ZBrushCentral

Old Man Head

Hi all!! Been pretty busy the last couple months but i managed to squeeze out another piece.

This is the first time I started the model in zbrush, so i learned the retopology tools.

Sculpted and polypainted in zbrush, rendered in XSI

Hope you all like it!

[![Old Man Head_v03.jpg|1024x933](upload://43bwaDIoPdqiw1xoMsmGGAYocoM.jpeg)]![Polypaint.jpg|800x604](upload://gJnFHLwEaYJDj7XOIK4ONeqj3Oo.jpeg)

Lemme know what you think!!

Thanks!!

-Chris

Attachments

Retopo 2.jpg

Retopo 3.jpg

Retopoed 1.jpg

Sculpting 1.jpg

Sculpting 2.jpg

Sculpt 3.jpg

Sculpt 1.jpg

Sculpting 3.jpg

Sculpt 2.jpg

Sculpting 4.jpg

Polypaint 1.jpg

Polypaint 3.jpg

Polypaint 5.jpg

Polypaint 6.jpg

Polypaint 2.jpg

Diffuse.jpg

Incidence.jpg

Spec n Relfect.jpg

Ambient Occlusion.jpg

Shadow.jpg

Depth.jpg

Base.jpg

Base 2.jpg

Retopo 1.jpg

Aw man…some of the images didnt upload…should be fixed now.

Dont worry! I can see all the relevant images though…Look nice and well detailed…though the final render where the head is cropped, makes ur character gazing sharply at the viewer. I m finding it too close to the camera.

the proportions are off, but I kinda like it that way. he’s quite cute when he’s smirking :slight_smile:

It’s pretty good, I like it a lot! What a realistic render, too.

:+1:

You’ve got some serious painting skills. Would be nice to know how you go about painting in the different parts. :+1:

I have come in and had to take a look at this 3 times now there is something about this that capture my attention. You have got my respect friend I find this to be a true piece of Art.

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind comments!  I really appreciate it.

Converse - Thanks for the 5 thumbs up.  I'm glad you like it so much.

Bhaskarrac - Thanks for the compliment.  If I do another version, I'll move the character back a bit and see how that feels.

Framedworld - It would be a lot more helpful and constructive if you could be more specific about what proportions you think need work, rather than just saying they are "off".  I feel there is a very wide range of possible proportions of the human face and this one falls neatly in that range.

GX@W - Heres a little bit of a tutorial on how i did the paint job.  It comes from this book [http://www.amazon.com/ZBrush-Character-Creation-Advanced-Sculpting/dp/047024996X](http://www.amazon.com/ZBrush-Character-Creation-Advanced-Sculpting/dp/047024996X) although, like it says, these techniques have been used for decades on latex prosthetics  and general make-up effects for live action as well.

Start by painting a flat beige-ish skin tone covering the model completely.  If you want you can use two slightly different tones with the color spray and a mix of alphas 23, 07 and 08.  

[![polypaint tutorial 1.jpg|900x674](upload://rqTxRvK0R5rkNsEb4tgnG7Rfu0K.jpeg)]![polypaint tutorial 13.jpg|900x674](upload://3CXBeBAlr0SZNyNwqMDanN13c9t.jpeg)

Thats pretty much it.  Remember that this tutorial is just for getting the basic tones and color variations of skin.  There's plenty more details to add on top of that, freckles, moles, tiny veins and such. 

I hope this helps you get started.

Thanks again everybody! :-D

Attachments

polypaint tutorial 8.jpg

polypaint tutorial 9.jpg

polypaint tutorial 10.jpg

polypaint tutorial 11.jpg

polypaint tutorial 12.jpg

polypaint tutorial 2.jpg

polypaint tutorial 3.jpg

polypaint tutorial 4.jpg

polypaint tutorial 5.jpg

polypaint tutorial 6.jpg

polypaint tutorial 7.jpg

I was supposed to say wicked yesterday, but my internet didnt work, so here I am again.

WICKED :cool:

BTW, thanks for explaining the painting part. Always nice to have more technices to use.

Thank for the mini tutorial. Appreciate the time and effort. :smiley: