Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default F i L's Sculptris Stop

Posted these on the Sculptris forum a couple days ago after i found the app, but since this IS the Sculptris forum now, thought i'd repost.

Sketch1.jpg
    Sketch3.jpg
    Sketch21.jpg
    Sketch22.jpg

Also, Sculptris and Zbrush's Re-projection system play very nice with each other.
    Last edited by F i L; 07-23-10 at 11:45 PM.

Hi , well i think they are good but you need some tweaking
    the ear in the first picture is not as good as the rest.

second picture;
    i want to see more of the body

the alien; the upper body especially the muscles ,head,arms and hands look good the rest needs some more work.

Member Follow User Gallery

really cool models in this thread and since i am addicted to woman,i like the vampir girl most....

..and like thenewone said..i also want to see her whole body..
    Sketchbook

Zbrush 4.4,Cinema4D 10.1

Thanks for the input guys!

as far as the girl, i messed up her hands (trying to 'extrude' figures can be tricky) so that's why it cuts off at her elbows. I actually sculpted to her feet.

So i'm going to erase her hand and redo them (most likely starting with Zsheres for basic shape, as i'm having a lot of luck with using them as rough starting points for Sculptris).

Hopefully have something more completed to post soon.

Default great work!

I particularly like the face on the first one. It's very well done.

Speaking of erasing, is there a way to remove part of a sculpture in Sculptris apart from using deflate, grab etc?

The reduce brush is the only "eraser" i know of. Make sure you press Zero after(or during) reducing to remove any duplicated vertices that occasionally pop up.

Turning the reduce amount up (in options) can really help speed things up.

Sculptris skin bump & paint test:
    Skin2.jpg
    Skin1.jpg
    Skin3.jpg
    Skin4.jpg

Crits are always welcome, though this model was just a study, and i'm done with it.

[edit] a bit about the model: Everything was done in Sculptris (including render), started from sphere. Used a few skin pore & vein alphas from the Pixologic doanload center for the bumpmap, as well as the alpha from the Dam_Standard brush. The Dam_Standard alpha works really well for fine/sharp bump detail.
    Last edited by F i L; 08-07-10 at 10:07 PM.

great face ..looking very good
    Sketchbook

Zbrush 4.4,Cinema4D 10.1

Default Wow! The Skin!

I think the skin, its colours, its detailed texture, looks incredible! Very lifelike. Well done.

Yeah, very effective skin paint. Did you use some fake SSS material sphere for this, or just careful painting to make it look sort of warm and living? Seems like the DOF render effect is working out ok for you as well.

Hi FiL i think you should make a paint primer because you sure can paint mate.

Thanks everyone! It really is an awesome community feeling to get a response from the creator himself.

DrPetter - No SSS material, those where rendered using the default material only; except the last one which is a photoshop comp of the default mat and the mat on my Worker model below. Which was made with Taron's Mat Creator (awesome software!). Only other photoshop tweaks where a slight saturation and contrast adjustment (because my Cintique's display is slightly less saturated)... Pretty much 100% Sculptris. And yes i really like the DoF option, adds a bit of flare to the renders

Jimbo - Maybe i will , though that skin isn't too hard to make, just practice the techniques shown in This Video and you should be able to come up with similar results in no time.

--

So i'm in love with Sculptris, it's just so easy to sculpt concepts of what i envision, truely how digital clay should feel. One thing that really drives me nuts however, is the auto-focusing camera when i'm trying to sculpt detail in the hands or feet. Even if i hide parts i'm not working on, somehow it never locks onto the place i want, I much prefer Zbrush's "lock to last edited spot" camera controls, though i do like Sculptris's auto nav when i'm building general shape. Is there anyway to adjust the camera so that it locks to the last edited spot (or equivalent)? Turning off "auto-nav" in the options is even worse.

Anywho, here's a Worker model i'm working on:
    Worker-1.jpg
    Worker-2.jpg
    Last edited by F i L; 08-09-10 at 12:40 AM.

Wow great work Fil especially like the skin painting and texture.
    Keep inspiring!! oh could i ask how you post your sculpts? when i post i get them in attached thumbnail form, opening a page and seeing the image is a lot better.
    Last edited by sculptrisnewb; 08-08-10 at 05:21 PM.

Default Beautifully sculpted!

Great piece of work. You clearly have a good understanding of anatomy. I'm intrigued:who is the guy and what is he doing? I don't recognized his uniform.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hey,

Just a quick question. Do you find the texture painting better/easier/different? Which do you like better Zbrsuh or Sculptris?

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast