ZBrushCentral

Speed's New Works

I purchased zbrush about a week ago. I wanted to do the hulk so here it is. Took about a week to complete. These are just screen grabs. I do not know how to render yet or compose a final image. I used over 25 subtools for this. I may polypaint him in the future. I know the cloth is bad. Still learning that.

[attach=201976]Capture1.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201977]Capture2.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201979]Capture5.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201978]Capture4.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201980]Capture6.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201981]Capture7.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201982]Capture8.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201983]Capture9.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201984]Capture10.JPG[/attach]
[attach=201985]Capture11.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

Capture11.JPG

I am done with this guy for now. Poly painted him. Here are some screen grabs.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Looks good, keep it up :+1:

Looks like a great start.keep learning.once you got the sculpting,iam sure you will do some amazing sculpting…good luck:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thx guys a lot. I plan on focusing on head busts over the next few days and getting as much detail as possible.

I worked on this bust for a week exactly. It is Chris Farley from the SNL character “El Nino”. It was hard to sculpt beause most of the references are blurry screen shots on google of him. I know I can take him farther but I want to move on.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

I am working on a super villian. Here is the basic layout. Any comments welcomed. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

After another 1.5 hours I have started to refine the face as well as the body. Tons more to do on the body and face before I create his outfit and mask.He will be a villain from Spiderman. He will look very evil in the end. This is just a base I created from z-spheres.

Capture2.JPG

Attachments

Capture.JPG

Capture3.JPG

This a WIP bust of Batman. These are just screen shots. I did an older take on his face. All done in Zbrush. Also is there a special technique to compose and render my images in zbrush. Just not take a screen shot to make it look nicer. I dont have photoshop. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture 2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture 4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

What brushes did you use for this?

I used mostly the clay and standard brushes.

try to use pinch or the dam standard brush to define the skin folds… it will make your model look alot more crisp.

The surface of your models are all pretty blob-ish… it’s probably a good idea to use the smooth brush more often so at least the skins can be smoother… Try to lower the subdivision of your models before you smooth out the problem area… that way you will not oversmooth your model…

if you are using 3.5, then the polish brush can be pretty useful in terms of smoothing out the surface.

the anatomy on both the head and the body could be better… the faces, while not far off from the basic human anatomy, don’t have the correction composition to make them believable or appealing… Try to use more human face reference and refine each area slowly… The body needs a lot more works… I would strongly suggest you to look at more reference on human body, or buy a book call “ZBrush Digital Sculpting Human Anatomy by Scott Spencer” as it shows you how to build a correct human body on zbrush step by step…

it is an admirable action to keep making new models as you learn, but sometimes one has to step back and focus on one model in order to get to the next stage… I think this is what you should do right now…

you are on the right track tho :smiley: keep this up and we should see some pretty interesting models from you in the future.

Very good advice. Thank you.

Started this last night. Very early WIP, about 45 mins done on Ben Stiller’s face so far. I will be doing a full body of him as well. Not sure yet of what character. Maybe Tropic Thunder Tug Speedman or Zoolander or Focker. Any ideas? I will be spending several hours on getting down the likeness in his face. I think I am starting to capture it. Thanks.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture 2.JPG

This morning I got my upgrade e-mail to zbrush 4. I am stopping work on Ben stiller as Tug Speedman since it was in 3.5. Here are some pics. Maybe one day I will finish him. Time to get into zbrush 4.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

This is my first WIP in Zbrush 4. I used several of the new move elastic brushes with a cool skin shader material. The first image is using BPR. Did this in about 1.5 hours. I plan to use shadow box to create some electonic props after I finish the body.

Capture 1.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Here is a bust of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. I used Spotlight and lightbox for the first time. I love it. This bust took me about 2.5-3 hours. I roughly polypainted it myself but in the future will try to use the images textures.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Here are some current works. Wolverine is a WIP just started yesterday. Going for the Wolverine Berserker series. The next are Lebron James and Eric Northman from True blood played by Alexander Skarsgard. These are just screen shots. No renders.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture7.JPG

Capture8.JPG

Capture9.JPG

Capture10.JPG

Capture11.JPG

Here is the finished bust of Wolverine. Total time was about 4.5 hours. I think I am going to polypaint him as well.

[attach=213775]Capture7.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213776]Capture.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213777]Capture2.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213778]Capture3.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213779]Capture4.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213780]Capture5.JPG[/attach]
[attach=213781]Capture6.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

Capture7.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

Capture5.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Here are some renders with polypaint. Ill call this one finished.

Capture.JPG

Attachments

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG