Update on the neck.

t-recks wip 6.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Fantastic sculpt!, Love the textures.
    Cloudrider

Here is a wip of the body. I have mainly been working on the midsection and arms. Please if you have any critiques on the anatomy post them!

t-recks wip 6.jpg

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wow you've improved a lot in technique sense the beginning of this topic.

Probably what bothers me most about this is how off balance it is. The head and neck are very thick, and then it thins out a lot in the body area.

The general backside kinda bothers me but I guess it could just be because of the absence of spikes.

Leg anatomy is my next concern. I would suggest looking at various reconstructions of t-rexes as well as muscle diagrams. Maybe you could reference real world animals to an extent but I can't think of many other things besides birds that had to hold themselves in that posture.

Is this more proportional?

t-recks body size.jpg

Alright after working for hours upon hours to get the proportions right here is the result. I was mainly paying attention to overall shape of the mid section, neck and head, and legs. There are still some tweaks that need to be made but here it is.

t-recks proportions comparison.jpg

the proportions still feel quite far off, i took the pic and did a quick liquify on it.. its rough but the proportions are allot closer i think... i hope this helps
    t-rex.jpg

Hey guys I finished up the midsection a couple of days ago and wanted to show you guys how it is looking so far. Please tell me if you think the sculpt is doing justice to the concept so far.

t-recks comparison pic.jpg

This looks great!!
    Seems real close to the artwork, but it does kinda seem that the shoulders are riding a lil close to the mid rib instead of at the base of the neck.
    also the ref seems that the "crotch" is riding a lil lower then the knees.
    Last edited by Gedn; 06-13-11 at 09:53 PM.

Update time! This latest render features a quick paint over I did.

t-recks render 5.jpg

Freaky!! You Got some patience man..keep going ..love this model.
    Ashish Parashar
    Free Lance Artist.
    ashishparashar05@gmail.com
    AVAILABLE FOR FREELANCE

http://ashishparashar.cghub.com/
    My Art Blog
    http://ashish-parashar.blogspot.com/

WIP Thread

fantastic job, i intentionally delayed commenting on this piece because i know that a stylish approach acn look off at one stage and totally rock it in the other, i love everything about thsi model , the proportions, the brutality, and a very joe madureira stylization, if you dont know who he is just google joe madureira ultimates dinosaur
    keep it up, and stay loyal to your vision, as even the advice given with best intention can often derail a project

Quote Originally Posted by aquilar
    fantastic job, i intentionally delayed commenting on this piece because i know that a stylish approach acn look off at one stage and totally rock it in the other, i love everything about thsi model , the proportions, the brutality, and a very joe madureira stylization, if you dont know who he is just google joe madureira ultimates dinosaur
    keep it up, and stay loyal to your vision, as even the advice given with best intention can often derail a project
    That kind of comment deserves an update.

t-recks wip 9.jpg

T-Recks head render.jpg

Really kool work!Amazing detailing and just like the concept

STILL digging this guy! Get to work on the scales for the legs and butt!! I want to see him done lol. Great work!
    https://www.artstation.com/maximusin3d

"There is no tomorrow!"
    -Apollo Creed

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast