Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Couldn't find the video that you said was posted, but I thought I'd google a picture of thermal imaging of a face to see if that might help. Also tried to do a similar texture to the one you have on that last face. Haven't done the bump yet, but I think I might be able to reproduce something similar once I get some of the colors down and spend a bit more time adding in some of the imperfections.

New Member Follow User Gallery

I could take a lesson from you in texturing. The freckles and the pores look great!

Here's the Video Sculptrisnewb is talking about.
    It really does make skin painting easy. A trick is to turn on 'Directional' and 'Random' when laying down veins & stuff.

Thanks again FiL. I did see that one, but for some reason I was thinking that sculptrisnewb was talking about a new video when I was reading about the thermal imaging... My brain wasn't working right last night. Still good to see that video again to better see where a couple of my issues are. Time to start another round of skin again.

@ Sporkfumaster Just visited your post bud hope you dont mind me giving you a few pointers as the name says i'm real New to this i generally do 2D art
    but damn Sculptris has got me addicted Thinking maybe Zbrush 4 is on my Christmas list!!

@ FIL Cheers mate i couldn't remember where you had posted the Vid.

@ Icbeers2 I'm thinking maybe il do a time lapse Vid on my next sculpt
    to show how i texture i'm not to sure what its going to be maybe a
    PinUp gurl!! subject to change tho

More than ok sculptrisnewb. I can always use more pointers.

I've been wanting ZBrush or something similar for a long time as well. That's why I've been so happy with Sculptris since I found it a couple months back. My background is pretty much all 2D too.

Your skin texture is amazing! I love the detail, the moles etc.

Cheers bud
    at this point there was no composition just pure Sculptris, I just cannot get the eyes to pop its holding me back something terrible i've tried comping them
    ive Sculptris'd, I've Blendered i just cant get the darn things to where im happy with em
    sorry it took so long to reply i'm just engrossed by these eyes!!!
    OH the Eyes got to get em done!!!!
    Any advice or tips guys?

Hey Sculpty, what's the problem? What do you mean by 'pop'?

Just making em stand out and look good (Realistic)
    this is what i ended up with last night....erm am i happy with them? Moving swiftly along my next project will beeee.....
    Crits i want Crits !!! oh and comments

beautyeyelashes.jpg

good work on the eyes, Scuwb. (you needed a nickname)

you obviously got the skin texture down, though his forehead looks a tad "spotted" (maybe it's just the angle or light). Overall shape and proportions are good, but the corners of his mouth kinda throws things off for me (i know it's to late to fix that now). I know those where the hardest things for me to get right when i started digital sculpting, and of course i still can't get them exactly how i want; but the more you use the crease and inflate the easier it gets. Good work overall, I'm excited to see your next work.

Most of my crit relates to the geometry of your sculpt which would mean having to go back to sculpt mode and losing your awesome paint and texture work The eyes are quite intense which may be what you were trying to develop. He looks like he is on the brink and is about to do something particularly nasty to some persistently annoying person. Kind of like me when I'm dealing with intransigent upper ups.

It also occurs to me that the aspect ration on my screen may be causing some of what I'm seeing as faults. So take it all with a grain of salt.

sculptris head crit.jpg

@ FIL im liking the Nickname mate @ Celtic3d Thanks bud, I hope to improve with every sculpt,
    yeah i wanted to make him a little mad but he ended up looking like a complete frikkin Nutter!!!
    I agree with you whole heartedly about the mouth i got him into paint mode
    and couldn't tweak anything and im the world's worst at saving multiple files.
    If i could wish for an improvement to Sculptris it would be the ability to flip back and forth between
    sculpt and paint mode and to be able to use your texture in sculpt mode.
    So anyway im putting my Mad eyed friend to the Finished file i may come back to it at a later date
    maybe when i get the "Z"

Well thanks guys for all your helpful words of advice i will take them with me to my next project.

I always get to these discussions when it's too late!
    My opinion, for what it's worth, is that eyes are never gonna look totally convincing without lashes and brows. I believe there are three things that are causing problems with the eyes:
    1) No eyelids. Even with pronounced skin folds above the eyes there should be at least a hint of the top lid otherwise the eyeball does not look held correctly.
    2) The brow looks slightly too flat. It should slant away more towards the temple region. Because it does not, the outer corner of the eyes appear to be too sunken in.
    3) Possibly the biggest problem is the colour and contrast of the eyeball itself. The shadow in the outer corners is too deep and intense. The whites of the eyes have a cold green tint; this makes them appear to recede. A warmer, pinker hue would have been better.
    Well, that's my now obsolete contribution.

Contribution's are never obsolete especially yours Dreamz.......
    I'm sorry did you say something?
    Nah cheers bud you are right in what you say and most of the points you said i did notice but after moving from sculpt to paint mode and by that time it was to late .

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123