ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge #2

Well the pig challenge was a great success. Thanks for all those who participated. Tonight Dlee drew names from a hat and low and behold Mentat7 got drawn as the new member to pick this weeks challenge. He chose a superhero for the challenge. Here are his comments/rules to follow for this weeks challenge.
:red_circle:<Mentat> 1) A new unique superhero of your own design
:red_circle:<Mentat> 2) Must be from basic human stock and recognizably as human but may have extra appendages such as wings, tails, etc
:red_circle:<Mentat> 3) May have a sidekick (optional), sidekick does not have to be human
:red_circle:<Mentat> 4) Must be rendered with a cel shading or toon shading effect (comic book style)
:red_circle:<Mentat> 5) No background other than a solid color (any color)
:red_circle:<Mentat> oh yes Super Villains can be substituted

So get yer Z all sharpened up and get busy ! The challenge is afoot. Post your images here close to Monday as possible. If you canā€™t wait thatā€™s cool too I guessā€¦Happy Zbrushing

:+1:

You say the challenge is a foot? Is it a superhero, or a foot? Or a superhero foot?

Can we recycle an older model?

No recycling please. It is preferred that you make something new. :slight_smile:

:large_orange_diamond:Oh and let me stress the importance of number 4. It must be rendered with a cel/toon shading effect in the style of comic book art. You may not use an external app to accomplish this. It must be done in ZBrush.

Alright cool. I decide the same thing anyway. :wink:
I mean, whats a challange for if its not to challenge.

These challenges are a great idea for those of you experiencing a creative block.
May they long continue!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

hey! great challenge!! :+1: :+1:

me which wanted to become superhero when I was childā€¦
ahhā€¦
by the wayā€¦
I am still child!!! :smiley: :smiley:

I agree that these challenges are a good idea.
We started something like this some time ago but it was short lived for many reasons. It is nice to see the idea reintroduced and having some succes. It might even get me to do something uncharacteristic.

Thats the spirit DeeVee!
starts chanting
Challenge! Challenge! Challenge!
Marches off to power his Z!

1 hour in the 1.51 creation bin bringsā€”

FATMAN and Blobbin !!!

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1035928699ucd.jpg[/img]

Fatman and Blobbin cominā€™ atcha ! In the Cholesterol Mobileā€”actually there Isnā€™t a Cholesterol Mobileā€“the Dr. said it would be better if they BOTH got some cardioā€¦

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1035929634ynn.gif[/img]

Wellll --What evil lurks when ā€œGramma manā€ ā€“ Snide mannered Grahame Grahamaa --who can turn himself into a man who looks like a Grandmaā€“lifts his iron green apron and squirts the city with jello moldā€¦ooh this is a job for Fatman and Blobbinā€“theyā€™ll have the case licked in NO timeā€”

:mad:

Beware of Mandork the Magician He can steal your cookies with his mind !!!

And Mrs. Mandork the Magician --who has been driven MAD ā€¦by having to say TUH DAAH !! after all of Mandorks tricks !!ā€“and is now is his arch enemy !!

<font color="#949494" size=ā€œ1ā€> November 02, 2002 Message edited by: robotalk </font>

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Fat-tastic, itā€™s the fat clubs fearless fighters from Frotham city. :+1: :+1: :+1:
Dave
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

funny !! :slight_smile:

Iā€™d need more time than a week I think. But Iā€™ll give it a try. :slight_smile:

lolā€¦love it roboā€¦you made me choke up when I first saw thisā€¦ :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

well I am finding this alot harder of a project that I had first envisionedā€¦Number 1 the toon shader is a tricky material for meā€¦since I have never used it. I also made my hero some boots with adaptive skinningā€¦after dividing and smoothing several times they still had that low poly look, but they are actually high polyā€¦so I dont understand what happenedā€¦so I could use some help if anyone has any suggestions in that departmentā€¦she still doesnt have a face or the right hair yetā€¦but this is definitely a learning experience for meā€¦so here is the beginning of my hero chick ā€¦all z and toon shader cept for the fire
SUNSPOT

after dividing and smoothing several times they still had that low poly look, but they are actually high polyā€¦so I dont understand what happenedā€¦so I could use some help if anyone has any suggestions in that departmentā€¦

you probley Wasnā€™t in Edit Mode.

Moved my stuff to page 6ā€¦sorry for the troubleā€¦ :frowning: :wink: :smiley:

<font color="#949494" size=ā€œ1ā€> November 04, 2002 Message edited by: Mahlikus The Black </font>

<font color="#949494" size=ā€œ1ā€> November 04, 2002 Message edited by: Mahlikus The Black </font>

this looks fun :smiley: If I find the time for it Iā€™ll make somethingā€¦

IDOL-Man!

Toon Shading:ToonShader.zip

Donā€™t forget that it has to be toon shaded. The material I used has Specular added, but for skin and cloth, you would probably want to take Specular out. This is my best shot. Maybe someone can come up with some enhanced ā€˜toon-linesā€™.

EDIT: ā€¦ someone didā€¦

IDOL-Man 2

<font color="#949494" size=ā€œ1ā€> November 02, 2002 Message edited by: Jaycephus </font>

hummā€¦ ok ā€¦ I post thisā€¦ for commentā€¦ and for suggestion about Toonā€™s shader, mine is so badā€¦ ( 2 hours testing just for that!!! argh I hate this render!!!)

:confused: :mad: