. lol

4gm.jpg

coolness!
    Arda Koyuncu
    Senior Character Artist
    www.ardakoyuncu.com

Yes we aren't in bed once again Julian.
    I didn't take it further, you did it. I used your default settings, just painted a texture.

thanks qoyun.

Fantastic Work!!
    My portfolio | My Sketchboo|My Blog

"The work will teach you how to do it. Just get going, every master was once a novice..."

Hi Michalis

I like your last gas mask sculpt..
    Maybe put it in your museum setting alongside the pieces from antiquity..would make a nice contrast and enhance a sense of the passage of time..Just a passing thought..

Many many..many cool stuff. I especially like your "ancient" sculpts.
    weeeeeeee !