Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Mrguy: Yes Z spheres is a great way to block out a character. If you know how to do it right it is very quick and effective for blocking out designs. I guess my next one will just have to be even better. Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.
    Last edited by DBriggs; 06-17-10 at 04:00 PM.

"not to make it up on any major sites" Like posted images on CGS or other sites?

Did you learn z-sketch at school? How much of your knowledge would you say is from the school? I'm trying to get a feel for the type of education you got versus the type of education I'm getting at San Jose State. Right now I'm like the key driving force for CG at my school. Unfortunately our school is strongest in Vis Dev and Story... not so much CG. So being a key force at this type of school (I feel) doesn't account for much. But I'm trying to develop myself along side developing the program.

Mrguy: No I taught myself Zsketch. I learn the majority of things on my own, because it is fun to do! I think working in the video game industry takes a lot of self initiative. I am constantly reading up on the newest technology, methods, and workflows. These forums have so many bright people that are willing to help. I try and teach myself whatever I can. My school gave me a really good foundation and taught me the basics well. I had a teacher named Johnnie that was really good at explaining 3ds max. I have always used it since then. I had one of the best programming teachers for two quarters. We also have a guy who used to work at interplay. He knows a lot about most things and is very helpful especially when it comes to using video game engines. I think my school needs more teachers especially in the programming side of things. But it is always a great place to get solid critiques and answers for any weird questions that might come up.

Default Starcraft 2 Poster Contest Entry

Hi everyone,

This is my entry to the Starcraft 2 propaganda poster contest. Here is a link to the entries:

The contest is based off of votes, so if you like my poster. Give me a vote by clicking "Like" in the following link. Thanks for your votes!

http://us.starcraft2.com/dominion/pr...l#inum=69&ap=6

If you do not see the "Like" go in and out of the image two or three times and it should pop up. The site seems to be a little buggy.

Thank You!

506.jpg

Cheers,

-Daniel

Member Follow User Gallery

I lol'd at the poster, amazing model, and the poster is just fantastic and spot on

AngelHoof: Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. =)

Wonderful Modeling, Sculpting, Texturing and Rendering

It is great reference to me.

Woah this is awesome. And thanks for adding your workflow steps too. It's difficult to find good, complete examples on that, so seeing how the pros work is really helpful.

I've been trying to get a model properly from Zbrush to 3dsmax, but the results are always horrible.
    Do you think you could add some notes to that material setup screenshot saying which map goes where?

I've been looking around for quite some time, but havn't been able to find any recent & complete tutorials/guides that cover the whole subject. I've noticed I'm not the only one looking too :/

The colors are a little too saturated I think, but fantastic stuff.

Good job on this one.

But the text on that poster(the effects on the text) along with the large white border really puts me off and turns me away. I think you will have to work on your 2d comp skills, but other than that, its good and the cigar butt is a nice touch.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Good One

congrats!!
    looks awesome
    i did mine some time ago
    i couldn't finish it couse of my studies
    a wip i guess

check it out pls
    find it on one of my threads
    Lx (gLk ยช 6)

Default Reactor Pillar

Hey Whatsup everyone,

I haven't posted much lately so I thought I would put up my latest project. Over the last week I modeled, Zbrushed, Polypainted, Textured, Fractured, and Animated this model. I also imported it into UDK as a skeletal mesh.

Basically it is an in-engine pillar I created for a game. The poly count is very low and the animation turned out well!

I created some videos and tutorials on how I made some of this stuff. You can check them out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODj7hA5uWjk&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsiEhpZyec4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc5ApJeGO_k

Please check out my website at :

www.3dbriggs.com

www.3dbriggs.com

I am available for hire!

Thumbnail.jpg
    PillarBeauty01.jpg
    PillarBeauty02.jpg
    PillarBeauty03.jpg
    PillarBeauty04.jpg
    PillarBeauty05.jpg
    PillarBeauty06.jpg
    PillarBeauty07.jpg
    High_and_PolyPaint.jpg
    WireFrame.jpg
    Pillar_Core_Presentation.jpg
    Pillar_Top_Presentation.jpg
    ShatterAnimation.jpg

Please check out my website at :

www.3dbriggs.com

www.3dbriggs.com

I am available for hire!

That is really cool. I really like some the the decoration you have going on there. So did you do the dynamics in U3 or have you done that by hand.
    Patrick Ward

I did it all using Reactor in 3ds Max. It is a baked out physics animation, created to be in game. Baking out a physics animation saves you a lot of resources, as opposed to calculating it in real time. You can see some videos at the top of my post.

nice work overall. a few crits:

if this is going to be pre-baked out for in-game work, you should run the simulation a few hundred frames to settle everything, and then keep all of the frames past the settling point. right now when it starts playing, everything kinda 'bounces' into position as the simulation initializes.

the cloth is a bit too much like rubber imo.. very elastic and thick looking.

the mass on the individual chunks seems a bit uniform. everything from the smallest chunks to the largest pieces all seem to have generally the same mass.

your fracture object is falling apart too easily in some places.. at the moment the pendulum impacts the pillar, the little filigree things at the top just kinda pop off. seems a bit odd for them to come of without direct provocation.

and lastly- the absence of any particles steals the realism away from your animation. card particles are super cheap in any modern engine- so you should definitely utilize them to make it look complete.

keep it up!
    Last edited by eldee.s; 08-25-10 at 11:16 AM.
    [ 3D Artist - Escalation Studios, Dallas TX | My Portfolio Site | LinkedIn ]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast