Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Spork,

I think a handlebar would look great on him A stylized look would look good on her with maybe a hat?
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Wow. There's a lot of new people here all of a sudden. I was too busy to even check out the site for a week and all of a sudden there's a lot of people that came in...lol. Unfortunately, I was also too busy to work on that last one or even open Sculptris for a while. But, I got a quick sketch in tonight. I'll have to be back to comment on some interesting ones out there.

Added all but the fingers. Didn't really need to do anything with the back side since i'm probably just going to render from the front, but I still added some small things in as I was rotating around. I'll get to some of the smaller details and fine tuning once I get the fingers in.

He is looking great Spork
    They say time is the fire in which we burn. Quick! Someone get a fire extinguisher!

Thanks Tartan. Still have a bit of a ways with this one. I did get the hands in, but I need to add in the objects for the fingernails, have to add a small bit to finish up the hooves, bit of posing and then some adjustments to the abs once I get it out of symmetry. Not really planning on doing much more with the legs since (if I actually do the rest like I plan), they should be covered in hair. Still under 100k so far...lol. That will end as soon as I add in all the rest though.

Was able to take another break. Started with a sphere without symmetry for a change.

Member Follow User Gallery

He/She/It is a cutie. You are doing great with your models. I wished I had already that much experience.

Ralf.

Thanks ralf. I have no idea what it is either. Kind of reminds me of the dolphin equivalent of the creepy guy at the end of the bar who keeps trying to get the attention of the ladies...lol. As for the experience, all I did was try to do at least one sculpt a day for quite a while. The more time you work with it, the more you learn. Shoot, I'm still learning...lol. But, Sculptris at least makes it enjoyable.

And got back into this one again. Added in a few things and then went ahead and started posing. I think this is about as far as I'll go with that and start painting sometime later so I can get to the extended time with hair.

Did the painting on the body and was a bit impatient. I wanted to see how it was going to look rendered. Still haven't finished the bump map, but I'll get to that.

Nice satyr - Velvet material works nice for furry surfaces (not hair but the skin under it, I mean). Guess you know how to select part of a mesh and apply a second material to it.

Mix a Diffuse Shader for the base texture from Sculptris with a Velvet Shader in a lighter tone.

The Bulldolphin is lovely.

Thanks Serek. Actually, I had no idea that you could do multiple materials on a single mesh. I may have to look into that before long. With this one, I was hoping to have a thick enough fur that you really wouldn't see too much of the legs underneath. That's also why I colored it in fairly dark just in case any of it might show through.

And here's where he is so far. Had some time tonight to get in all the little areas that needed the hair on the legs. Not sure if I want to finish and do the head or move onto something else.

Went ahead and added in some quick hair to the head. Was good practice even if it didn't turn out the best. But, it's more or less done now so I can move on to something different.

SO cute. Looks fantastic!
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Great model. How did you achieve the hair?

Thanks guys. Hopefully the next one comes out better.

@ralf The hair and rendering was from Blender. Instead of bringing the retopologized sections back into Sculptris to paint for color variations, I just made numerous pieces so I could separate them out by color and hair length. Was a bit of a trade off. I guess I still could have brought them into Sculptris to get a a bit more gradient to the color, but with the colors being so close together I didn't think it would matter too much. It did help to do it in those sections though (which was something that I was watching many do with ZBrush). Made it a lot more manageable.

And just some fun head sketches for tonight. Not meant to be an evolutionary thing. That was kind of by accident.

Goodlooking practice on different heads, I especially like the part of the lower jaw in the 3rd one as well as the area round the eyes.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Nice work, I like it

Thanks guys.

A new one for today. Actually started on it last night. Had most of everything in. Just needed the fingers and toes when I got back to it. Going to try for fur again which is why I didn't go too detailed with most of the parts. Planning on a full body treatment this time with much more varied length in certain areas. Only one way to see how it will turn out I guess. Not looking forward to all the retopology...lol.

Wanted to try it the faster way first. Though now that I've got a basic fur version, I may move on to something else instead of doing it the right way...lol. Just laid a quick paint down and used the original mesh to add the hair. Didn't come out the worst, but I also forgot to add in some segments before moving to edit so the chest hairs lost a lot. Oh well, I think I learned my lesson. Here he is for now.

Page 50 of 56 FirstFirst ... 264147484950515253 ... LastLast