Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Daniel Briggs -- Sketchbook

My name is Daniel Briggs I study programming at the Art Institute of Orange County. My goal is to become a technical artist. I have one quarter left of school (only 1 class!) so I plan on making a website soon including all of my work. Here is a compilation of all my 3d work in the last year. I have a lot of programming projects that I have created in Visual Studio C++ and C#; I will post all of my programs on my website! My goal before I graduate is to create an unreal total conversion mod created entirely by myself. I will use UDK and implement a lot of work including my characters, rigs, animation trees, scripted events, gun mods, level design, environment props, visual FX(cascade) and game design! Hopefully I will create some MaxScripts along the way. It is a lot of work but I know I can handle it. I have a plan set for what I have to do, it is just a matter of time. The hydralisk will be the boss you fight in my mod. I will post any major updates on my website once it's up.

I decided I should start a sketchbook that will include most of the work I have done in the last year. I have used Zbrush on the majority of these projects. I thought a sketchbook would be a great way to show some of my work. I will show my work from newest to oldest. Then I guess I will start adding on from there. Here we go..

Thumbnail_Brighter.jpg HydraFront09.jpg
    01.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    04.jpg
    WireFrame01.jpg
    WireFrame02.jpg
    WireFrame03.jpg
    Texture_ShowCase03.jpg
    Zbrush_CloseUp03.jpg
    Zbrush_Render03.jpg
    ZSphereConcept.jpg
    Shader_Setup.jpg
    Rig.jpg

Barbarian.jpg
    The following images are from a level I created using the Unreal Engine. I made a lot of props using 3ds max and Zbrush that I used in this level. It is a mixture of Unreal props and a lot of my own that I instanced all over the place.

01.jpg
    001Front.jpg
    001SideView.jpg
    001Top.jpg
    02.jpg
    03.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00010.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00011.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00014.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00015.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00016.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00017.jpg
    Highres_Screenshot_00018.jpg
    EnvironmentProps.jpg

The following images are projects that I either created in Zbrush or modified using Zbrush. I put some low polys up so you can see the models I brought into Zbrush. The only thing that I did not use Zbrush on is the car. But that was before I started using this beautiful program and if I were to do the project again I would have! ZSketch is one of my favorite tools and I use it for all of my 3d creature concepts.

Tileable_Brick.jpg
    WaspFINAL.jpg
    Spider_FINAL.jpg

I used a base mesh from Scott Spencer for this speed sculpt:
    SpeedSculpt_fromBaseMesh02.jpg

LowPolyHead.jpg ModularCeiling.jpg

Volcano.jpg
    ModularPillar.jpg
    ModularTower.jpg

The following images are really old and I have gotten a lot better since then. You can kind of see my work progress from the bottom to the top. The car I did not use Zbrush I just thought it would be cool to show. I did the full commercial production from concept, modeling, texturing, animating, rendering, compositing, and editing! I used the money from that project to buy Zbrush!! The Warfare visual FX was actually the first project I used Zbrush on. I used it to make the terrain! lol...

WarFare_Final.jpg
    Amphigator7.jpg WaterCar_Animation.jpg OnTheWater.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Here are some links. The first one is the rig for the Hydralisk. You can see renders of it above. At the very end of the video is a quick animation to show it in action. This will be used in a cinematic I am creating for my portfolio. I will later animate and implement this character into the Unreal UDK engine. He will be a boss that you fight in an arena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbAcBxclxpE&hd=1

The next three videos are games I have programmed in C# and C++.

This video is a game prototype created in XNA. I programmed the xbox controller to the gameplay and played with collision and particle effects.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvzp6vnP6Gs

The following video is a quick XNA game I created. I used basic physics and added gravity to the classic game of pong. I created this as a tutorial for some classmates to show them object oriented programming techniques.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItxkvM5UeAI

This is a current project I am working on. It is created using C++ OOP. I implemented the box2d physics library and Dark GDK engine. It still has a lot of work to go, but the core functions are there.. Virtual cameras, basic AI, physics, collision handlers.. etc..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6hTOZAnxI

-DBriggs