Lightbulb Feature requests

Thought it would be nice to have a thread to discuss feature improvements. But lets keep it reasonable. I'm going to add all the features requested from the thread to this first post to make easier to view them. Better for the developers!

Feature requests from thread:

1. Interface tweaks. (see attachment. note: these were designed by someone on the beta) I really like the simplicity of the design that still keeps the tools accessible.

2. Some way to re-topologize a mesh into a quad friendly one. And afterwards still be able to paint and do non-tessellating sculpting.

3. Dynamic quad based tessellation.

4. Reference images. Similar to how artrage does them would be nice I think. I added a attachment below.

5. Vertex color painting! That way, you wouldn't necessarily have to freeze the topology to generate UV coordinates for texture painting. ZBrush does this pretty well, but Sculptris could benefit from it too.And just like in ZBrush, you could switch to texture paint mode later, and bake the vertex colors into the texture.

6. Tablet friendly navigation more similar to Zbrushes

7. Larger icon compatible with larger taskbar, docks, etc. And an icon that support usage within Windows 7 pin functionality.
    sculptris_mockup_resurface.jpg sculptris_mockup_texture.jpg sculptris_mockup_Pose_2.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exampleartrage.jpg 
Views:	1247 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	205036  
    Last edited by Nichod; 07-27-10 at 05:45 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

some way of extracting mesh to create another object would be nice.

would like a way to pull mesh out easier, something that pulls the mesh locked to the current size of the brush, current grab tool tends to pull mesh to a sharp point

I like all the other things you've added

Quote Originally Posted by squidinc
    would like a way to pull mesh out easier, something that pulls the mesh locked to the current size of the brush, current grab tool tends to pull mesh to a sharp point
    You can turn on 'limit' while in the grab brush to make it less like snake-hook, in case that's what you were referring too.

Quote Originally Posted by squidinc

Use the draw tool to create a higher density raised area then use grab to pull it out there will be less of a sharp point!

New Member Follow User Gallery

Or you can use the mask tool to isolate the shape you want to pull out, then grab 'globally'.

Also, make sure you understand the Detail Slider. The higher the setting, the more detailed the geometry gets with brush strokes (based on how close "you" are to the mesh). A setting of zero means no geometry gets added.

Also, 'Q' is the shortcut for toggling between zero and your current detail value.

making the dynamic tessellation quad base would be nice also, IF possible

Quote Originally Posted by SonKim
    making the dynamic tessellation quad base would be nice also, IF possible
    Don't hold your breath on that one. It was brought up while we were in testing before v1 went live and was instantly deemed conceptually impossible.

But then again, who's to say what the future might hold now that Tomas (DrPetter) has access to the minds at Pixologic.
    Last edited by PolyHertz; 07-25-10 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PolyHertz
    Don't hold your breath on that one. It was brought up while we were in testing before v1 went live and was instantly deemed conceptually impossible.

But then again, who's to say what the future might hold now that Tomas (DrPetter) has access to the minds at Pixologic.
    My thoughts exactly!

Vertex color painting!

That way, you wouldn't necessarily have to freeze the topology to generate UV coordinates for texture painting. ZBrush does this pretty well, but Sculptris could benefit from it too.

And just like in ZBrush, you could switch to texture paint mode later, and bake the vertex colors into the texture.

Where can I get the version you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikoshi
    Where can I get the version you have?
    The screenshots are mock ups from during the original beta.

FYI guys/gals I'm gathering up all the feature requests into the first post. To keep things simple. That way Pixologic can see what we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichod

FYI guys/gals I'm gathering up all the feature requests into the first post. To keep things simple. That way Pixologic can see what we are looking for.
    Great idea! I would to see more sub forums (i.e. WIP,Support,Tutorials,Resource Sharing,etc) like the old Sculptris forum.

Haha, I did not read carefully enough either at first and checked my versions.

Quote Originally Posted by SonKim
    Great idea! I would to see more sub forums (i.e. WIP,Support,Tutorials,Resource Sharing,etc) like the old Sculptris forum.
    I think stickies would work fine for that. As long as each thread remains organized and moderated. Not sure if we'll get any Sculptris specific moderators. Would be nice. But only time will tell.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast