New Member Follow User Gallery

Your works are pretty good. How about your used materials?
    What are your used materials? Could you share them?

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Very fresh! I'd love to see more from you Marcel!

Default Welcome back!

I have always loved your illustrations!!! I so enjoy and love them.. all of them!! Please say you'll post again soon!

wenna

super stuff!

Thumbs up Well Deserved

All of your works are amazing! Great job on everything, especially texturing and rendering!

What render engine did you use?

Congratulations on the top row
    Life Is The Temporary Break Away From Nothingness.

Fantastic illustrations.
    I'm impressed.
    On the verge of reality.
    Creative success to you, Marcel

When i'm start with this software, you and some others are my guru........
    welcome Back

Leo

what skin material is it ?

Thanks

thank you so much for your warm comments!!! that community is always a real pleasure, so kindly!!!..
    for the technical questions,... 1st:the render engine are either Carrara pro, or Modo 401... each of them has it's own particularities, in a nutshell:carrara is more "theatrical", more direct light, smoke, and saturated colors... also, it's fur engine is very easy to handle, so most of the hairs-beard are done in carrara..; Modo, imo, has a more versatile render, allowing subtle light effects, for example lights behind the character, or studio lighting... Of course, it's just my feeling, they can give very different results in other hands!...
    the main point is that some of these pictures are before decimation master, and I always, if I'm not in animation, too lazzy to make a retopology... So, there is not a lot of softwares allowing meshes in the range of the 500000 polys, where I try to stay as a upper limit... Decimation master has greatly (it's an understatement!) helped the illustrators!
    usually, I don't render in zbrush, so I don't use the materials, except for sculpting... For the skin, I don't use a specific shader, but always the same : a texture map of a photographic skin (the da vinci style of naked men and women you can afford on the net), and I add SSS with either a very warm color (usually deep red) , or a cool deep blue...
    Once again, some of these pictures are mixed with photo, not in texturing meaning (they are, too!) but as a part of the picture... If said clearly, it's not a problem, as more and more assignemants, now, are -team work with a photograph, and the ability of zbrush to blend with photo detail is rather perfect!
    One of the more complicated thing, for me, is to deal with the render, in the amount of details, or more precisely in the "depth" of details: in other words, the global illum├╣ination in Modo is going to softly "erase" some details of the sculpture, which are very sufficient in direct lights... so I go often from modo or carrara to zbrush, and back, to soften, of enhance a sculpted part...
    ps: Michel, thank you! you lucky man in kangarroo country... don't come back too quicly in europ, it's cold, and rainy, and greyish, and social problems!...
    Last edited by marcel; 03-21-10 at 04:28 AM.

Default Outstandin!!!!!!!!

Easily one of the best threads i have ever seen!
    Congrats on TOP ^^^^^

talking about pure zbrush pictures, with very few extra modelling, maybe some of you in united states have seen the advertising for amtrak, the train company.. it was a strategy "in negative" , showing the problems going by car, with cartoon version of prototypic drivers: the "overlooker" guy, who drive looking everything except the road (my style, I'm afraid), the biznessman style, making a lot of things more, and , in two versions, the agressive driver, mouth big open, and teeth grinding... ( I was rather surprised, as I drive a lot of times in us, and if the cops have the astonishing ability to fall from the sky as soon as you exceed the speed limit, never been able to understand their trick, I found the agressive driver more "frenarmtrakagressive1.jpg armtrakagressive2.jpg armtrakbizness.jpg armtrakhydra.jpg chie style"... anyway, it's advertising, not truth....)
    Last edited by marcel; 03-21-10 at 04:29 AM.

for montreal zbrushers, an advertising campaign for the park LaRonde, an attraction park.. Thhe idea of the art director was that , on "russian hill" (it's the direct translation from french, not sure of the english name) , guys and girls are yelling of pleasure and fear, and the poor flying animals are hitted by all that expulsed air... the pictures were generally larondebee.jpg larondeseagull.jpg well perceived, although I have found on the net a negative reaction from defensors of animals...on the technical side, the feathers were mapped as a flat texture on the sculpted shape, and a lot of extra feathers larondedove.jpgwere added on alpha plane...
    Last edited by marcel; 03-21-10 at 04:41 AM.

Magnificent Stuff! Really great inspiration!

thank you, Solidsnake! to finish,, some few pictures done just for the pleasure, not assignements... some pastiche of a "root" artist, frank frazetta, the master,paintings so powerful, so full of energy... death messenger, and duellist...
    also, a rather depressive centaur, and an hommage to Mad's character "little anny fanny", a slightly erotisized icon of the seventies...
    centaur.jpg for the mix of zbrush-photo: the napoleonis phone addict: all the characters are models, shooted for the picture, and of course the man-horse statue is zbrush...anniefanny.jpg napoleon.jpg a dandy count dracula, shooted in a rather romantic pose, in depends of a rather ridiculous hair architecture...nosferatu copie.jpg
    a picture on the "gore" style, which I seldom use, and about the children world , mix of cruelty and dream, using the marvellous world of Tintin, the hero of Herg├ę... I'm afraid he is not well known in us, but the future spielberg-jackson movie will made him a true super duellist.jpg hero!!!herge.jpg
    ps: Aurick, or the actual moderator: for me, duellist is just a "girl of paper", an iconic charcater... but if you feel it too nudity, don't hesitate to erase the picture!deathmessenger.jpg
    Last edited by marcel; 03-21-10 at 04:31 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast