ZBrushCentral

Axisis-Sketchbook

These are a few things that Ive done since getting Zbrush

Im doing this before Zbrush 4 comes out. can't wait untill the weekends over. Comments and critique more than welcome. [![bio ship.jpg|1200x810](upload://wf5qIcOLfU79prTTjhFYmDPkAfF.jpeg)]![ink page.jpg|760x1280](upload://5kwTSUIWIrsX8bkG7YQ9xU7n91V.jpeg)

Attachments

UMBRA.jpg

insect.jpg

bio ship 2.jpg

sketches with no particular theme,
[sketsese.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]sketsese.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=219528)

Attachments

sketchesess.jpg

Terrific technique and skill. Wonderful.

:+1:

Somthing that started as a poly shpere
[face.jpg]

not sure where this is going?..but its a journey Im willing to go on

Great job here ! Your last doodle is really great, can’t understand what it is but still it’s quite menacing. The yellow thing looks also great !
I agree for your Umbra, there’s a few anatomical mystakes… The more weird might be the shape of the clavicles. Try to sketch some bodybuilders, might help.
The clothing also need some love… I can see it’s not finished but it still looks too flat. Work on the folds with references, and for the chain, i thing a distinct subtool will look much better.

Keep it up !

Thanks HellGrind, the red thing is actually a study of executing fine detail into a tyrants head. =]

This is the first ever render Ive done that uses photoshop to a great deal.
I dont know, I kinda like it
Ive never done this before and just did what I thought was right.

The tool was just something organic with a bit of detail in it to emphsize the DOF

[final.jpg]

Oh yeah, I dont know how they manage to create that camera dispersion effect, but I guess thats all done in mental ray or vray or whatever :stuck_out_tongue:
I know you can do it in the compositer in blender, but that’s a hell’o a drag

Is there anyway to do this in photoshop?

Thanks

Quick Concept
[something helmit.jpg]helmit final.jpg

An attempt at SSS without using the exclusive SSS feature to V4

[alein dude.jpg]

Great work here. The last two creatures are quite scary and disturbing (in a good way).Would you mind telling which matcap you used. Especially for the last one with your sss render-effect? Looks awesome.

Thanks allot and hope to see more from you. :+1:

Thanks alot Locusta!! The matcap used for the SSS effect was a self made custom matcap called “Super Soft Peach” I used it while compositing in photoshop and It is responsible for the “SSS” effect.

I’ll probably upload this matcap to the material download section for your own zbrushing pleasure :smiley:

But im sorry to say that I cant remember the exact blending mode the matcap layer was in, try multiply at 30% - 50% but I think you should experiment.

Insect and bioship are amazing, Insect is going to kill my ability to sleep till I figure out how you did that!
Wonderful stuff!

A very quick sketch, :
[statue.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘268129’,‘statue.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

statue.jpg

Here’s a concept sculpt of a dude called “Tyrain” I’ve been drawing and sketching him from imagination for a while, I thought about putting him in a graphic novel
or something.
This sculpt wasn’t concerning clothing, It was concerning anatomy, please tell me what you think. critique please, Im prepared to take it.
Thanks

uh, yeah dynamesh helped with the hands and stuff =]
oh yeah, and Im having trouble with chopping up the mesh into separate subtools, cos I always end up with an ugly line where I cut it,
and also the “curve slice” brush doesnt work with symetry enabled, help!!

Trying to get back into the swing
concepter.jpg