Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Dreamz First Attempt

Hi all, I'm new to Sculptris and love it. Here is my first real attempt at something - finished off in Paint.net.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soul Thief jpeg.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	106.8 KB 
ID:	206152  

Default Painted Tree....Thing!

I've no idea what this is meant to be. I was applying one of my painted effect materials ( see Materials Share thread) to a random shape, added an eye and shadow in Paint.Net and somehow ended up with this. Let's just say it's a paint-spattered tree-creature type-thing.

Name:	Painted wooden thing.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	206364  

Default Angler Fish WIP

As the Angler fish looks like it's been designed using Sculptris, I thought I'd have a go at one. Until I've learned more, I'm content to just use a rough model done in Sculptris as the basis for photo-manipulation. You'll see how rough and ready the basic fish is before I've doctored it. Everything is just an experiment at the moment, none of this is finished.

Name:	Angler Fish Sculptris.jpg 
Views:	325 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	206517   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angler Fish Sculpt jpeg.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	164.1 KB 
ID:	206518   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angler Fish Sculpt Filter jpeg.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	151.6 KB 
ID:	206519  

Hi, I am a newby too and I can see you having as much fun with Sculptris as I have and you are doing some neat stuff with th texturiing which is quite a challenge to me so far. Really like the asthonished look the second fish has.

Default Astonished?

I thought my fish looked menacing and evil! but now you come to mention it, he does look astonished...and slightly amused. That'll have to be change! He definitely needs to look more sinister.
    I'm really struggling with texturing, I don't know enough about it. Do you use the draw feature to add texture? And how do you avoid getting the square shape of the image printed into the sculpture, y'know, the shape of the .jpg or .png frame? I haven't found a decent tutorial on texturing yet. I'm just hoping 3dioot comes up with something soon. (Ahem!)
    I wish Sculptris wasn't so addictive, I need to get on with my life!

Default Le Cirque Des Fantomes - Circus Of Ghosts

I sculpted a quick and simple sort of grotesque fairground mask, then made it look like a vintage photograph, as if a quick gimps has been caught of something weird.

I have to photomanipulate because I cannot paint my sculptures - my models just appear white silhouettes in the paint mode and wont take any colour or texture. I think it may be a graphics card issue. Does anyone know because it's driving me mad!?Grrrrrrr!

Name:	Fairground Freak.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	206884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cirque Des Morts.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	206885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cirque Des Fantomes.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	206886  

Member Follow User Gallery

Have you tried changing the material? And do you have a screenshot with the menu available so we can try and see whart's wrong?

The mask is very very cool. And scary.
    Last edited by Teria; 08-04-10 at 10:31 AM.

Default Screenshots

Teria, you are a star! Here are a couple of screenshots.

Everything seems to be fine in sculpt mode, paint mode on the other hand has got me baffled. I love using Sculptris, so when I watch videos of other people applying all kinds of materials, textures and colours to their sculpts with ease it really frustrates me that I can't.

I've downloaded Sculptris three or four time now, hoping the problem was to do with the download. I've checked I've got the right version. Although my computer is pretty old now I have no problems using any other app.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that someone can help.

Name:	Sculptris screenshot 1.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	206940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sculptris Screenshot 2.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	206941  

Hi dreamz,

I knew there was somewhat of a limit in how old your videocard can be for paint mode to be fully functional. Although i dont know the exact details i went to the old sculptris forum. There is a support subforum there. Even though its closed now and refers to pixologics support (which makes me more then a little sad) its still full of useful info.

Including the following:

"some useres have problems while using the paintmode, in some cases this could be solved by disable the shader support:

open the config.txt file in the sculptris folder and set "enable_shaders" to "0".

materials and the paintmode are well working without shaders, in paintmode you can't change the material or draw normalmaps, but you can paint your sculpt.

in other cases it's a problem with the application path. you can try to extract the sculptris zip file to "C:/sculptris" to solve the problem."

I hope it helps you. Otherwise it may be time for a new videocard.

3dioot
    Last edited by 3dioot; 08-04-10 at 02:37 PM.

I copied all settings from your screenshot but the painting still works for me. I hope 3dioot's ideas help, otherwise I guess it must be your video card. Sorry.

But the shark looks cool!
    Last edited by Teria; 08-04-10 at 03:24 PM.

ah, seems to me must be the card, as on my new computer at home, I can texture and sculpt without any probs. But at my mothers place it is an older computer and I can sculpt fine, buit switching to paint mode results in the all white there too!

Default Thank You Folks!

I really appreciate the help I've received.

3dioot - thank you for taking the time to go to the old forum. Your advice is sound. I did everything you suggested. Changing the config means I now have the ability to paint and texturize the models so at least that's something. I am still disappointed that my Sculptris isn't fully functioning but that's how it is.

Teria, Mermaidine : I checked to see whether I have the same problems in Blender - and it turns out that I do! I'm met with the same white silhouette when I try to directly paint on the mesh. So, you are right, it's a graphics card issue. Alas, it'll have to stay that way as I haven't the funds at the moment to do anything about it. But....I still love Sculptris!

Thank you again for your help.

Default WIP. The Rector's Apparition: Darwins Monster Eats His Faith.

Continuing the Angler Fish thing, for some reason I added wallpaper behind it and.....I dunno, I suppose I was imagining what effect Darwin's Origin Of Species might have had on a man of faith, especially if his gas lamp was leaking at the time and causing him to hallucinate. I think I'm going insane!

Name:	Fish Delusion jpg.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	283.6 KB 
ID:	207178  

Default Just A Quickie

Made this little fella and did a quick render

Name:	Little Fella.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	207212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Little Ginger Fella jpeg.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	157.1 KB 
ID:	207213  

Cute!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast