ZBrushCentral

ZBrushCentral Interview -- Mass Effect 2

[attach=189970]Banner.jpg[/attach]

Electronic Arts has been on quite a roll lately with some huge titles like Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and Army of Two. All of these games have really pushed the boundaries of graphics on the PC and consoles – visually they are quite simply a feast for the eyes.

A couple months ago, we were proud to provide an interview with the team behind Army of Two: The 40th Day. Now it is our distinct pleasure to follow that up with one for the highly acclaimed Mass Effect 2!

ME2 is quite literally the best-reviewed RPG of all time – receiving that distinction on both the PC and Xbox 360 platforms. Simply incredible, but also well deserved! The game features a great story, fun play that improves upon its predecessor and truly stunning graphics. Check out the awesome trailers and other videos HERE

In this extremely detailed interview (arguably the most comprehensive one we’ve ever done), you’ll get insights into the art of the game from: Derek Watts, Jaemus Wurzbach, Rion Swanson, Kolby Jukes, Leroy Chen and Ken Finlayson. You’ll find great insights into their thoughts and goals as they created the art of the game, as well as how they used ZBrush throughout the project. In addition, you’ll be treated to some great images, many of which have never been seen before and some of which are as large as 3000 pixels in size!

CLICK HERE FOR THE INTERVIEW

Here are a few of the MANY images that are found in the interview. Find them there so that you can see them full size!

[attach=189971]Normandy.jpg[/attach]
[attach=189972]IllusiveMan.jpg[/attach]
[attach=189973]Mordin.jpg[/attach]

Many thanks to the Mass Effect 2 art team for spending so much time providing great answers to our many questions! Pixologic would also like to extend our sincere thanks to Electronic Arts for granting permission!

Use this thread to discuss BioWare’s Mass Effect 2 artwork!

Be sure to also check out our many past interviews, which can be found in the ZBrush Artist Interviews forum and in the Interview Archive. And yes, there’s also a Dragon Age interview in the works!

[attach=189974]Icon2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Banner.jpg

Normandy.jpg

IllusiveMan.jpg

Mordin.jpg

Icon2.jpg

1 Like

sickkkk! Awesome stuff, checking it out now

Your work sucks.
Yay I got second comment.

Great Artwork … everything from characters, environments, lighting looked awesome ingame ! I can imagine a lot of hard work went into this ! Hats off to the team !:slight_smile:

Thank you for another great interview! Thanks especially for the depth of the interview and the high res images. Wonderful to see.

I stopped playing it because I’m getting close to finishing it (I think lol), and
didnt want the awesomeness to stop! Because if I did finish the game what
other game would I play that could replace ME2? I found myself looking at all
of the details on the characters in the closeups more than concentrating on
the story (whoops!!!).

ME2 GOTY :+1:

Thank you for the great interview! Love the stuff as it’s in-depth and very inspiring!

Great interview. Im playing this game at the moment and love how awesome the characters look.

Does not have enough of Miranda… :wink:

Although… I imagine the actress probably had enough of this kind of attention, with the love scene and all - if it was her wish not to appear in the article in any way, well, can’t say I don’t understand that.

Nevertheless, the resemblance is quite good, even with the ingame facial animation; an artistic achievement worthy of mention.

awesome ! great interview once again, thx !
i still would like to see bigger images though…

really nice, but would be cool to see more screens from modeling proces, i mean like a lot more, a lot lot lot more, like everything ;D
Also what the hell, Kolby Jukes actually takes inspiration from someone ? I always thought hes so good he takes inspiration ojnly form himself, one of my fav artist, shame he never updates his website, same goes for Cedric Seaut ;/

Thanks!!! Awe inspiring stuff :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

Great Article! Awesome Work - inspiring as hell! Had a Mass Effect on me!

I can say that this is my favorite video game of all time. Just beating out Halo 3 by a nose. Going though it for the 4th time on the Insanity setting. Beautiful art and gameplay. What a masterpiece! :+1: :+1:

I’d love to see more quality screenshots of the characters like the one of Grunt from Jason Martin’s thread.

wicked interview! amazing work indeed, thanks for the amazing share!

Very inspirational. Thanks for posting this kind of stuff, and more please :slight_smile:

beautiful character work guys!

totally Inpirational!

Awesome game and interview. I really enjoyed to read it. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: