Member Follow User Gallery

I want just to say something this software is a master piece, i don't know yu guys how you feel hhh but me it start to make me crazy i never saw something like that in my life, zbrush number one in ths owrkd in sculpting and giving a beautiful art.

Thanks to helping all people to grow as a really talent artist, what i like about zclassroom it make the thing so easy to understand thanks for that also,

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Better Video Player

How many times have you had to reload the Zbrush video player because the picture stops moving? It doesn't seem to matter which browser, if I scrub the timeline to go over the instructor's point, once or twice, the video's picture freezes, but the audio continues. Is there some way to watch these vids another way?

BTW. Can you go into wireframe in zbrush and pick verts individually and move them in x,y,z, if you have to?
    Last edited by LoveFest; 11-03-11 at 12:45 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by LoveFest View Post
    How many times have you had to reload the Zbrush video player because the picture stops moving? It doesn't seem to matter which browser, if I scrub the timeline to go over the instructor's point, once or twice, the video's picture freezes, but the audio continues. Is there some way to watch these vids another way?
    BTW. Can you go into wireframe in zbrush and pick verts individually and move them in x,y,z, if you have to?
    If you are using Firefox you can get various video downloaders from the Mozilla site:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...atform=windows

(thats the windows link cause the site noticed I'm using windows)
    Anoyingly I am not alowed to recomend the good one on this site.

Moving the wireframe by point is tricky, you can zoom WAY in to the point you want or you can use the Topology tools, they are either wonderful or appalling depending on who you talk to but you can find information on that here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...y-amp-Flow-Lab

There are more things on this subject but that I think is a great place to start.

Cheers!
    Mealea
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MealeaYing View Post
    If you are using Firefox you can get various video downloaders from the Mozilla site:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...atform=windows

(thats the windows link cause the site noticed I'm using windows)
    Anoyingly I am not alowed to recomend the good one on this site.

Moving the wireframe by point is tricky, you can zoom WAY in to the point you want or you can use the Topology tools, they are either wonderful or appalling depending on who you talk to but you can find information on that here:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...y-amp-Flow-Lab

There are more things on this subject but that I think is a great place to start.

Cheers!
    Mealea
    Thanks, MealeaYing!

Default Zclassroom video suggestion

Hello,

i'm beginner with z.brush . Comment to video: the video and audio comunication is full good, but not all people can follow easy (me too) all discution in english audio, if ... print in video subtitle or icon key use is a good idea then it is more easy to follow by beginner . Example: mudbox use this solution in first video to beginner and it is realy good.

thk jedimangia

Default Sebastien Legrain's tutorial- problem

I have a simple problem that prevents me from further following the tutorial on the building by Sebastien Legrain.
    In the first video, under the unified skin options, he sets the resolution to 8.
    my problem is that my resolution cant go below 16.

thank you.

I have a simple problem that prevents me from further following the tutorial on the building by Sebastien Legrain.
    In the first video, under the unified skin options, he sets the resolution to 8.
    my problem is that my resolution cant go below 16.
    ZBrush changed the way unified skin works since those videos came out. Nevertheless, the techniques demonstrated in the videos are still very valid. When I started learning ZBrush I used to get hung up on the specific numbers and settings presented in training videos. I think it's a natural tendency in oder to reassure ourselves that we are duplicating what we are seeing. Consequently my progress in learning ZBrush was slower than what I had hoped.

I started making real progress when I abandoned my fixation on specific numbers and settings and embraced ZBrush as an artist tool set where the freedom to create and the results thereof trump the methods and methodology used to achieve it. I use the tools to explore as much if not more than exploring the use of the tools; specific numbers and settings become superfluous.

Nuance and philosophical ramblings aside the reason for using the unified skin is what is important in the video. If you look at the cube primitive in frame mode you see that it has non uniform geometry on two sides. The Unified Skin, as the name implies, is a method to aquire an object with uniform geometry for further scultping. So resolution (i.e. number of initial uniform polygons) is less important than having uniform distribution. In this particular case the intialize setting of X = 20 and Y = 20 require at a minimum a Unified Skin>>Resolution setting of 32 to create the base form for the column.

Default Thanks and also...

Thanks, now I'm on the second video and I'm getting this prompt when I try to hit the projection master button:
    "You need to select a 3d tool and place it in the canvas before pressiing the projection master button". I have no idea what to do.

Thanks, now I'm on the second video and I'm getting this prompt when I try to hit the projection master button:
    "You need to select a 3d tool and place it in the canvas before pressiing the projection master button". I have no idea what to do.
    When you draw out any ptimitive it is not scupltable until it is converted to a Polymesh3D (3D Tool) or in this case creating a Unified Skin which is also a "3D Tool".

Once you create the Unified Skin it does not automatically open on the canvas. You will find it in the Tool pallet as an icon with the name Skin_ as the prefix followed by the name of the original object you made the unified skin from.

In this case, unless you renamed the object, it will be Skin_Cube3D_1 or something like that. To bring it onto the canvas all you need do is click on it's icon in the Tool pallet and it will "swap places" with the object on the canvas. From there you can sculpt the object or in this case enter Projection Master to work on the object.

It can be a bit confusing because if you draw out a primitive object and hit the Make PolyMesh3D button in the Tool pallet it converts the object on the canvas into a 3D Tool ready for sculpting, but when you make a Unified or Adaptive Skin it is creating a new 3D Tool based on the original; it doesn't convert the original.

To see this more clearly have the PolyFrame button turned on so you can see the wireframe of the objects.
    Last edited by DLangley; 11-08-11 at 03:52 AM.

Default Projection master edit modes???

When I drag out a line in projection master I want to use the edit tools 'move', 'scale' and 'rotate' to edit the current strokes size, scale and orientation. When I try this it goes into transpose mode but I cant move the stroke/ line. I seen it done in the projection master video tutorial.

One thing to note is that the instructor had a sphere tool instead of the transpose tool?? Would appreciate any help with this.

Default Z Classroom videos will not run

I am trying to use a TRIAL download and follow/use the "ZBrush Getting Started" tutorial. None of the videos will run. I can operate within the ZBrush UI ... but would like to see videos. Can ZBrush staff help ?

Same problem as tballew down here.
    None of the video's run.

Default Videos do not play

Quote Originally Posted by Berlio Tymterel View Post
    None of the video's run.
    I can't chek out any of the videos either.
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Firefox 8.0.1
    Adobe Flahsplayer 11.1.102.55 (latest)

Can someone advise if there is something more that I need to watch the video? The page only shows a black box where a vid should play, the word 'details' to the left of it, and forward/back arrow below.

Can't learn what I can't see!

Thanks,
    Terri
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zbrush classroom page.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	210.5 KB 
ID:	284974  

Quote Originally Posted by Berlio Tymterel View Post
    None of the video's run.
    Also experiencing this issue

present on:

windows 7 64bit - Chrome browser w/ latest flash player
    Mac OS 10.6.8 - Chrome and Firefox, w/ latest flash player

Default Adobe Loves you and wants you to scream till your lungs bleed

I am strongly suspecting the latest update for Flash, since installing it two days ago I have had a lot of trouble, here and with local .flv files...
    I think that it bears looking at.....
    I lost the ability to view these videos as well, however viewing local copies of them that I downloaded a while ago in Windows Media Player seems to have fixed the problem some how....
    Frankly I'm clueless, but I know that those loons at Adobe will tell me there is a new update as soon as I reboot.... again.... and again.... and.....
    Last edited by MealeaYing; 12-05-11 at 06:24 PM. Reason: I sppelled my own name wrong.... yah yah yah....
    nope...
    I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 ... LastLast