ZBrushCentral

Alvaro Buendia Sketchbook

Hi guys

Its been a long time since I post anything on the forums, Ive been really busy at work and working on a personal proyect. but shouldnt be an excuse, so I made a resolution this year to post at least one art piece a month.
I made this couple of images for my upcoming pixologic presentation at wonder con . and one of them I made it for a gnomon master class last year.
thanks everyone.

high resolution image
http://buendiacg.com/3dimages/recent_pics/caveminotaurs.jpg

High resolution image
http://buendiacg.com/3dimages/recent_pics/smoker_1.jpg

High resolution image
http://buendiacg.com/3dimages/recent_pics/merihim_rendered.jpg

![smoker_2.jpg|640x1280](upload://6HBWP6JXMy9kbvsNgBIBdOE8BiT.jpeg)![merihim_1.jpg|1100x1263](upload://v3aMy5NJotsEeqL8N5L6YbjJi0M.jpeg)![Untitled-1.jpg|1100x717](upload://5SIDn7ZA7P2WAVvnYMcVZSwT8Wg.jpeg)![smoker_sketch.jpg|1100x846](upload://tsjDuRoZ0ql4rYOvMj4Uwu9fbfF.jpeg)![Merihim_gray_Pose.jpg|1100x835](upload://knXhn33eZWlu2jJAQzQmOKpdYgs.jpeg)![smoker_closeup.jpg|1032x1256](upload://2DTQoyfyCTa0vqzttCJAlzdLF4i.jpeg)![ZBC1.jpg|140x80](upload://kB0vKBB0Bv2YKEfAbDXDdCDNUm3.jpeg)![caveminotaurs_web.jpg|1100x1018](upload://ilZcFdj4CbpFStvdYC1gOsaL4WD.jpeg)

Attachments

merihim_1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

smoker_sketch.jpg

Merihim_gray_Pose.jpg

caveminotaurs_web.jpg

1 Like

nice work alvaro! I really need to test out the zsketching more! I dig the cigarette guy the most!

Wow, these are good! The bird monster is brilliant, love it!
I’m not to found of the cigarette guy (or actually its just the posted picture) there is just something weird about the leg :
But thats really just a small thing, awesome work!

Wow, absolutely amazing creatures!:+1:
Looking forward to your upcoming updates!

Really cool stuff man! I envy you zsketchers! :stuck_out_tongue:

nice creatures

amazing work

Hows it going Alvaro! Glad to see you posting your work again:D Favorite def is the creature you did for the Gnomon class. The skin detail on it is just superb.

Top notch work as always!

really cool man. I love the designs and especially the way you treat the skin

yeah i like the way you do the skin - especially on the last piece. Good to see new stuff from you :+1:

This is really great work!!!

That Merihim creature is sick, I love it! Well done on all of these.

Wow! This is 5- star awesomness!!! Hieronymus Bosch would’ve loved these guys!! Thanks for posting :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

nice work !!! … i saw this last one in masterclass …you should also post your concepts paintings, they are worth …very good…

AWESOME work here! Man, that are great concepts and the zsketching, sculpting and texturing.

Thumbs up, these ones scream top row to me! :+1:

Very cool!

Love the way you have presented them. Overall well done, also top row! :D:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

awesome!!! great stuff! Good to see your work out there again :smiley:

really nice man

I am a HUGE fan of these sculpts! But I have to say I’m not really amorous about the render that got top row… thought it could have been a better render with some environmental lighting, subsurface, etc. But wow, I’m blown away by the artistic talent in Alvaro’s work here. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very very nice details…Great concepts creatures!!!