New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Merge uv's overlapping?

Is it even possible to batch bake all substools into one map? When i press subtools and merge all, everything is overlapping.

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kenji101 View Post
    Is it even possible to batch bake all substools into one map? When i press subtools and merge all, everything is overlapping.
    You need to make sure that your UVs don't overlap.

Default Does MME Export Geometry HD Texture, VD, etc..

Does MME Export Geometry HD Texture, VD, etc.. If not it would be a great functionality to have with the multi tile functionality that it provides.
    Please Critique my WIP

Yes, MME already includes HD Geometry in maps, though how much detail is captured will depend on your UVs and map size.

Default Can't get MME to save displacement as EXR

...regardless of whether the EXR option is on. It always saves it out as TIFF. I can then convert it in Photoshop,
    but would like to know if there is some secret setting I don't know about. I am saving in 32 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by lumogas
    ...regardless of whether the EXR option is on. It always saves it out as TIFF. I can then convert it in Photoshop,
    but would like to know if there is some secret setting I don't know about. I am saving in 32 bit.
    In the Export Options>File names dialog, make sure that the 16bit file format is PSD (as well as having the EXR option on in Displacement Options). The file will then be exported as EXR.

This bug will be corrected in the next release.

Default PSD format in 16 bit before export

...many thanks! That generated an EXR. Apologies if this has already been
    explained a dozen times, but I could not find any info either on the docs or
    in the forums.

...so, er, obvious in hindsight...

Default i like zbursh

so good

Question Export maps process blocked if tool/model has any hidden geometry

Hi there, the plugin is a nice feature, I have only one complaint.

It wont let me export maps if the tool has any hidden geometry. This should be fixed ASAP. The default ZBrush map export/generation features in the "Tools" roll-out allows you to create maps while you have hidden geom. This is important when working with tools/models that have a UDIM/Multi Tile UV setup. And splitting the model at the UV seems first before map generation is a problem because ZBrush always deforms the UV's. I could split in 3DsMax as editable poly with preserve UV's option and then GOZ to ZBrush. But the hassle factor of it all stops me from using the plugin in the first place.

I took a look at the scripts for Matcap Baking and think you should add this feature to the plugin since it is directly related.
    Another cool addition would be a OSL input node via copy paste as text or load in as a .osl file to give added control and manipulation in baking. eg.: controlling the defuse channel as lambertian with SSS to generate a "Single Scatter" map for use in the Wikihuman 2.1 skin shader or the aLSurface skin shader for ultra photo realistic skin rendering results.
    "Open Source educates the world."

JayBass,

The MME plugin automatically handles export of maps for UDIM UV tiles; it's partly what the point of it is. You don't need to hide or split geometry.

As for your other suggestions, I will look into them.

Default 32 bit exr displacement

I trield that and nothing changed. Every time ı export exr it doesn't appear in the folder where I save. I really don't understand why I can't export as .exr.

Merge maps for all subtools isn't working in 2018.1, but it is working perfectly fine in 4R8.

Quote Originally Posted by ironbearxl
    Merge maps for all subtools isn't working in 2018.1, but it is working perfectly fine in 4R8.
    It will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks Marcus!

Hi there, any workaround for the mergemaps problem ?

Unfortunatly we should stick with 2018.1 at work for now and this is kind of a nightmare to merge maps by hand.
    We have files that are working and other that are not, hard to find what's making work well.

Some help would be awesome

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast