Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like, I like its a nice base to build up on,
    its all about experimenting mate.
    At the point your at now I would go in with a combination of the small pore alpha and Speckly alpha as your brush, set at a maximum brush spacing probably a quarter strength and just start building up on the tone.
    I used this chart that come in real handy for me
    http://www.bruiser.ca/skintones.html there is also one i use here
    http://neobgzer.deviantart.com/art/C...-Tone-83569609

I just try to replicate the colors in Sculptris. Another bit of advice is to save your work often when you get to a (happy with it point)
    Lastly comes the fun part for me anyway the detailing and think Random
    by that i mean dont think about where you put your small blemishes just do it.
    Do a couple or three look.... like? carry on..Look dont like? Ctl Z.
    with Moles and spots and such its down to preference and what looks right in your mind.
    But anyway bud keep up the good work sorry for such a long post

He was looking a bit orange there FiL. I tried out a different material to see if it didn't look as much like a fake color. Just a temporary fix for now until I start a newer version and try out some different colors.

And thanks sculptrisnewb. I'll have to look those through for the next version.

Here's where it is so far. Didn't add in the wrinkles around the other eye or the stubble to the rest of the other side of the jaw (which is why I'm saving out the image from this side... )

SkinTest3.jpg

Found a brush that seems to be making some much better pores for me than what I was using. Not perfect, but a bit better.

SkinTest3.jpg

Hes looking good Bud, What i found was not to over do it on the pores normally on a 30 something male you normally cant see them from a distance apart from
    around the nose, temple, just under the eye, cheek area around the top lip and some on the chin.
    Are you using any reference?
    I have a few links just for general reference if you would like them let me know in a email and i will send you them.
    just want to say the eyebrows are looking good too im having trouble with them at the mo.
    Last edited by sculptrisnewb; 08-31-10 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks again. I keep saying that I should use references. I've got a file somewhere with a bunch of faces in it. Before I do the next one I will find it. But, I can always use some more if you want to send them.

Something fun this time. When I see those whiskers, I seem to want to put him in some shaolin monk robes or something.

FishyGuy.jpg

No robes on him for this version. Wanted to try a leaner body this time. Probably going to pull something out of the upper spine and forearms as well as putting some webbing between the fingers when I get there. Still got some work to do on the back too.

FishyGuy.jpg

Didn't spend a lot of extra time on him, but I did get the fingers and the spine thing in. Not sure yet if I'll just go with blending the body into a tail or give him some legs.

Merman.jpg

Little bit more time to play with this one. Decided to go with a tail since I haven't done that before. Still getting to the lower end.

Merman.jpg

Wow it looks really nice Love the anatomy on this one.

Wow this forum is just oozing with talent!!! and then of course there's me
    Well done bud its awesome

@Mr.T Thanks. I know my knowledge of anatomy isn't even close to where it needs to be, but I honestly think that Sculptris is really helping me out there. It makes it that much easier to see some mistakes I'm making when I can move the model around and constantly adjust any part. It grants that unlimited clay wish I always had...

@sculptrisnewb The forum yes. This thread, not so much... And if it weren't for you I'd still be five steps back when it comes to skin. I saw that video before, but if it weren't for seeing you doing it it wouldn't have clicked in my head.

Spent a bit more time with this one tonight. Really wasn't sure what to do with the back. Just added in some bumps. Still haven't done any fins or anything for the forearms, but I did add some veins which kind of adds that bit of detail to that area for now. I feel a bit like Dr Frankenstein with this one. Just kind of throwing pieces at it until it became something.

Merman.jpg

Easily your best yet!!! you need to rethink your name maybe..................
    The master hand sculpture

Default Wow

I love how people keep flipping from naturalistic hyper detailed busts to freaky fish dudes.

this ones really great Sporks! really cool character, and i really like the veins in his arms and yeah pretty much all of it.
    Keep us posted!

Thanks guys, wasn't too sure about that one when I first started. And Celtic3d, I know there's been a lot of people doing the same thing which is why I had to hop on the bandwagon. I was hoping that no one would notice...

I did a bit of painting on the fish guy yesterday, but since it takes at least 10mins to get it into paint (on my laptop anyway) I decided to just go back to learning skin again. As promised, I'm going to use a reference this time. Here's the head so far with the ref photo. Not an exact replica of that guy, but it's close enough that I should be able to use the picture for referencing his skin.

OldAsianGuy.jpg

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567132853 ... LastLast